X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEFI 2017!!!

Well, it's only 4 1/2 months to NEFI, so all you guys who missed out on it last year, start planning! There are campsites just to the rear of the flying field if we have the same one as last year, Ryan,is it always the same space?
    It's just an awesome time, and you'll think of the guys you get to meet in a whole different way now that you know them personally. In a great way I mean, just to clarify.
    Hopefully, all the guys from last year can make it again, as well as a bunch of new faces, it's a Squawk get together for a worthy cause. Poor Jay won't know what to think this year!!!
    June 16th -18th

See you there!!!!

Grossman
    Team Gross!

I will be there! Going to start a list so I wont forget anything! Are there any good hotels nearby?

Nick

Comment

Hey MB, we stayed at the Courtyard Marriot, pretty sweet for the price, Starbucks on the main floor as well.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

DO NOT use the Red Carpet Inn & Suites. It's a flop house and half the facility has broken windows and has been let run down to shambles. It's advertised as No-frills budget hotel with basic rooms & suites, plus free Wi-Fi & continental breakfast whereas I say less than that along with no Wi-Fi and no continental.
        My sweetie has given the go ahead for a 26' toy hauler/camper(has an 8x12 garage) and hopefully that will be my hangar this year instead of the 7x12 trailer and I won't have to leave the AMA site to head back to the hotel and miss out on the evening flying.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I stayed at the Days Inn Muncie last year for NEFI2016. It was ok, nothing fancy. Worked for me, will probably stay there again, if I don't end up camping at the flying field itself.
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Seriously thinking about trying to make the trip. Boy what a Father's day that could be.

Comment

That was the thing about being there. You just didn't want to leave. Captain Mike and is wife, Val, camped right by the flight line so all the airplanes were safe, and the camping area is maybe a hundred yards back behind it. I figure that this way,if don't have to drag Diane up at the break of dawn to get to the field, just up and a quick walk and I'm there. I'm planning to get there Thursday night so I'll have all of the event to fly and experience.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

What are the facilities like at the field if camping is available? Are there showers for example?

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                  What are the facilities like at the field if camping is available? Are there showers for example?
                  Full shower/toilet facility about 100 yards behind the flight line where the bigger RV's park
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Full shower/toilet facility about 100 yards behind the flight line where the bigger RV's park
                    This place is RC Heaven. We always provide a ton of goodies for the fund raising raffle that goes on as well. I really like how close knit it is. I see many of the same people every year. Last year it became a Motion RC get together due to Grossman who got everyone fired up.Funny how it worked out actually.

Comment

This sounds awesome. I will know better as the date approaches if I can get away for a few days or not but I am sure going to try. I would love to make it. Grossman already seems to be fanning the flames early this year. ;)

Comment

And Dan is the one who traveled the farthest to boot by humping it 1500 miles and I was actually apprehensive initially about making my 600 mile trek. :Straight-Face: (those are one-way miles for both)
                        After the fun I had over the 4 days last year it is not going to be a trek but just another great adventure for this year and If the toy hauler that my sweetie ok'd comes to fruition am looking to spend at least a week there.
                        No excuses RCjd, 4+ months is plenty enough time to inform both bosses and make it happen. :eek:
                        Besides, why would you want to miss out meeting Pilot Ryan and Capt'n Mike in person?? They both are really great guys !!
                        And not to forget about being on AMA HQ grounds, the museum is an awesome explore too.
                        Hope another 'Squawker' can make it !!!
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Thanks WC. All excellent enticements for sure. Looks like 450 miles for me. I don't mind camping out and can travel light. I would just love the opportunity to fly and meet fellow Squwker's in person.

Comment

Hey guys, sitting here and looking at all the snow (we got anther blast yesterday). Sun's out today and I'm hoping against hope that this is the FINAL snow fall for the year (wishful thinking)
                            The only thing that gets me charged, looking forward to, is the thought of hitting the long and winding road that leads to Nefi. (To heck with Paul McCartney's girl friend!!)
                            Had to pay the big price of promising the wife that we'd go somewhere else next year, so......be there!!!!
                            So now I'm at the point of, "What am I going to take!?"
                            The Bearcat and the Tigercat (just waiting for my credit to go through, then I pull the trigger, hopefully next Friday) for sure, so I have room for possibly one or two more. I'm thinking of Shangrila as she's likely to be the only P-51B there and also Old Crow with her 650kv motor or possibly My Little Gal II with her 650kv if I have it installed by then. HMMMM, decisions, decisions............

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

When I think of Wyoming all that comes to mind is snow...sorry. :Silly: I am making plans to get to NEFI this year. Hopefully it will work out.

Comment

This year you are absolutely correct:Cold:!
                                But when the weather finally changes:Rainbow:,it's going to be beautiful again!!:Sun: Nice and green. We're about an hour out of Yellowstone, so if you think of a dust bowl, you would be what we like to call WRONG!
                                It's the dang winds most of the time!!:Crying2:
                                But when it all comes together...........
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-aeroplane-image-0153.gif
Views:	172
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	60744
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Yellowstone! You are in a beautiful part of the country. My perspective just improved... :Cool:Which will be better on June 16-18 though? Cody or Muncie?

Comment

From what I observed, about the same. Sunny and windy!
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

The weather is finally warming up!! Got to get in some flying between now and Nefi. Should have the Tigercat by the end of April and plan on hauling it to Muncie along with the Bearcat, Shangrila and My Little Gal II with her new power system (650 kv/85A ESC)

Click image for larger version

Name:	0430.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	61925Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8927.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	61926Click image for larger version

Name:	Cowley Fly In Day 2 153.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	61927Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7162.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	61928

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Good to hear you might get a chance to fly soon. I am going out tomorrow. Supposed to be mid 60's here. I haven't been able to fly in over two weeks now. Not even indoor. I am planning to make it to NEFI this year if all goes well. Never been before but I think it would be a blast. Making a list of what to bring/get as I need to replenish some of my camping equipment. As for planes I hope to bring my Mig-21, F-86 an A-10 and something else... still undecided.

Comment

Working...
                                        X