Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEFI 2017!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    I made it home at 9:15 last night. Boots, you changed your Avatar... When I left NEFI, Charlie and Dan were still there. I hope they get home safely.
    I still can't figure out how to get the wrecked Corsair picture for my avatar. Here is what I want to use :Angry::

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

I still can't figure out how to get the wrecked Corsair picture for my avatar. Here is what I want to use :Angry::
      You will have to use a picture editing software to resize it to the 125 by 125 pixel max. allowed and then it will work.

Comment

You will have to use a picture editing software to resize it to the 125 by 125 pixel max. allowed and then it will work.
        You are talking over my head, as usual, Steve!:Straight-Face:LOL:Straight-Face:

Comment

• Do you have the picture on a PC? If so can you open it in Microsoft Picture Viewer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post

Yes and I'm still MAD they did not finish the series (Hell On Wheels). Or did they as I haven't checked in awhile?
            Net Flicks Wayne.

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Okay, you guys, my wife , Diane, took over a thousand pics and every freaking one is a keeper, gotta give her credit. Currently we're in Nebraska on our way home. Will hit Cheyenne tomorrow and then Cody the next day, home sometime Friday afternoon. Don't let me ever hear anyone complain about a long drive to fly somewhere:Silly:
              So here are some teasers and you can get an idea of what you either missed or remember.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 1035.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	82240Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	82241Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 287.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	82242Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 334.JPG
Views:	191
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	82243Click image for larger version

Name:	Nefi 2017 1013.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	82244
              Team Gross!

Comment

You are talking over my head, as usual, Steve!:Straight-Face:LOL:Straight-Face:
                Boots, looks like you got your avatar sorted out. :Cool:Way to go.

Comment

• Left Muncie Tues morn and put the 650 return miles behind me and I got home safe and tired that evening. :Whew:
                  Keep putting those 1000+ pics on here Dan so we all can see the eye candy of NEFI. :Cool:
                  (Any pics of the P-40B going unlimited verticle ??)
                  Even though I was very active there, I felt like a one eyed cat watching two mouse holes. LOL

Thanx pilot Ryan for being my wing man ;)with the Tiger :), A-10 :Cool:and Razor :P(the tongue is out cause there IS a story......AWESOME)
                  Thanx Cap'n Mike for doing the video on my Tiger.
                  RCjetdude (Steve) and BootsWhirlygig(Bob) are great folk and I am glad to call both of ya my new found long distance RC buds.
                  Lon.......you had Gman and I worried when you didn't show but have seen your recent posts which lets me know that your still kickin
                  Next big event for me is the "Festival of Giants" in August and the "NEAT FAIR" in Sept.
                  Now back to the Squawk
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Nefi is the most fun I've had with my clothes on. The AMA compound is an r/c flyers heaven on earth! Having not flown in 30 years, I was doing touch and goes on Sunday! This would not have been possible if not for the positive vibe and the sharing of knowledge from folks like Dan and Diane Grossman, Warbird Charlie, rcjetdude Steve, pilot Ryan and captain Mike, to name just a few.

Comment

• I plan to go next year, I had to go to a dang wedding or I would have come up with Steve.
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                        Left Muncie Tues morn and put the 650 return miles behind me and I got home safe and tired that evening. :Whew:
                        Keep putting those 1000+ pics on here Dan so we all can see the eye candy of NEFI. :Cool:
                        (Any pics of the P-40B going unlimited verticle ??)
                        Even though I was very active there, I felt like a one eyed cat watching two mouse holes. LOL

Thanx pilot Ryan for being my wing man ;)with the Tiger :), A-10 :Cool:and Razor :P(the tongue is out cause there IS a story......AWSOME)
                        Thanx Cap'n Mike for doing the video on my Tiger.
                        RCjetdude (Steve) and BootsWhirlygig(Bob) are great folk and I am glad to call both of ya my new found long distance RC buds.
                        Lon.......you had Gman and I worried when you didn't show but have seen your recent posts which lets me know that your still kickin
                        Next big event for me is the "Festival of Giants" in August and the "NEAT FAIR" in Sept.
                        Now back to the Squawk
                        Good to hear you made it home safely Charlie. You were the last person I waved bye to as I left. Now we just need Dan to get home safely and all will be good.

