X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEFI

I was on the AMA website yesterday and they have the dates for NEFI. June 21-23.

Good.................Coincides with the requests to Jay from participants last year to have it the week following the Jet Jam which is scheduled for June 13-16, 2019.
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Looking forward to NEFI, please let the weather be nice this year.

Comment

Hey, what this about NEFI??
        Apparently, we're being bumped off our traditional runway and put on some back lot grass runway, WTF?!
        Now I'm really glad I went last year and won't be making it this year.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Really a bummer I was planning to go this year but now I’m thinking that I’ll skip it. Flying from grass will really limit what planes everyone will fly and that’s a big part of the appeal of attending these big events.

Comment

Jay Smith of AMA confirmed the event will be held at site 4. they will have the grass rolled and mowed short. Apparently several pilots request the event be moved to that site as it is much larger and he agreed to try it for this year.

Comment

I had planned on going even got the time off from work but I really like to have a paved runway as some of my planes have small wheels. May have to pass on going this year.

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
                Jay Smith of AMA confirmed the event will be held at site 4. they will have the grass rolled and mowed short. Apparently several pilots request the event be moved to that site as it is much larger and he agreed to try it for this year.
                If NEFI is using site 4 can site 3 be used for folks that would prefer a paved runway.

Comment

There are photos of site 4 that look promising! Grass looks like a fairway !
                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Where is site 4?

Comment

One issue that may come up is the lack of electrical outlets like they have at site 3. They do have some RV hook ups across the street. Also there is no bath house at site 4 and if it rains be prepared for mud.

Comment

Really disappointed to hear they moved the event to site 4. I don't think they can get the mower low enough for small wheeled models, especially jets. The surface rolls over there too. Site 3 is plenty big for the event. Those two paved runways will be missed.

Comment

Disappointed myself :( As Robert just mentioned above about site 3 size........was plenty large, just don't get why Jay would do this :Confused:
                          Also agree with Skip ;) Hope your doing well my friend.
                          Site 4 is/was where they held Scale Nats because the GIANT airframes can handle/need that long grass runway.
                          Whether I go this year or not :Thinking:
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Just curious how many pilots requested the move to site 4. From what I reading from these posts most folks would rather be at site 3. I missed NEFI the past 2 years and really wanted to attend this year at site 3.

Comment

MB..........I've gone there the past 4 years and I didn't even here the conversation spring up there last year about changing sites.
                              My personal belief is there is some "agenda" that is forcing Jay's hand on the move to site 4 other than a majority:Confused: of NEFI pilots requesting it.
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

I never heard any negative comments about site #3 or any discussion about requests to move to site 4 from any of the pilots last year. I know I would prefer to be at site 3. Does anyone know if there is another event planned for site 3 at that time?

Comment

Originally posted by James.MotionRC View Post
                                  Not entirely sure I buy that explanation....several pilots does not sound like a majority to me.

Comment

I don’t buy that story either and I’m not sure I’ll be driving 1100 miles one way to maybe be able to fly off of grass depending on good weather or not. When I know I would have been able to fly off of asphalt on the other site I’m so disappointed in this decision.

Comment

Hey! Come to one of the best flying sites in the world, but fly in the grass. Jays on vacation. I already reached out. Best way to kill an event ever.

Nothing is scheduled on 3. If there are people who want more space nothing is stopping them. No reason to move the event.

Comment

I think the changing of the site is the event killer.
                                        The event has earned a reputation because of where it has been.
                                        There is reason to put the event back on 3 because people want and like the paved twin runways.
                                        I travel 1300 miles round trip to fly off of the tarmac :Straight-Face:
                                        If I wanted to fly off grass I would stay home to do so on my private strip which is better than site 4 ;) or go to my buddy TJ's club which is also probably as good or better than site 4 :Cool:

Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                        X