Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMA NEFI Event June 10- 12

Hey guys:
    Plans are coming together, Ryan checked in with AMA HQ and the NEFI (National Electric Fly In) event is happening right when I'll be back there! All are invited for the First (dare I say Annual!) Motion R/C-Hobbysquawk get together.
    We have a date and a cool event, now we just need to know who's coming!?
    Hopefully, Ryan will chime in on more details about the event. Possibly a day there and a day down at Southbend to drill some holes in the sky.
    It's going to be great !

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Alright guys, enough talk about "possibly" or "wishing we could" put together something like a fly-in or something. We've all had exactly the same thoughts. And they are:

1. Would love to meet the faces and personalities to go along with the names (nicknames) of our friends on this forum.
    2. Would love to meet the MRC team at some point. I've even thought about trying to figure out how to visit their facilities to see where all the magic happens.
    3. Would love to visit the AMA headquarters, along with the field and new facilities nearby.
    4. Would love to actually see and fly with guys like Ryan, Mike, and Alpha, along with the MRC guys we speak with on a daily basis.
    5. Would love to see and touch some of the planes we see in the videos and online, up close and personal.

It would be a heck of an event, but this can certainly be done. The logistics of it all would be the most time consuming organizational part of it, of course.

It would take a commitment on the parts of all those who'd agree to hold steadfast in planning it. It would take agreement and commitments from the AMA, and MRC to help host it. All of whom would also agree to share in any monetary responsibilities to initiate the event.

We'd all have to agree on a solid date. And of course this would determine the place as well. In other words, if we choose to do it in Illinois where all the magic happens, it would need to be the time of year that will accommodate the event. Otherwise, it would need to be in a warm climate area of its not held in the summer or early fall.

To get this started we need to start a dedicated forum for the initial discussions. Then we'd need to collect our collaborate thoughts on what we'd like to see and accomplish through the event. That can be done with a deadline of only a few days. We can then approach MRC and the AMA about what we'd like to do.

I'd like to start by assembling a group of a few pilots who'd like to help head this up. I hope that group includes either of the three guys I mentioned above...Mike, Ryan or Alpha. You guys know who we need at the AMA, and of course, MRC.

Does this sound like something you guys would like to seriously panel and research?

Comment

I'm anxious to see what they say as well, I'm in one way or the other though!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

You know Gman you and I have had this discussion before ........

Bryan
        But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Yes we have, but here's a new twist.
          I'm going to be in Wisconsin from June 6 to June 9. Now, from Wisconsin to, say Muncie, is another day I believe, so it would be a great time to plan this, at least for me!
          Now, it doesn't necessarily have to be Muncie, Lon's in Miles Iowa and I know that Ryan and Mike are in Indiana as well. Miles is only about 5 hours drive from Shawano, so again, its doable for us. After all, it's going to take us two days to drive from Wyoming to Wisconsin anyway, so why not?

I'll see if I can get some of the boys on board here.

Grossman56
          BTW, I'm going to push for an events section in the forum, it would be perfect for something like this, if it happens, I'll migrate this thread over to it.
          Team Gross!

Comment

It's a great idea...I will create a new forum for events and move this thread to it, probably tomorrow. Good on ya!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks Aros! Great suggestion Sky Wolf!!!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Hey Bryan, you coming?? We're long overdue buddy!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

You know, it wouldn't be a bad idea for those of us that want to visit the guys in Muncie, and fly with them, to just make a drive/visit up there on a scheduled date for a meet. We could make it a small scale fly-in for those interested. I have to make a visit to Muncie for business at some point soon anyway.

I bet Ryan and Mike wouldn't be opposed to that at all! It could be a great weekend event with much flying footage for both MRC and the Hobby Squawk forum, and possibly for even the AMA.

Aros, thanks for being willing to add another forum just for events. That would really help stimulate thoughts and ideas, and move them forward a lot sooner.

Grossman, I wouldn't want to move your dates, but I'd really like to be a part of that weekend. However, I leave on a cruise on June 5th. Dang it!

I think that once we get the first one under our belt and in the open with discussion and footage it'll surely foster more events to occur. We may even get Alpha to visit a few. Yes Alpha, we'll definitely join you at Apollo one day soon too. I was in your area at the 2015 AMA Expo, and almost made it to your field to check it out, but I went to visit Whittier and stayed longer than I anticipated.

