Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read the post :Silly:boy, just don't get glazed eyes lookin at the pic like a young-un who just found his first Play Boy mag. LOL
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Thursday, I was thinking,"Next week this time, me and you and a runway, at Nefi. Time for me to fly!! (REO Speed Wagon)
      Threw my acoustic in the trailer as well, I haven't played for a few months now, so bear with me, usually I'm grabbing the Strat or the Vandenburg if I do.

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Bringing my Fender Cali acoustic too
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I've got a slim line Yamaha with a cut away. Great guitar with a built in tuner, pickup and eq.
          Played my last gig with her. A lot of complicated music for a church show, none of it I can remember, but I did Sound of Silence as a duet and did the Paul Simon live acoustic beginning solo, went over big. That was about six years ago and really haven't played that much since.
          Amazing how some songs don't leave you though. I can still pick the dang thing up and play Stairway like I played it yesterday.

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Everything is packed up as I'm officially on VACATION !:Hug:
            Taking off early tomorrow morning, I'm hoping that there's wifi at the campsites, but if not, this could be Grossman56 signing off until our return. Now you all be good little Squawkers 'til I get back now, hear!!

CB,Lon, Mad Baron, Steve, Mike and Ryan and all the others who are coming this year, SEE YA THERE!!!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-aeroplane-image-0153.gif
Views:	206
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	80438Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-aeroplane-image-0043.gif
Views:	202
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	80439Click image for larger version

Name:	animated-aeroplane-image-0147.gif
Views:	179
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	80440

Grossman56
            Drive safe and have a good trip. See you on Thursday.

Comment

• Well, we're on our way!!
              Took off from Cody at 0624 and got to Cheyenne at 1400, just over 400 miles. Plan on spending tomorrow to see the sights since we haven't been down to the southern end of the state before. Everyone survived the first day on the road so, so far so good. Since we have internet at the campsite, I'll check in tomorrow on the sites in Cheyenne.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                Is there a secure place to store the planes overnight at NEFI? I am staying at a motel and don't want to take the planes apart every night.
                I think it would be pretty safe assuming they are not calling for storms or high winds. What I have done in the past at Rend Lake is lower my shelter all the way down to protect them from the dew and make sure my shelter is staked down good.

Comment

• Well, we made good time today and are now in Waco, Nebraska, beautiful, simply beautiful. I was expecting more of a desert type terrain instead of these rolling green hills, give me a home where the buffalo roam......
                  Cheyenne was great, but it was Sunday so most things were closed unfortunately, we toured the one museum in the old railroad terminal which was great. Anyone who is a Hell on Wheels fan can relate to Cheyenne's history and the railroads history in general. Kind of sad to think that passenger trains are now pretty well a thing of the past, would still be a great way to see this country, beats 30,000 feet.
                  So, a quick stop here and then we're off to Davenport Iowa tomorrow. Each stretch is about 400 miles so, we leave around 6:00 to 6:30 and arrive somewhere around 2:00 PM.
                  Two days til Nefi!! CB should be kicking off the party bey arriving tomorrow afternoon and holding all the campsites for ransom;) and we'll be there sometime Wednesday afternoon.

Can't wait!!

Grossman56 and Mrs Grossman, on the road to Nefi
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm registered, I've got hotel reservations and should arrive around noon Friday. I am bringing 3 planes that have never flown and a lawn chair! The weather forecast sucks! If it's raining is there a shelter at the field, where I can still absorb knowledge :Silly:or will I be sitting in my car? :Rainning:

Comment

• I'm registered, I've got hotel reservations and should arrive around noon Friday. I am bringing 3 planes that have never flown and a lawn chair! The weather forecast sucks! If it's raining is there a shelter at the field, where I can still absorb knowledge :Silly:,
                      admire all of your planes:Drooling:,
                      or will I be sitting in my car? :Rainning::Crying::Angry:

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
                        I'm registered, I've got hotel reservations and should arrive around noon Friday. I am bringing 3 planes that have never flown and a lawn chair! The weather forecast sucks! If it's raining is there a shelter at the field, where I can still absorb knowledge :Silly:,
                        admire all of your planes:Drooling:,
                        or will I be sitting in my car? :Rainning::Crying::Angry:
                        Friday is looking decent...

Comment

• I lived in Indiana for 18 years so like many places wait a few minutes and the weather will change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post
                            I lived in Indiana for 18 years so like many places wait a few minutes and the weather will change.
                            Is there a covered facility?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

Is there a covered facility?
                              Yes there is. You can see in this video from last year, they setup quite a bit of canopy area.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• yes, there are big tents and a lot of us bring ours as well, don't worry, we'll fit you in;)
                                Heard from OV-10 while on the road this morning and he's on his way, should be getting there pretty soon. (Wednesday) We're currently in Davenport Iowa at the Interstate Campgrounds, we'll be pushing off around 6:30 tomorrow for Muncie, hoping to arrive around 1400.
                                So let the fun begin my friends. And it would kind of suck if I've driven 1300+ miles to sample some of Indiana's poorest weather!! It's been up in the high 80's low 90's all day, we have the A/C on in the trailer,so nice!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

• You bet, one way or another you'll come away a wiser, more experienced pilot, nothing like hanging with the boys real time!! Off bright and early tomorrow, should be there by 1400.
                                  Now, as stated before, I'm not sure if there is any wifi connection, but if not, as soon as I get connected, I'll post a bunch of pic's so you all can wish you could have been there!
                                  Just like last year !:Angry:
                                  So, stay tuned

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Getting ready to load the van. Here is my transport rig. They get to ride in air conditioned comfort with me. :) Renting a trailer tomorrow.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170613_170922.jpg Views:	1 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	81188

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170613_170935.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	81189

And here they are in the van nice & comfy.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170613_182512.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	81217

Comment

• CB's there by now and about ready to break in the field for us! First flight at Nefi 2017, gentlemen, start your engines!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a shot of the tents. This type of 'tent' but a fair amount of them Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8158.JPG Views:	1 Size:	93.1 KB ID:	81202
                                        and here's the one we have to duplicate this year with everyone in it once again. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8366.JPG Views:	1 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	81203
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• hey guys send some pictures we would all love to see them thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X