Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was looking at adding the tm 1000 telemetry module as I already have a 10 Lemon receiver for her, I wonder if that's not the same telemetry system that's built into the AR 6600T.
    I agree with you that with juice guzzling jets, keeping a close eye on that fuel tank of a battery is something I would want to do.
    I have a couple of 4000 6s to run through her and will start out at three minutes to see how the tank looks.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm following your thoughts now Dan. I've got a couple of the TM 1000's. I purchased them at Horizon. At the time, MRC didn't carry them
      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Just ordered one as well, I just have a gut feeling that I should have one in this plane.
        I'm also going to keep my eyes out for a sweet deal on a 5000-5500 6s. A little more breathing room.
        Meanwhile she already to go, probably try tomorrow morning depending on the weather.

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Getting all keyed up for NEFI. My Hawg is just about done and can be maidened at any time. I plan to swing by the EDF Jet Jam on my way up just to check things out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170528_165217.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	78046

Comment

• Nice looking A-10 I remember working around these while I was stationed at Spangdalem AFB in Germany! I just ordered my extra batteries and an Flightline FW 190 for NEFI.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
              Just ordered one as well, I just have a gut feeling that I should have one in this plane.
              I'm also going to keep my eyes out for a sweet deal on a 5000-5500 6s. A little more breathing room.
              Meanwhile she already to go, probably try tomorrow morning depending on the weather.

Grossman56
              Just last weekend, the Telemetry in my F-86 saved me a battery, and maybe the plane too.....:)In all the excitement (haha) of flying, i made the mistake of setting aside an already flown battery with my stack of "charged" batteries waiting their turn to fly. Sooo, placed the battery in the 86 for a flight. Taxied to take off....all clear....zoom!! Off into the wild blue :Cool: I heard that sweet voice tell me "landing gear up"..."Flaps up" "battery 22.2 volts".... and it didn't register right away(normal after take off 24.2 or so), what she had just said as far as volts..but 30 seconds later "battery 21.3 volts" HEY!!! THAT'S NOT RIGHT I THOUGHT!! Immediatly dropped gear...flaps...brought her in and landed. Yes, close call...checked battery after landed....22%...phew:Whew:was only in the air for 40 seconds or so.
              Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• And that's exactly why I want one! Battery life with mixed throotle using a 4000 seems to be about 3.5 minutes, maybe four if I stretch it, but I'd rather know before hand just where the tank is at.
                Broke down and ordered a 5000 as well, harsh price, but it seems a necessity with these gas guzzling birds.
                Dreaming of the day when a new type Lipo gets announced that will give ma a comfortable 6-7 minutes in a jet, awww R/C Paradise!!

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• Just looked at the 15 day forecast for Muncie and it is looking good.........All 3 days - Temps in the low 80's(mid-high 60's at nite) with winds WSW 5-10 :Cool:
                  Warbird Charlie
                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Awesome! Thanks WC.

Comment

• Good news CB, the count down here has begun, six more working days until we head out!!

Can't wait to see you all again. And can't wait to see all the new birds, I didn't own three of them that I'm bringing last year, that was back when the Bearcat was a dream, how things have changed.
                      Are you bringing the JU 52 ? How unique is that??
                      BTW, do you guys have 'hog in hand' yet??

Dan
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Wow! Two weeks from now I will be at NEFI. The reality is starting to sink in...

Comment

Good news CB, the count down here has begun, six more working days until we head out!!

Can't wait to see you all again. And can't wait to see all the new birds, I didn't own three of them that I'm bringing last year, that was back when the Bearcat was a dream, how things have changed.
                          Are you bringing the JU 52 ? How unique is that??
                          BTW, do you guys have 'hog in hand' yet??

Dan
                          I'm trying to whittle the list down to the top 12 and not sure where the Aunt JU is yet in the running.
                          UPS says the hog arrives tomorrow......it damn well better is all I got to say.
                          Spent the day doing a final systems check on the Hangar-Bunkhouse, the Yamaha inverter generator that I got last week is awesome.
                          Got to get the two racks(4 birds on each) installed tomorrow for a total of ten in the Hangar (PBJ on kitchen floor and a HOG on the bed) and two on the trucks flight deck
                          I am so stoked about this year cause I won't miss any evening flying cause I won't have to leave to go back to the flop house hotel.
                          Talked with Jay today and he has no issue with me arriving a couple days early.
                          It looks like I am planning on making the 600 mile hump west on the 13th arriving around 8pm and leaving the morning of the 20th.
                          I got to spend a little more time in the museum this year since I won't be so rushed for time.
                          Did I say I was stoked:Drooling::)LOL
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

I'm trying to whittle the list down to the top 12 and not sure where the Aunt JU is yet in the running.
                            Spent the day doing a final systems check on the Hangar-Bunkhouse, the Yamaha inverter generator that I got last week is awesome.
                            Got to get the two racks(4 birds on each) installed tomorrow for a total of ten in the Hangar(PBJ on kitchen floor and a HOG on the bed) and two on the trucks flight deck
                            I am so stoked about this year cause I won't miss any evening flying cause I won't have to leave to go back to the flop house hotel.
                            It looks like I am planning on making the 600 mile hump west on the 13th arriving around 8pm and leaving the morning of the 20th.
                            I got to spend a little more time in the museum this year since I won't be so rushed for time.
                            OV- you're making me so jealous brother! I've gotta make contact with you guys somehow while you're there.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Got to get the two racks(4 birds on each) installed tomorrow for a total of ten in the Hangar (PBJ on kitchen floor and a HOG on the bed) and two on the trucks flight deck
                              I am feeling the same way. I will be there later in the day on the 15th. Looking forward to meeting you sir.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

I am feeling the same way. I will be there later in the day on the 15th. Looking forward to meeting you sir.
                                Now that TI has ID'd you Steve, I'll know who you are when I see ya and am looking forward to that meet also. Just don't call me sir LOLFlyin buds call me Warbird or CB ;)
                                Warbird Charlie

Comment

• Yes sir! I mean CB. ;)

Comment

• "Sir", that was my Dad!
                                    We're just plotting out the plane hangar aka the box of the truck and will start building tomorrow The telemetry module and a 5000 6s are somewhere out there and should hopefully arrive next week.
                                    Six birds for me which is going to be awesome, some from every era of my flying, all special birds to me.

Grossman56
                                    Team Gross!

Comment

"Sir", that was my Dad!
                                      We're just plotting out the plane hangar aka the box of the truck and will start building tomorrow The telemetry module and a 5000 6s are somewhere out there and should hopefully arrive next week.
                                      Six birds for me which is going to be awesome, some from every era of my flying, all special birds to me.

Grossman56
                                      Excellent! The momentum is building...

Comment

• Pushing off next Saturday, hoping to arrive Wednesday (14th) afternoon, can't wait !!
                                        The only thing better than getting a new plane is getting to fly new planes with my online buds!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• I'm going to arrive at NEFI shortly after noon on the 16th. Just about done and ready to fly the new A-10...hmm, the Hog adds a little twist to how i'm going to load planes...
                                          Lon

Comment

Working...
                                          X