X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie, I'd get shot!!
    Besides, the last thing I want the wife cuddling up to is one of my planes, might warp the wings or something:Silly:
    Thanks Lon, planning a three day trip there. First stop, Cheyenne, Wyoming, second, somewhere along the route in Iowa and then to Muncie. I want fairly easy days so was curious as to how far into Iowa I could go to make the third day an easy one. Sounds like somewhere at the Iowa Illinois border will work, back to the Good Sam book, thanks!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Now there are four OFWA members with Lon coming!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
        Now there are four OFWA members with Lon coming!!

Grossman56
        :Thinking::Confused:
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I think I know what OFWA means. Is there typically a fee to fly/camp for NEFI?

Comment

Look back a couple of pages....

Old Farts With Airplanes!

The new club;)
            Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

There is a small fee, it depends on whether you want hook ups or just tent camping
              Team Gross!

Comment

Gman.......You bringing the Pitts? If so I'll have to make an exception to the Twins line up of warbirds and bring the yellow one that you missed under the table :Cool:
                What's your guess? ? ? :P
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well, the trouble with the Pitts is that she doesn't break down, so she hogs the truck box, so she'll be staying home this year. Final choice of planes boils down to this.
                  The Tigercat, the Bearcat, FMS P-51B, P-40B, P-51D My Little Gal II, and the Avanti. That's six which should be awesome. Just got MLG converted to the 650/85A ESC, so she's no slow poke any longer. Bringing the B, just because there wasn't one there last year. The Grummans because they're new and that 650kv and Corsair prop is just so awesome looking. Hoping for the weekend weather to try them out!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

The queen bed in the trailer is large enough to carry the Pitts there and once there ya just let it store under your awning or one of the event tents. ;)
                    Warbird Charlie

Comment

Well, the trouble with the Pitts is that she doesn't break down, so she hogs the truck box, so she'll be staying home this year. Final choice of planes boils down to this.
                      The Tigercat, the Bearcat, FMS P-51B, P-40B, P-51D My Little Gal II, and the Avanti. That's six which should be awesome. Just got MLG converted to the 650/85A ESC, so she's no slow poke any longer. Bringing the B, just because there wasn't one there last year. The Grummans because they're new and that 650kv and Corsair prop is just so awesome looking. Hoping for the weekend weather to try them out!!

Grossman56
                      You got the Tigercat?? Nice!!
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I thought of storing it under the bed, but it's divided and whatever I put in there would have to have the wings removed.
                        'Cat is coming with the next shipment, which, hopefully will be soon. I might be one of those guys who has two planes land on his doorstep at the same time. I'm hoping its sooner than later as I want to get the paint work done to her. Have everything here, paint, pearl clear coat and decals along with the Krylon Foam Primer, now I just need the danged plane!!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

I too hope to make it this year! I started the "Get together" conversation last year and it was decided to meet up there. I thought for sure I'd be able to make it, but ended up on a cruise with my family.

This year the dates seem to be working out, and I hope to make it up there this time. If I do get to make it I'm bringing the new "Baby", the Hawg...if they ever provide a "Pre-Order" button and that ship arrives. It's so big that it may not leave much room in the van. May have to rent a U-Haul. Kind of far from Texas to be pulling a trailer though. We'll see!

Hopefully will see everyone soon!

Comment

Sounds good Skywolf, it was too bad about the timing last year, but it would be great to see you this year!

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                              I too hope to make it this year! I started the "Get together" conversation last year and it was decided to meet up there. I thought for sure I'd be able to make it, but ended up on a cruise with my family.

This year the dates seem to be working out, and I hope to make it up there this time. If I do get to make it I'm bringing the new "Baby", the Hawg...if they ever provide a "Pre-Order" button and that ship arrives. It's so big that it may not leave much room in the van. May have to rent a U-Haul. Kind of far from Texas to be pulling a trailer though. We'll see!

Hopefully will see everyone soon!
                              Look forward to seeing ya there. No worries on haulin a trailer from TX. I pulled a 7x12 enclosed trailer that had 13 birds in it from upstate NY last year.
                              This year am coming with a 26' toyhauler trailer(hangar/bunkhouse) with about a dozen this year........primarily my fleet of multi-engined. :Cool:
                              Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Look forward to seeing ya there. No worries on haulin a trailer from TX. I pulled a 7x12 enclosed trailer that had 13 birds in it from upstate NY last year.
                                This year am coming with a 26' toyhauler(hangar/bunkhouse) with about a dozen this year........primarily my fleet of multi-engined. :Cool:
                                OV, you've inspired me! Definitely going to look into it if the timing works out this year. I really want to get there this time. We'll be just returning from vacation a few days before, so hopefully the Mrs. is understanding that it's time for some "Boy Time".

Comment

Sounds good Skywolf, it was too bad about the timing last year, but it would be great to see you this year!

Grossman56
                                  Yeah, it was unfortunate timing, but my family appreciated the incredible vacation. When we were all talking about it here on the forum and the agreeable dates posted, I looked at the calendar and thought, "Oh No", it's the same week as our cruise". I was so torn!

Anyway, hope it works out this time. I saw plenty of videos opfrom th event last year. Looked like loads of great fellowship and fun!

If anyone cares to see, here are a couple of the videos of the fun time we had on vacation at that same time. The first one has been a hit worldworld. Hmmm, I wonder why?

Comment

http://www.modelaircraft.org/shopama...x?s=nefi&d=
                                    Here's the link for pilot registration for Nefi 2017, guys, we're on our way!!!!

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

I'm registered!! Come on guys, the party is about to begin!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

I really start looking forward to this even more once it starts getting nice out. I may be splitting my time between this and Jet Jam. Not completely sure yet. I do know I'll spend more time in Muncie though, especially since it's my hometown. Getting excited!

Ive been going to this since it started. Really glad it's become a gathering for us Squawkers...

Comment

And don't forget Squawker's Day the day after Nefi!!

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X