You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sat Oct 7th - 4th Annual "Warbirds over Grapevine" A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Tigercat assembled today wow what a beautiful plane and huge. I haven't decided on the livery yet I'm thinking something custom from Callie as I do have the coupon. :Cool:

Comment

Great ! Can't wait to see it. I did Miss Kitty Kitty. She flies so easy. You'll love her. Almost like a big trainer.

So so glad you could make it!

Dave
      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Totally agree, she's a very easy plane to fly! As I've said before, just watch your Flap/elevator mix. I have no mix with half flaps and a small amount with full. Fly it and try it. Sounds like Dave can help you in real time.
        Let us know how the maiden goes!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
          I got my Tigercat assembled today wow what a beautiful plane and huge. I haven't decided on the livery yet I'm thinking something custom from Callie as I do have the coupon. :Cool:
          FF, that is awesome! So happy it was you that won it! Can’t wait to see the maiden.

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Hey DaHawk, got the package much appreciated!!
            I sure love the idea of giving to the kids of fallen veterans, do they do fund raisers where we can just send a check??
            I love the shirt and hat, wore it to work yesterday just to show it off!
            Grossman56
            Guided Fundraising is designed for small nonprofits. Explore how this simple, smart solution can help you become a better fundraiser and advance your purpose.
            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

Thanks Dave!
              Will take advantage of this, hope others do as well.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

Today we presented our check for $4,100 to Buck Kern, Executive Director for Snowball Express. A few more families will be coming to Dallas for the big annual Snowball event in December.

Here's the nice note the Buck sent me:

" Dear Dave,

We are very grateful for your support. Your annual event is such a wonderful opportunity, both as a fundraiser and an opportunity for our local families to attend, have fun, and connect with other families, or even get help.
                One of the families who attended this year was having some serious family challenges and being there enabled them to open up and ask for help. We were able to get them the help they needed.
                So thank you for creating great these opportunities!

Buck "

We can't thank MotionRC enough for their generosity in enabling this fundraiser. Plus having RC Rock Stars Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike on the marquis really made this a memorable event.

We'll do it again next year !

Dave

Here's a picture we took. From left to right - Chuck, Gopal, Buck, Myself and Scott.
                Attached Files

Comment

That's great guys looking forward to next year.

Comment

Wish we could get that much participation for our toy drive fly-in
                    Don Cullison Mem. Toy Drive/Fly-In……....... Dec 3

But we do hold it even if its freezing rain
                    Gather around the hot spiced cider pot and tell stories if its too bad to fly.

We have had people actually fly in freezing rain 2 years in a row.
                    FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Fred, Yeah we have our Santa Cops event December 3rd Everyone brings toys and gifts . The Grapevine Police distributes. We're their biggest donor. We even get a few of these guys up on a buddy box which is fun to watch. Always seems to be cold.

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post
                        Today we presented our check for $4,100 to Buck Kern, Executive Director for Snowball Express. A few more families will be coming to Dallas for the big annual Snowball event in December.

Here's the nice note the Buck sent me:

" Dear Dave,

We are very grateful for your support. Your annual event is such a wonderful opportunity, both as a fundraiser and an opportunity for our local families to attend, have fun, and connect with other families, or even get help.
                        One of the families who attended this year was having some serious family challenges and being there enabled them to open up and ask for help. We were able to get them the help they needed.
                        So thank you for creating great these opportunities!

Buck "

We can't thank MotionRC enough for their generosity in enabling this fundraiser. Plus having RC Rock Stars Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike on the marquis really made this a memorable event.

We'll do it again next year !

Dave

Here's a picture we took. From left to right - Chuck, Gopal, Buck, Myself and Scott.
                        Yeah BABY! Great job Dave.

Comment

Congratulations guys and job well done!!

Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I got my custom graphics in from Callie they were perfect. My granddaughter drew the nose art for me. The Snowball Xpress is to honor the event that the wonderful people at the 114th Aero Squadron put on. So I had to give it 114 designation to thank them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now all that's left to do is get the courage to do the maiden. It's such a beautiful plane I hate to take the chance on killing it but they are worthless if we don't fly em so first time I get good weather up she goes.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                Now all that's left to do is get the courage to do the maiden. It's such a beautiful plane I hate to take the chance on killing it but they are worthless if we don't fly em so first time I get good weather up she goes.
                                That's a really cool tribute!

Fly that sucker, they fly absolutely fantastic...probably the most stable plane I own.
                                TiredIron Aviation
                                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

The Tigercat is a great flying plane!!! You will have fun and love it... I couldn't believe how nice it flies..... Like a prop driven A-10!!! LOL

Comment

Wow FarmFlyer! That is an awesome tribute to an incredible cause. Thank you so much for honoring that day and that particular cause!

Take care of that beauty! And don't feel bad, you beat me even opening the box to my TigerCat. I've had it since spring time. But don't let me beat you to the maiden. :)

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be a couple of weeks before the weather gives me a chance but first descent day I'm getting her up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post
                                        Wow FarmFlyer! That is an awesome tribute to an incredible cause. Thank you so much for honoring that day and that particular cause!

Take care of that beauty! And don't feel bad, you beat me even opening the box to my TigerCat. I've had it since spring time. But don't let me beat you to the maiden. :)
                                        :Scared: Dude, we are gonna have to work on your priorities ;)LOL
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Unbelievable!!!
                                          The longer it sits, the more the fear builds up!!
                                          And with the Tigercat, it such a tame bird is almost anticlimactic!
                                          Then you'll be kicking yourself that you wasted all that time when you could have been flying her!
                                          It's such a gentle plane that you have to act like its a handful to impress people!LOL

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X