X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds over Grapevine- Airshow & Fundraiser Oct 2nd Grapevine, Texas

The 114th RC Aero squadron is hosting " Warbirds over Grapevine" on Sunday, October 2nd. Pilot's briefing @ 8:45 AM Event runs 9:00 AM- 2PM ish

We always have a wide array of Warbirds at our events including giant scale gas to smaller electric. Our field is also conducive to edf's.

This is an AMA sanctioned event with all proceeds going to Snowball Express.

Snowball Express is a 4 star rated charity serving the children of our fallen heroes since 9/11. A truly great organization who's main goal is to put a smile back on the faces of these kids and surviving spouses.

Several kids and their parent will be in attendance and we have some fun things planned for them. We'll have a home built sim where we'll place a child inside and they will wear FPV goggles.

For pilots, the $25.00 landing fee includes a lunch like no other you've ever had. Our chef Dave is renown in North Texas

There is a raffle with exceptional RC and non-RC related prizes. $1.00 per ticket or $20.00 for a" stretch" - the longer your arms the better for you.

Tee-shirts( $20.00) and Polos ($30.00) are available for sale.

GPS coordinates: N 32 58.960 W 97 07.352

Check out our home page: http://114thrc.org/2016WarbirdsoverGrapevine.asp

If you can't make it but still would like to make a donation, there's also a secure Paypal link.

Thanks for supporting the kids ! See you on October 2nd

- Dave
    dasdh@msn.com
    Attached Files
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Thanks Dave, will definitely try to make it to the event!

Comment

I am planning on being there as well. Hope to meet everyone there tomorrow!

Comment

Hey there Mike, it was great to meet you at the "Warbirds over Grapevine" event last Sunday. You have a beautiful bird in the P-38. Also really enjoyed seeing your chopper. Really, really, cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
          Hey there Mike, it was great to meet you at the "Warbirds over Grapevine" event last Sunday. You have a beautiful bird in the P-38. Also really enjoyed seeing your chopper. Really, really, cool!

https://youtu.be/h-FMiZpejkM
          Thanks, it was great to meet you as well! Thanks for posting the video as well. Hope to see you again at some of the RC events around Dallas.

Comment

Looked like a really great event!

Comment

Nice, but didn't shoot the gap! :P

Comment

Great event and great video guys, always nice when two Squawkers get together!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

Here's another video from that same event. A big P-47!

Comment

Great vid Skywolf, so nice to remember what flying weather looks like!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Yes, I know what you mean. I've lived in places that actually have full seasons. But here in Texas, we have short bursts of winter, but mostly good weather. Just over a week ago we were at a high of 23 degrees. But 2 days ago was around 80, and yesterday low 70's...in December!

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Same to you my friend!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Almost makes me want to move back to Denton Tx where I could fly year around. I get in about 7 months of flying, at best in Santa Fe. Doc

Comment

My buddy Joel and I are looking forward to next year's event. :) Also the float fly

Comment

Working...
                            X