Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a matter of interest guys, we're getting there in the late afternoon of Friday, I'm thinking, and we're staying at the Courtyard Marriot 601 S High St.
    Its going to be fun, I'm not sure about the gassers, Ryan would know better as he's been to the event before.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

I am not positive when I am going to make it. But the late Friday thing was what I was thinking as well. Friday seems to be less open flying. Anyone have a good suggestion where to stay with a trailer in tow?

Comment

Ryan was saying that there's camping right at the field, check with him, or the NEFI website

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

No I meant a good place to park at a hotel when you are towing a utility trailer, you know the airplane hauler haha. Hey Gman did you get a discount for mentioning the AMA?

Comment

We checked all this discounts and the best one was with AAA, so try that.
            I believe there wasn't one with AMA, go figure, in Muncie?

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

I got it booked at the courtyard. Plenty of parking. I am going to get there Friday get checked in. Hopefully get there early enough to head out and fly some Friday afternoon. Says demo's ends at 1300 but nothing after that? 5 hour drive according to Mr. Google map

Comment

Sounds good Ben, we'll be leaving Shawano at around 0700 and it says its an 8 hour drive from there although we'll have to go through Chicago, I'm seeing a short cut so I won't have to go through Minneapolis.
                See you there!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Tom just was saying on another thread that Motion is donating a ton of prizes for the cause at NEFI. Good for them, makes me proud. Mike and Ryan will be there, Lon, Benjack and yours truly to name a few...

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                    Tom just was saying on another thread that Motion is donating a ton of prizes for the cause at NEFI. Good for them, makes me proud. Mike and Ryan will be there, Lon, Benjack and yours truly to name a few...

Grossman56
                    I'm planning on bringing a canopy to set up for shade
                    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I wish I had the room, bringing a table though, with the topper up it can create some shade.

Hopefully the weather is nice, from what I saw in the video, when the weather wasn't too nice, there were covered areas.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

Well, since it looks like an insanely busy week for me next week, I thought I'd best get everything organized today. Got the airplanes all wrapped up and tried everything in the truck, it just fits!! So, now everything is waiting in the garage for next Friday to be loaded up, then Saturday we're on our way. Get to Fargo the first night and then on to Shawano the next day. Four days there and then on to Muncie. I'm so excited about this trip!!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Sounds good Ben, we'll be leaving Shawano at around 0700 and it says its an 8 hour drive from there although we'll have to go through Chicago, I'm seeing a short cut so I won't have to go through Minneapolis.
                          See you there!!

Grossman56
                          Going through Chicago traffic :(. Glad I am coming from the south lol

Comment

I got some serious building to get done still yet. But I should have at least three planes ready.

Comment

Yeah, I'm fearing for my life! I'd take my gun but then I'd have to use it LOL!
                              By the way, we'll be real easy to recognize, we both have the new Motion R/C ball caps and I have the Pilot Ryan leather jacket and the beard, we're twins in case you didn't know
                              LOL!

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

Well, Diane found a way that we don't have to go through Indianapolis or Chicago, so that's good news.
                                Here's a pic of everything in the garage waiting to get loaded up on Friday night, minus the ladder and lawn spreader of course
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Well, I'm officially on VACATION!
                                  Loading up tonight and off tomorrow morning for Shawano Wisconsin. Will be stopping in Fargo N Dakota on the first night then on to Shawano the next day. Start my course on Monday and finish on Thursday, then up Friday morning and off to Muncie! Wow what an awesome trip this is going to be.

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

Hey guys:
                                    Plans are coming together, Ryan checked in with AMA HQ and the NEFI (National Electric Fly In) event is happening right when I'll be back there! All are invited for the First (dare I say Annual!) Motion R/C-Hobbysquawk get together.
                                    We have a date and a cool event, now we just need to know who's coming!?
                                    Hopefully, Ryan will chime in on more details about the event. Possibly a day there and a day down at Southbend to drill some holes in the sky.
                                    It's going to be great !

Grossman56
                                    You would go North to South Bend, South to North Vernon and French Lick is in the middle.

Comment

Working...
                                    X