As Alpha suggested last night, I'll definitely get one started here in the Lower Central area. Lots of guys here in Texas and Oklahoma.

Aros, do you think MRC would be opposed to sponsoring the events with the HobbySquawk or MRC name as the title? It would purely be for title naming only. We could all take care of the rest by getting our clubs to put them on with the help of the AMA. I would think that the point of the events would be to foster support of MRC, their loyalty to us, our loyalty to them, getting their name out in the open with real people, and showcasing the products at the field through all of our toys. It happens at Apollo Field now, but why not all across America in specific "hot" areas. (Central, Southwest, East Coast, and the Pacific NW) It would be "AWESOME"!

Let us know what you think!

Grossman, thanks for jumping on board with the discussion you've obviously already had before. This could get exciting!

Comment

Another option would be to meet up at some of the larger events currently held at various locations such as the Joe Nall, SEFF and some AMA Hqtrs Events.

Comment

Hey Gman I would love to . Wayne I'm in the upstate in a small town called Gaffney . I was raised and spent 90% of my time in Charlotte . I know where Bluffton is and have been thru there before .
                      I need to plan far in advance to make things work . The sooner a date the better

Bryan
                      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

I have the week of the 6th of June off and am working on the next week as well, I figure since I'm back that far, I'm going to visit with as many of the guys as I can and take in AMA headquarters as well. Still waiting to hear from Ryan as he knows the lay of the land better than I do, you can bet things will be photographed and videoed.
                        My biggest question is which airplanes to take! I can get the Pitts into the box of the truck, but as the wings don't come off, its tight to get anything else other than the Pandoras or the Apprentice in as well. I've wedged a P51 in the back seat, but I'm thinking I'd have to pull wings, I hate that as I get a good seal going with the clear coat and them have to break it. Oh well, we must sacrifice for the cause.
                        So boys, if you're anywhere near Muncie or can get there in that timeframe let me know. This is our chance to start the ball rolling. Next year, maybe the central states or the west coast.

Grossman56
                        PS, keep in mind its a t least a three day drive back home to Wyoming from Muncie, so Thursday I have to scramble for home.
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Wayne, do you know when the next AMA Hdqtrs event may be? And, is anyone planning to attend Joe Nall this year?

Comment

Go for it Grossman! I'm off that week too, but will be in the Caribbean. I'll do some video from the Phantom Vision 2+, which came from MRC when they tried to carry the line. I wonder if they have a sign or a banner I can take with me to get some crafty shots with?

Comment

Hey sky wolf
                              Definitely be at Joe Nall this year. Being in nc it's just a hop skip and jump south. Maybe we'll see ya there.
                              Dewey l

Comment

Wayne, the Joe Nall event would be a great place to meet up. A forum for events would be a great idea I think. I know the club I'm in has a annual fly-in coming up April 16 in Kinston, NC. You can access our website by visiting www.coastalplanes.com and click the events tab. Theres a lot of helpful things to use on this website.
                                Still Learning:D

Comment

Dewey, I'm really hoping to make it there this year. I've never been before. Tried to go last year but the work schedule didn't allow. It's a real drive for me from Irving, Texas, but I'm willing to make it. Will definitely stay in touch to let you know if going.

Comment

I for one, think that an event for the members of Hobbysquawk is a great idea. I would definitely show up in order to get to know some of the people on the forum here. I'm Northwest of Chicago, so Wisconsin, Indiana, and Illinois are all good for me. June is a good time for a fly-in as well.
                                    You might be able to fly it, but can you land it?

Comment

Hey sky wolf .
                                      All I can say my friend you will not regret it. It is off the hook. So much there to see and do. My first day is like being in a trance. Wall to wall planes vendors you always wanted to see and talk to. Keep in touch and we will definitely catch up down there. Last year there was six of us from my club.
                                      Dewey l

Comment

I've watched every video of Joe Nall for the past 3 years and I get jaw-drop every time. I'd love to be up close with all those great planes and pilots. My largest plane is the Carbon Z Cub and the Hangar 9 Taylorcraft. But the planes at Joe Nall are absolutely incredible. I do hope I get to make it this year.
                                        Do you and your buddies camp out, have an RV, or rent a motel room?

Comment

Working...
                                        X