X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Annual Jolly Good Fly-In - Sponsored by Motion RC

Hello Pilots! We will be sponsoring our first major AMA sanctioned event north of Atlanta Georgia from August 30th - Sept 1st at the Dalton Municipal Airport in Dalton Georgia!

Registration is now open and can be found here with full details about the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/295129891417554/

Details below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jolly Good A v3.png
Views:	499
Size:	271.3 KB
ID:	185601
    Address: Dalton Municipal Airport (KDNN)
    AirNav: KDNN
    4483 Airport Road
    Dalton, GA 30721

AMA Sanctioned event. Must have a valid AMA Membership card to present when you pick up your information packet.

This event will take place Rain or Shine.

All flying is allowed with Jets - Turbines (Designated flight times), EDFs, Fixed wing and Helicopters.

Not allowed for flying are of drones / multi-rotors and First Person Viewer (FPV) at the the request of the airport.

All Pilots, charge your batteries prior to arrival. Bring your own Generators as power will not be available on site.

Pilots must have a Spotter during each flight.

Night flying will be allowed.

Pilot's Meeting will be every morning at 9 AM.

T-Shirts will be presented for all Pre-registered pilots for $20 or for day of event for $25 on Saturday only.

Commemorative Air Force will be present on Saturday only with a T-34 Mentor. Pre-Register for Rides are available for $125 for 20 minutes of flight times.

Five flight stations, local food trucks on-site and with Tent Rentals available. RV and Tent Camping will be available as well.

Friday night a Free Movie will be shown (Top Gun).

Spectators are FREE Admission

Landing Fees:
    Weekend Pass are $40.00
    Daily Pass are $25.00

Tent Rentals prices TBD
    Sizes is 12' x 12'
    Weekend Rental is $350.00

We will have a Cool Zone with misting fans for keeping all refreshed.

Porta Potties will be on-site.

Full Scale Pilots only in the FOB. The airport will be active but typically only has about 3 - 5 flights inbound per day. A NOTAM will be in effect.

We hope to see you there!

Looking forward to it!

Comment

So I'm guessing that you need a jet to be able to fly there

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
        Nope. Just about anything is good. I think the airport does have a restriction on quads/drones but everything else is fine.

Comment

Nice idea and event MRC!:Smug:

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
            It says in the original post "All flying is allowed with Jets - Turbines (Designated flight times), EDFs, Fixed wing and Helicopters."

Fly whatever you have!

Comment

James,

Can we arrive Thursday afternoon to drop a trailer and get set up?

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post
                James,

Can we arrive Thursday afternoon to drop a trailer and get set up?

Sean
                Sean, you planning to be there?

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Sean, you planning to be there?
                  Steve,

I am. It's about a 4 hour drive for me, plus I look forward to events where I can fly off pavement. I also figure it'll be a good time hanging around with the Motion RC crew again.

Sean

Comment

Cool! It's about 4 for me too. Look forward to seeing you again.

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      Cool! It's about 4 for me too. Look forward to seeing you again.
                      Great! A lot closer than going to central FL.

BTW...I think Jerry will be coming up.

Also look forward to seeing you and the boys again.

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by EDFjetpilot View Post

Great! A lot closer than going to central FL.

BTW...I think Jerry will be coming up.

Also look forward to seeing you and the boys again.

Sean
                        Awesome! Would love to see Jerry again as well.

Comment

Hey Guys, So excited for the Jolly Good Fly-In this weekend! Should be a lot of fun. I will be updating this thread with pics and anyone who is also going it would be great if you could do the same.

Comment

I plan on being there Sat. and Sun. I have three planes I plan to fly (1600 mm Corsair, 90 mm F-22 and a 80 mm L-39 camo) with 6 batteries. Since I don't have a generator I'll have limited flying. Seems an event such as this should have electricity so those without generators can keep their batteries charged.
                            I guess I'll have to use my car battery to charge batteries as needed.
                            I also planned on sleeping in my tent but will not be able to fill my air mattress which has electric pump to fill it.
                            Guess I'll just sleep in my van being it will be for only one night.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post
                              I plan on being there Sat. and Sun. I have three planes I plan to fly (1600 mm Corsair, 90 mm F-22 and a 80 mm L-39 camo) with 6 batteries. Since I don't have a generator I'll have limited flying. Seems an event such as this should have electricity so those without generators can keep their batteries charged.
                              I also planned on sleeping in my tent but will not be able to fill my air mattress which has electric pump to fill it.

Tom
                              We will get your air mattress inflated no problem. I have an inverter you can borrow to plug into a cigarette lighter. Works like a champ!

Comment

Originally posted by I-fly-rc-aircraft View Post

Tom
                                Tom,

You're welcome to plug into my generator for charging. Those big 6S batteries will kill a car battery.

Sean

Comment

You guys are great. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                                  X