X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
    I did a trial run yesterday. Rented a small uhaul trailer and pulled it up to Tennessee to do some flying with TIGRB. I had 8 planes in my minivan and the rest of my gear in the trailer. Everything worked good. I just hope to get my A-10 in time to bring it.
    Most excellent Dude..........I too am really planning on that Warthog coming along with me to NEFI. ;)
    You guys don't wanna see an old retired biker walking around with a grumpy face on. :(
    That would only be temporary though because I'll have a :Poo:load of others to buzz the flight line with looking for targets. LOL
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Well guys, I'm sending my apologies early. We had to move our Florida vacation to the week of June 11-18th because my son's Kennedy Space Camp is that week. This will be a lifetime of joy for my 6, soon to be 7 year old. He's so excited about it, and I'm ecstatic for him.

Maybe I can talk someone into a FaceTime session so it'll feel like I'm there for about 5 minutes.

Sorry guys!!!

Comment

• Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. Besides, your son comes first. They're only young once.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Cool idea though, I wonder, does anyone have the ability to Skype (or something similar ) right from the field live??

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Cool idea though, I wonder, does anyone have the ability to Skype (or something similar ) right from the field live??

Grossman56
            Anyone who has an iPhone can Face Time with me. I'll see if I can be at the field where Rich (Rc Informer) flies from during the video session.

Anyone game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Anyone who has an iPhone can Face Time with me. I'll see if I can be at the field where Rich (Rc Informer) flies from during the video session.

Anyone game?
              I've got an Android device. Don't know much about all that.

Comment

• Is that Anthony ?

Make sure to go to the Valiant Air Command in Titusville. Minutes from KSC. Not far off of 95. Great museum. Very friendly . Nice gift shop too. Lots of jets A7, F8,F4, A6E, F11,F14,F/A18, Buckeye, F9F, F5 C47, B-25, Etc. They gottem all. You won't be disappointed: https://www.valiantaircommand.com/

Dave(114thrc aersquadron)
                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                  Is that Anthony ?

Make sure to go to the Valiant Air Command in Titusville. Minutes from KSC. Not far off of 95. Great museum. Very friendly . Nice gift shop too. Lots of jets A7, F8,F4, A6E, F11,F14,F/A18, Buckeye, F9F, F5 C47, B-25, Etc. They gottem all. You won't be disappointed: https://www.valiantaircommand.com/

Dave(114thrc aersquadron)
                  Hey, what's up Dave? Yes, it's Anthony. I'll have to check that place out. I've never visited Titusville before.

Comment

• Look out Nefi, here we come........
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9622.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	72781Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9493.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	72782Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9531.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	72783Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6891.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	72784Click image for larger version

Name:	Cowley Fly In Day 2 203.JPG
Views:	264
ID:	72785
                    And of course the not-yet-arrived Avanti!!
                    I smell a party!!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• Wow! That Tiger Cat turned out great! It looks beautiful.

Comment

• Thanks Jet, a couple of small things to do yet, but basically she's finished

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Wow Grossman! That is an awe-inspiring job you did! If only I had the time to spend on projects like that. I'd love to have that scheme on mine. Fantastico!!!

Comment

• So the count down begins, 49 more days to Nefi!!
                            Now, if I could only get some decent weather so I could get the Tiger cat maidened and get some stick time on the other birds, I'd be happy, wind and rain lately so I'm hoping for the weekend and that it doesn't snow any more. The mountains are still getting it and a couple of weeks ago they were predicting the worst run off since the 60's. Flood time in ol' desert country!!
                            Everything will be green through the Summer though, which is really something around here.

Grossman56
                            Team Gross!

Comment

Look out Nefi, here we come........
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9622.JPG
Views:	260
ID:	72781Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9493.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	72782Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9531.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	72783Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6891.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	72784Click image for larger version

Name:	Cowley Fly In Day 2 203.JPG
Views:	264
ID:	72785
                              And of course the not-yet-arrived Avanti!!
                              I smell a party!!

Grossman56
                              Very nice collection of warbirds there Gman! Love the paint scheme on your F7F too. Hope you have a good time at NEFI!

Comment

• Here's a flight from last years NEFI. I'm counting the days now.Hope the A-10 shows up in time for the trip.
                                This video you will get a view from my P-38 what it looked like with Cpt Mike flying his SU-35.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Nefi will be even better the second time!!
                                  Just planning out the itinerary as I figured I better get it done and reservations in soon. Lon, we're going to hit Cheyenne, York Nebraska, then Davenport Iowa, overnight in York and Davenport with an easy drive between the two. Will hit Davenport on 06/13 sometime in the afternoon, then off to Muncie the next day. What I'm thinking though, is on the return trip, spending a day there and checking out your field! I just got to see that field since I'm so close.
                                  Think they'll allow a Wyomingite on the field??;)
                                  Still working on the return trip dates as I'd like to stay Monday and Tuesday at least in Muncie, I know CB is thinking the same.
                                  By the time I get home, the wife is going to be sick of airplanes!!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• That would be great on the return trip to see and fly at the Aerohawk Field. Let's coordinate that. I'd love to give you a tour. Here's a early evening video of a flight there in Iowa City at the Aerohawk Field.

Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Yep, sounds like a plan. How far from Davenport camp ground??
                                      The wife wants to know what the dues are at that field!?
                                      Don't know why, but if I paid dues there, it would be a good excuse to have to go!!
                                      Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

Yep, sounds like a plane. How far from Davenport camp ground??
                                        The wife wants to know what the dues are at that field!?
                                        Don't know why, but if I paid dues there, it would be a good excuse to have to go!!
                                        Grossman56
                                        It's about 45-50 minutes from the Davenport RV camp ground. No need to pay any dues to visit and fly as my guest. Would just have to coordinate times for me to meet you. FYI, our membership fee is $60 a year.
                                        Lon

Comment

• Hmmm, wondering if there's any place to park a trailer that's closer, any chance to set up at the field??

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X