X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
    I’m leaving Texas Wednesday morning and will be arriving in Muncie Thursday evening. See y’all there.
    Drive safe. That is a long haul. How many hour drive is it for you?

Comment

It will be 16 hours or so it’s over a thousand miles.

Comment

I think Dan still holds the record for the longest drive to NEFI. LOL

Comment

Yea I’m not quite that far. It is a shame Dan can’t make it this time.

Comment

Wish I could, but just got laid off and will be out there pounding the pavement looking for something else. Glad I went while I could!
            Have a great time guys and take lots of pictures:Cool::Cool:

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

We officially arrived at NEFI afternoon I can’t wait to get this event started :)

Comment

hey guys, got here yesterday and the weather was awful, but it cleared up and we got no wind and sunshine for Friday!

Comment

Great to hear James!
                  Sure looks funny to see the end of the tents and no Gman and Charlie Brown trailers down there.:Crying: Cool to see the pics and know exactly where you are. Also nice to see that Motion stepped up to the plate this year, we felt a little neglected last year:(
                  But, it sounds like its starting off typically, usually the weather is poor when you first get there:Angry:, but the event turns out great:Cool: with lost of :Sun: and beautiful clouds for pics. Beware of the infamous Nefi Triangle at the far right of the field as you face the runway. Many a fine plane has met its doom there;)
                  So I'll be and hoping for more pics. Even if we're not there. we're there in Spirit.
                  Good news is that I finally get my Citizenship next Friday after nine years of trying:):Hug::Win::Win::Win:

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

I'm there in spirit too and keep those pics coming ;)Please say Hi to Jay for me would ya'll :Cool:
                    Now the truth be told, am sad not to be there so guess it's time for a little spirit help to qualm the :(

Image result for damitol pills

OR

Captain it shall be :)

Warbird Charlie
                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Got a chance to tour the Model Aviation museum at the AMA headquarters. What an awesome display of the history of our hobby. Video of it will come out later this week. So very awesome and well worth the trip to NEFI alone!

Comment

We did that while there for the 2017 Nefi. It's pretty cool!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Had a great time here at NEFI I met a lot of new friends and some old ones. I agree if you love RC airplanes and get anywhere close you must go to the AMA Museum. Funny thing is I’m going home with more planes than I brought up here.

Comment

Nice to meet and fly with you Dennis. I had a great time.

Comment

Well I didn’t do much flying, with the wind and what not. I did have a great time, and want to go again next year, and the next, and the one after that and so on! Great to meet you farmflyer. Good seeing you again Steve, and thanks again for your help. Everyone there share the same love of the hobby and are happy to help you figure a problem out. Missed you Charlie and George, and George’s better half! I hope to see you at NEFI 2020!
                              I also left with more planes than I brought!
                              This picture was taken Sunday and it only cost me five bucks!

Comment

I missed you too Bob and that character next to ya.
                                Little disappointed that James didn't get more pics being MRC was a major sponsor.
                                Guess we'll have to somehow force Gman & Mrs G(Diane) to do 2020.
                                She always did an awesome job capturing all that went on;)
                                Got the new replacement rolling bunkhouse/hangar and I will be there next year again.:Cool:
                                On my way home with it from Ohio when NEFI started
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1192[1].JPG
Views:	456
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	202354
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                                  Well I didn’t do much flying, with the wind and what not. I did have a great time, and want to go again next year, and the next, and the one after that and so on! Great to meet you farmflyer. Good seeing you again Steve, and thanks again for your help. Everyone there share the same love of the hobby and are happy to help you figure a problem out. Missed you Charlie and George, and George’s better half! I hope to see you at NEFI 2020!
                                  I also left with more planes than I brought!
                                  This picture was taken Sunday and it only cost me five bucks!
                                  Boots, sorry we were not there when you got back on Sunday. We were packed up by 8:30 and I asked the boys what they wanted to do. They said they were ready to go. It was great seeing you again and for not having flown since last NEFI you did a great job flying the Kingfisher. Glad the 105 got trimmed out and that the revamped 70mm F-16 flew good too.

Charlie, Alex was there taking all kinds of video so I suspect they are processing and the AMA folks will have a photo album up soon with all the pics they took as well. Glad you got a new rolling bunkhouse/hangar. Looks good!

Comment

WOW!
                                    Looks sharp CB, we were just talking about you lastnight and wondering how the trailer buying/getting it home was going. You're right, that is one heck of a step up, beautiful my friend:Cool::Cool::Cool:
                                    Sure missed being there this year, the first time in three years but, the way the weather looked right across our route didn't look too promising, I wasn't looking forward to crossing Lake Nebraska!!
                                    Lots of pics on the way , I hope and Ryan's live podcasts from Nefi were great, hopefully he and Mike shot some video footage. I hope James got a decent camera and not his cell phne, I tried to watch some of the video he shot and Joe Nall, but it was really poor quality. Lost interest and shut it off.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                                      WOW!
                                      Looks sharp CB, we were just talking about you lastnight and wondering how the trailer buying/getting it home was going. You're right, that is one heck of a step up, beautiful my friend:Cool::Cool::Cool:
                                      Sure missed being there this year, the first time in three years but, the way the weather looked right across our route didn't look too promising, I wasn't looking forward to crossing Lake Nebraska!!
                                      Lots of pics on the way , I hope and Ryan's live podcasts from Nefi were great, hopefully he and Mike shot some video footage. I hope James got a decent camera and not his cell phne, I tried to watch some of the video he shot and Joe Nall, but it was really poor quality. Lost interest and shut it off.

Grossman56
                                      Hey Grossman56 we shot a good bit of video this past weekend at NEFI so be sure to check out our YouTube channel in the upcoming week or so for some coverage. It also sounds like you tuned into some of James's live streams from Joe Nall, but there are a bunch of edited/HD videos on our channel now as well including Joe Nall Highlights, Eduardos A-10, and more.

Comment

Yep, I watched some of the Videos you mentioned and sooooo much better!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

A big THANK YOU to Motion RC and everyone that attended NEFI!

While the forecast wasn't the best heading into the weekend, we were very lucky to have decent weather and Friday was just beautiful. I always enjoy seeing everyone at the event flying and having fun and then after the event being able to support local charities is also amazing.

We will work on sharing some photos from the event with you.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X