Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First official day and it was WINDY! Gust near 30 mph. Forecast for tomorrow 5-10 mph most of the day. Going to be a lot of flying. Lots of aircraft stayed in the trailers today, although some did put in some flights. Click image for larger version

Name:	49EE2878-DFF6-4A8B-A548-51DD65694D9A.jpeg
Views:	615
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	199910Click image for larger version

Name:	8E795CE5-88C3-479B-BE0F-1ED980336088.jpeg
Views:	495
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	199911Click image for larger version

Name:	4DC60402-067D-4E55-B05C-33C50469367B.jpeg
Views:	576
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	199912Click image for larger version

Name:	1ED1DF16-5F96-41FE-81D0-D13D985F9C9E.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	199913Click image for larger version

Name:	AEB19840-4562-4B63-B6CA-969421A6D826.jpeg
Views:	561
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	199914

Comment

• Day 1 - EDF Jet Jam in Indiana or I should say Windiana.

What a fun day this was! The first picture if of my F-86, Avanti & Phantom. I intended on flying all three today but the wind had other ideas.

The second picture is the pilots briefing, the two airbosses were using a bit of ATC rules and verbage which I liked since I'm a full scale pilot as well. The flightline ran very smoothly.

Several of my planes got scraped up in the 600 mile drive here, nothing a little touch up paint can't fix but I was a little disappointed at the hangar rash. I will pack the trailer a little different Sunday when we head for home to prevent that from happening again. This was a good learning experience on trailer packing.:)

The wind was stupid crazy out of the west and it was really gusty, enough so that it damaged a few popup shade canopies. It was a direct crosswind most of the day. The wind was coming off of a big grove of trees and then the building structures which created mechanical turbulence that was something crazy that I've never flown in before. It was extremely challenging at times to fly in, especially landing. Many pilots sat the day out and I don't blame them.

I managed five flights on the Avanti and one of the Phantom. With the narrow stance of the F-86's gear there was no way I was going to attempt to fly it, that would have ended badly.

The phantom flight didn't end well, I wish we had it's epic landing failure on video, it was really cool! As I came in I got slow, a gust lifted the nose, I poured the power in but I was behind the power curve and it was too late. All I could do was watch it go down. The plane settled onto the ground in a high alpha configuration with the only damage being a sheared nose gear pin and a piece of foam that is part of the nose cone. I have spare pins at home and the nose cone is an easy repair that once done you probably won't know that it was damaged.

Terri was my spotter today and she did a great job. It's so great to have her here on this trip with me, that makes it a lot more enjoyable.

I met a number of facebook friends there today which was a treat. I can't wait to get back out tomorrow, the wind is supposed to be 10 mph or less so I'll be flying the A-10 and my ME-262 a lot.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Great first day at EDF Jet Jam 2019!!

Comment

• Welcome home to Hobby Squawk, Ace88! Thanks for posting those photos. Is that your F-86?

And Race 22 Crew, whose X-32 is that?!? Is that the scratchbuilt project I saw on RCG a couple years ago?

And that Byron Eagle, too..

I wish I was there to drool in person.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• It was sooooo windy today even the wind sock finally gave up...
            Attached Files

Comment

• Friday great weather at the Jam!

Comment

• Great shots everyone, thanks for sharing! A lot of sweet looking jets! Love the airliners too! :Cool:
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Friday submission

Comment

• Arrived today, just an awesome event.

Comment

• Friday Jet Jam
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Here’s what the line is for guys waiting to fly!!!..EVERYONE wants to fly!!!...At least four in the air and these all are in the cue to go...
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Greene View Post
                          Here’s what the line is for guys waiting to fly!!!..EVERYONE wants to fly!!!...At least four in the air and these all are in the cue to go...
                          I remember that wait! Worth it! Thanks so much to everyone for sharing, and continue to do so. Definitely want our entire customer family to see what a great event Bob and the Rosewood RC club have created. Should be a staple for RC EDF pilots for years to come!

Comment

• So day two was great. Wind right down the runway.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisbakerp-47 View Post
                              So day two was great. Wind right down the runway.
                              Day 2 is far from over! You guys should be entering the perfect flying time starting now! :)

Comment

• Love seeing all the pics guys! Keep 'em coming!

Comment

• Day 2 EDF JET JAM 2019! Having a great time!!
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Tired Iron Ohio Chapter checking in Jet Jam 2019

Comment

• Love the shots! Man that looks like an absolute blast!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Comment

• Welcome to Hobby Squawk Jonah! Those are some great pictures you guys posted :Cool:
                                          TiredIron Aviation
                                          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Working...
                                          X