You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valley Flyers Pizza Fun Fly, April 9 2016 at Apollo XI Field (Van Nuys, CA)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If by chance anyone has a Yak 130 70mm EDF Kit Plus new in the box they happen to be bringing to this weekends event, I'll purchase it :D. They just went out of stock. Doesn't that just figure, ha-ha.

Also, for anyone coming this weekend, I'll be selling (likely at cheaper prices than I ever would sell online):

1. New in the box RCLander F2B (aka F16) 76mm EDF jet with the works (lighting system, afterburner light, LS2 metal gear servos, landing gear doors, electric retracts, suspension struts, Hobbywing Platinum 100A ESC, 3-5A UBEC, Lander 76mm allow EDF with 5-blade fan and 2100kv motor for 6S use)

2. Two HET 6904 EDF's with HET four blade fans and ARC 28-48-1 motors. For use with 4S and draws roughly 100A each. Both EDF's are new, but onl one of the motors has been used before. Both are professionally dynamically balanced.

3. Two new Global Fly EDF's with five blade fans with 3200kv motors dynamically balanced and assembled at the factory. These are to be used on 4S or 5S (should draw around 90-100A on 5S). These should be the same or similar to the Sapac Mb-1 combo because I believe Global Fly took over the manufacturing after Sapac went out of business from what I've been told, but they look a little different (for example they have a lip on the EDF shroud).

4. One New Sapac MB-1 EDF/3200kv motor combo assembled and balanced at the factory. Should draw roughly 90-100A on 5S.

5. I haven't decided yet, but I may bring one of my spare used E-Flite Habu 32's for sale. It has electric retract with Tamjet struts, JR servos, Castle Phoenix 80A HV ESC, and Eflite V-32 EDF/BL-32 motor.

6. New YEP 120A HV ESC

7. Used Castle Ice2 120HV

8. Two used RCLander 64mm EDF's with five blade fans and 4300kv motors. For moderate 3S or 4S.

9. Various new and used Hobbywing Pentium/ExceedRC Proton/Turnigy Plush ESC's (all of those are just rebranded Hobbywing's). I have some 80A, 60A, and 40A's.

10. Probably a lot of other stuff I haven't even found yet :), but I'm searching through my stuff.

Comment

I'll have quite a few things for sale as well. I need to make space for new projects. Unfortunately I don't have a 70mm Yak-130 to sell to you, though. Steve K. might bring his, though, I maidened it for him recently with Gary/Mach's alloy fan... ~140 mph according to the onboard GPS.... :D
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Steve R. was out there this afternoon flying with me at Apollo. Weather was dry, overcast, but light/moderate wind straight over the runway. Great flying weather, hope it holds another 60 hours. If not, I'm bringing at least one plane I don't mind flying in a little precipitation. Actually, what am I saying, I don't mind flying any of my planes in a drizzle.

Comment

LOL, now that's my kind of Yak. Hahahaha

Comment

I flew Steve's Yak last Sunday and the speed was impressive, though he should strengthened the stabs. ;)

Comment

Charlie and a few others joined us for some fun flying. Tony maidened Brent's newly finished Hurricane, and Steve brought out his B-29 conversion. The weather held until mid-afternoon. Friday looks to be good in the afternoon so Addison and I will likely show up around 3pm to finalize some logistics, get some test flights in with the other early birds, and figure out where we're going to erect these EZ-Ups. Sprinkle or Shine we'll all be there in force at 6:30am Saturday morning. Cross your fingers, it looks like gray but dry skies throughout Saturday morning and again for most of Sunday. Just for fun, we're all bringing a plane we don't mind flying in a little rain. I'll have a Pandora and Sportsman ready for any weather condition for us to fly around with and have some laughs.

Comment

Good times yesterday!

Well....if the weather wasn't enough of a challenge, President Obama is in town which always creates the TFR issue. Good thing he'll be departing around noon today....Whewwww! Looking forward to seeing everyone in the morning.

Comment

TFR for LAX ends at 1pm. Borntoolate and a couple others are meeting me there this afternoon with Addison and Josh.

Comment

Send some pics and vids tonight guys. We, out here who couldn't make it, want to feel the fun!

Pleeeezzzz!!!😁😁😁

Comment

What a fun day at Apollo. Alpha, Xplaneguy, Bajora, Addison.MotionRC and many others were out at the field and flying by 6:45am. Though the weather wasn't perfect, it definitely didn't keep us from flying! Formations of all sorts of aircraft flew throughout the whole day, including a huge group of FlightLine P-38s. Way too cool to see them all up at the same time. Below are just a couple photos from today, more on the way. A truly memorable day spent with some great people, couldn't ask for anything better.

An incredible day at the field - and more to come tomorrow! If you can make it out to Apollo XI tomorrow, please come out and fly. Weather is looking to be great. Hope to see you out there!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Completely awesome day! Great to put faces to all the names. You are a great bunch of people. I'll see you out there tomorrow bright and early.

Comment

Sam, thanks for the awesome pics. Hate I couldn't make it out this first go-round, but will in the future. The more pics the better...will make it feel like we were sort of there.

Comment

Fun day! The weather turned out to be perfect in a oddball sort of way --because it was overcast with intermittent sprinkles, none of the turbine guys showed up and we only had one 3D gasser all day. It essentially became an electrics-centric event, and oddly enough we ended up flying far more frequently than we would have if the weather was sunny and 80 degrees and the usual Apollo Zoo crowd was there competing for airspace. Tomorrow we'll have round three, with more photos to come.

FlightLine Spitfire and Sea Fury, along with many customized B-17s and nine P-38s, most with a different livery. Crxmanpat's "Putt Putt Maru" was gorgeous, Evelyn's WASP Tribute was classy, and event Brent got in on the action with a custom nose art commemorating his parents because his father worked on P-38s in the '1940s.

Comment

Project Excalibur and Project Iron Petticoat made quite an impression, with six more pilots logging stick time between the two.

Comment

Good times for sure! :)

Comment

The gang!

Comment

Great stuff guys!!
                                    Finally some interaction between all us Motion R/C fans!
                                    Let's hope this is just the first of many! NEFI is coming up and I'll make sure we get a bunch of pics as well. I'm hoping for a video from Mike and Ryan.
                                    Once again, great job.
                                    I think my New Years Resolution is to get out to as many of these events as I can next year.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                    X