Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm registered. Who's next?

Comment

Lets aim for a least 20 guys, Post when you register!!!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I don't pre-reg because it takes away the fun & comradery of meeting up with the AMA hosts when I get there and you can bet that I'll be there.;)
        (Got too much invested in the toyhauler not to be there :Smug:)
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Yep, I hear you there, sending the trailer off to get dewinterized on Saturday, another step closer............
          So, far, I know that I'm going, Charlie's going, Lon's going, Jet Dude is going, Ryan's going, Mike' s going (?), that's 6, anyone else??

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Ben won't be coming this year. Confirmed that with him here:

He was fun and I'll miss him.
            Never heard a peep from Kevin Frazier, wondering if he'll show. Must not be a forum person. He got a lot of video last year.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
              Ben won't be coming this year. Confirmed that with him here:

He was fun and I'll miss him.
              Never heard a peep from Kevin Frazier, wondering if he'll show. Must not be a forum person. He got a lot of video last year.
              I chatted with Kevin 3 weeks ago. He talked like he was going to NEFI 17.
              Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
              Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Great to hear, Kevin's a cool guy!
                Too bad about Ben, he was a great guy to hang with as well. But you got to do what you gotta do.
                I notice that Captain Mike's not a real forum guy as well, but I sure had a good time with him last year. And our wives really hit it off too!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

My vacation plans have changed again this year. I really thought I'd have enough leeway to get there. May still try, but it'll be tough. I return from vacation on 6/11. So I'd turn right back around and head to Windiana from Texas, just 2-3 days later.

Will see how I feel after the long travel time with the family. I'm hoping to have an A-10 by then, ready to rip up the skies!

Comment

I set up my new tent last weekend to make sure I could account for all the pieces and understood how to do it. Installed a tow hitch on my new van and made a shelf to fit in it so everything is level with the back seat removed (it's a mobility van with the lowered floor). Lots of space for carrying planes now. I plan to rent a small trailer to haul the rest of my gear in. I also tried out my new generator, 24V power supply and charger. Worked great! If all goes well I am planning to bring my Mig-21, F-86, Stinger 90, 1700mm Corsair, E-Flight Spitfire and hopefully the A-10. Starting to get excited about it.

Comment

1700 F4U.............NICE :) No gull wings there last year except for my 1400 Olathe. Indecisive on whether it gets to go this year, on second thought since I stuffed the P-40B motor in it this winter it'll have to come ;)
                      Warbird Charlie

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                        My vacation plans have changed again this year. I really thought I'd have enough leeway to get there. May still try, but it'll be tough. I return from vacation on 6/11. So I'd turn right back around and head to Windiana from Texas, just 2-3 days later.

Will see how I feel after the long travel time with the family. I'm hoping to have an A-10 by then, ready to rip up the skies!
                        No excuses now Wolf..............back in the day I could have a whole squadrons worth of equipment transported from the base to the carrier in a 2-3 day turnaround.
                        Besides, you'll just have finished family time with the Mrs. and there should be total understanding to your "Boy Time" need as you indicated earlier. ;)
                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Don't forget Kevin had his RedBull 1400mm FMS Corsair. Capt. Mike and his wife are coming again. They will be camping out.
                          Sky Wolf, BRING IT!!! LOL, but seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                            Don't forget Kevin had his RedBull 1400mm FMS Corsair. Capt. Mike and his wife are coming again. They will be camping out.
                            Sky Wolf, BRING IT!!! LOL, but seriously...
                            I really do want to get there. I've been wanting to meet everyone for the longest time. And this is a really good reason to do it! Will do my best...Scout's honor:Goodbye:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No excuses now Wolf..............back in the day I could have a whole squadrons worth of equipment transported from the base to the carrier in a 2-3 day turnaround.
                              Besides, you'll just have finished family time with the Mrs. and there should be total understanding to your "Boy Time" need as you indicated earlier. ;)
                              OV, you're right my friend! May have to suck down a few Red Bulls and pull out the "Man Card" with the Mrs. I'll let you know who wins later! :Sweating:

Comment

Is Kevin coming again this year?
                                For all the fence sitters out there, here's a little reminder of all the fun we had last year!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8063.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	69909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8056 (2).JPG
Views:	246
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	69910Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8140.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	69911Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8141.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	69912Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8201.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	69913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8236.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	69914Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8248.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	69915
                                So if you can make it, don't miss out on all the good times to be had.
                                For most of us it was our maiden year, this year we know what to expect!!

Grossman56
                                Team Gross!

Comment

Well I cant wait to go to NEFI this year I plan on bringing my Bearcat, Mossie, Pandora, & the B-17 I may not have the room in my Ranger to bring all 4 planes but going to try!

Comment

Trying to work out the details.
                                    1. Gotta get the van repaired, inspected, and road worthy. Bought a "really used van" a couple of years ago just the plans. But it's only been driven in town back and forth to the fields. (15 hour drive from Irving, Tx)
                                    2. Figure out a plan for being away from my business that long after being away on vacation for the week before.
                                    3. Work on repairs for the planes I want to bring. Didn't get the chance to do winter repairs.
                                    4. Get the van lights hooked up for a U-Haul trailer rental.
                                    5. Sounds like I may need a new van LOL

Comment

Okay boys, we're officially at the two month mark today as its April 16!!
                                      Get your planes ready and your trucks tuned up, the count down has begun!!!!

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Hotel room reservations: Check/done

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I did a trial run yesterday. Rented a small uhaul trailer and pulled it up to Tennessee to do some flying with TIGRB. I had 8 planes in my minivan and the rest of my gear in the trailer. Everything worked good. I just hope to get my A-10 in time to bring it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X