X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Electric Festival, Feb 17 - Feb 19, 2017

Motion RC is proud to be a participating sponsor of the 2017 Arizona Electric Festival. Spend your long Presidents' Day weekend flying with a good group of fun loving pilots. We're providing a couple giveaways and will also be flying the noon time demo and throughout the weekend with a variety of aircraft, including the upcoming Freewing 80mm A-10, Freewing 80mm Avanti, and FlightLineRC 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX.

Efflux RC is a sponsor as well and we all know he always brings something fun and FAST! We look forward to flying with everyone who can make it out to this excellent event.

02/09/2018 — Mesa - Check out all event details and attendee registration right here.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AEF banner.jpg Views:	1 Size:	959.4 KB ID:	61418

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC07689-1 - Copy.JPG Views:	5 Size:	611.8 KB ID:	61421
    Attached Files
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

WOW that sounds like fun to me warm weather new planes all that is left is an airplane ticket for me to go LoL.

Comment

It should be fun! Temperatures, precipitation, and wind for those days is looking good so far! We've been windsurfing in lots of 15-20+mph days here, so anything less than that would be considered an improvement.

Xplaneguy and AceMiGKiller will be going, as is Brandon Moon and I believe Crxmanpat. Am I correct? Who else plans to attend?

We're giving away two aircraft at the event and a few other things, too.

Comment

Man that looks like a blast! Would love to get a chance to fly those beauties! Looking at that photo of the birds is hilarious! You don't appreciate the size until you notice that tiny little mechanism at the foot of the A-10 when you suddenly realize that's the radio!!

:)
        For those going Alpha will be signing autographs at high noon. :P;)LOL
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Yeah, pictures can be deceiving, both ways, but anyway you slice it, the Freewing 80mm A-10 is a big bird for the foam electric jet class!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06768 - Copy.JPG
Views:	265
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	61904

Attached Files

Comment

Well, my buddy Glen is headed out to this event as I type. He'll be my eyes and ears for all these new toys. Hope they're all still in one piece on this last day of the get together. I checked to see how much airfare/motel was to come for 3 days and $1500.00 was just a bit much. I'd rather save it and buy 2 of these planes later with the money. :Ligthbulb:

Hehe, he just emailed me to say he's one week early. Now, he'll have a whole week to get his camera tuned up to take all the pics for me. I'm going to convince him to go early in the event while the plane's are still in one piece. (When you "loan" these things out for test drives, bad things can happen.)

Comment

I'll be there with both my CJ-6 and FMS 1500mm P47. I bought both from Motion RC for this event. See you there.

Comment

Hey GilbertAZ, welcome to Hobby Squawk! Were you able to weather the rainstorm to fly at the event this weekend?

CONGRATULATIONS AND MAJOR THANKS to Xplaneguy, Pilot Evelyn, AceMiGKiller, and the rest of their team that supported us at the 2017 Arizona Electric Festival. It was great to be among the sponsors for this perennial event, and we look forward to participating again next year. AceMiGKiller was awarded "Best Flight" flying the upcoming 80mm Freewing Avanti S, and Xplaneguy was awarded "Best Jet" for presenting the upcoming twin 80mm Freewing A-10 Warthog. Excellent flying and we appreciate all the yapping I'm sure they did between flights to field questions about these planes. From what I heard it was a well attended event despite the weather and several of our customer family made it out there with their birds. If you were among them, please post your photos here! BrandonMoon and Crxmanpat, I'm looking at you two! :D

Name:	20170218_141247.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	63186

Name:	DSC08199-2.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	63185

Comment

That's awesome you guys!! Sounds like a great success all around. Pilot Evelyn you are growing up before our collective eyes, it's like we know you! Nice job everyone. Looking forward to video and more photos!

Now about that jet helmet...Real or Photoshop? I can't tell! Either way, nice! :Cool:
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Parkflyer Podcast cover.JPG Views:	1 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	63674

While at this past weekend's Arizona Electric Festival 2017, our customer review pilot Xplaneguy gave an excellent off the cuff interview with our new friends at the Parkflyer Podcast. These guys sure love RC and it's fun listening to the three of them talk shop, including lots of information about Motion RC and the products and service we have all come to love. Thanks, Tony!

http://parkflyerpodcast.com/index.ph...l-part-1-s2e5/

The entire podcast offers great coverage about the event itself from various pilots and vendors that attended. If you want to skip ahead to Xplaneguy's interview, go to the 14:15 mark. Subscribe to their podcast for future stories about everything RC related!

Major thank you to Shannon Gallagher and his team for putting on an excellent event and being so hospitable with the pilots we sent over with our products and giveaways. We're already looking forward to next year!

Comment

Working...
                    X