Comment

Nefi is the most fun I've had with my clothes on. The AMA compound is an r/c flyers heaven on earth! Having not flown in 30 years, I was doing touch and goes on Sunday! This would not have been possible if not for the positive vibe and the sharing of knowledge from folks like Dan and Diana Grossman, Warbird Charlie, rcjetdude Steve, pilot Ryan and captain Mike, to name just a few.
                          Boots, any news on your Opterra?

Comment

Boots, any news on your Opterra?
                            LOLYeah, MRC sent notification it's been shipped, along with a light kit! If I do hear from AMA Muncie on the one that got away, I might donate it to them!!:)

Comment

• :(No group pic this year
                              Cap'n Kevin Frasier was here again doing vids. He is not a Squawker unfortunately.
                              Here's one of his vids that was posted on the 1600 Spitfire thread (now gone??) which show cased Pilot Ryan's maiden.(starts approx. 13:30 mark)

Also contains my A-10 and P-47 maidens and another incident free flight of Gmans LaPatrona
                              Warbird Charlie
                              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Just want to say that on behalf of Myself my brother Brad and my Dad bill, we want to send a firm thanks for making this years NEFI an excellent time. We enjoyed the fellowship and good flying. Was glad to meet each of you and fly with you and look forward to next year!
                                Fair Winds and Following Skys.
                                The Rehm boys.

Comment

• The only thing that wasn't cool at Nefi this year was the weather!
                                  Made it safe to Windy Wyoming and are here in Cheyenne. dang wind started peeling the lower fenders off my trailer at the tip out. Duct tape and a screw driver should get me going again. Home tomorrow thank God.
                                  I believe we were the first to leave and the last to get home, making Nefi 2017 officially over!!
                                  A good time had by all, but if things keep going like this, I'm nick naming it the great hangar clean out!
                                  P-40 and the Bearcat, complete rebuilds, some surgery on the Avanti as well should put me back at full force.
                                  The Bearcat would have been the only one there and for the record she flew great on Thursday when we first got there, then the monsoon hit and she got wet, as near as I can tell, the gyro got wet and went crazy. Oh well, live and learn. Now the Avanti was having some trouble with the nose heel anyway and I tried a simple repair on her which got a few flights in, but I really need to split the fuse and repair the plastic base that the gear connects to.
                                  But man what a great plane to fly!!
                                  Got a few of the three Tigercats in the air although I'm not used to formation flights and kept my distance. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	82452Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0127.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	82453 Ryan and CB decided to formate with the P-47's. Ryans was sliced in three and totaled, CB's broke a blade off that big Skyraider prop and the motor mount came loose. He bellied her in and not a scratch on the belly, same with his P-40, lost power, bellied in, removed the drop tank. Took her back to the runway, dropped the gear, tested the motor and took off again!! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0374.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	82454
                                  Ryan with the new Arctic camo F-16 70 mm. About the size of the Avanti and runs 4s, see Ryan's video flying Boots Whirlygig's plane. the beauty of this plane iss that you can upgrade to 6s,

Anyway, now that I've teased you some more, I'll call it quits ' til we get home, then I can get down to business on the pics.
                                  Maybe I can sell some to Motion R/C

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Pics!!

Name:	IMG_0021.JPG
Views:	343
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	82949Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0022.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	82950Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0023.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	82951Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0024.JPG
Views:	321
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	82952Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.JPG
Views:	307
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	82953Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0050.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	238.8 KB
ID:	82954Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	82955Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0052.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	82956Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0053.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	82957Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0056.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	82958Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0057.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	82959Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0058.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	82960Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0059.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	82961Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	82962
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0070.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	82965Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	82966Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0087.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	82967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0091.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	82968Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0095.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	82969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	82970Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0098.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	82971Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	82972Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0105.JPG
Views:	314
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	82973 more pics
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• more pics

Name:	IMG_0106.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	82975Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0107.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	82976Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	82977Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0109.JPG
Views:	356
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	82978Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG
Views:	274
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	82979Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	82980Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	82981Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0115.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	82982Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	82983Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0126.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	82984
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice pictures GM. Do you know what caused the loss of the P-38?

Comment

Working...
                                          X