Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sat Oct 7th - 4th Annual "Warbirds over Grapevine" A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just drink a beer and fly it like you stole it.... It is a piece of cake.......

Comment

Or drink a bunch of beer and think I'm flying like a pro:Silly:just like when you drink at the dance and think you look good. ;)

Comment

LOL LOL LOL LOL I have never had too much beer and danced like a Pro!!! LOL HA!!

Comment

A big trainer she his. This plane will make anyone look good. Don't ask me how I know. LOL
          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Unbelievable!!!
            The longer it sits, the more the fear builds up!!
            And with the Tigercat, it such a tame bird is almost anticlimactic!
            Then you'll be kicking yourself that you wasted all that time when you could have been flying her!
            It's such a gentle plane that you have to act like its a handful to impress people!LOL

Grossman56
            I know guys! I wish my priorities had more room for unboxing and flying the planes that are still in the packaging. I'm about 6 planes behind. Work, family, and seemingly less hours in the day have me tied up. And, this pilot has no fear (trust me), It's going up when it's assembled (weather permitting).

But now that you've (OV10 and Grossman) have messed with my pilot/man-hood, it's a priority on this one! :Cool:.

Also, the challenge is on FarmFlyer. Don't let me maiden before you do, my Texas brother! :)

Comment

Game on brother!

Comment

:)LOL;)

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

I just got finished with my maiden on the Tigercat I can't believe how nervous I was. The nerves were for nothing it really is a *****cat to fly a few clicks of up trim and flew hands off at a little over half throttle. I am going to back off a little on the down elevator mix with the flaps I had to hold some up elevator with full flap on the landing. I got a little bounce on the landing but settled down smooth after that. I'll post a short video shot from my iPhone this evening. Sky Wolf your up my friend:Whew:
                  Last edited by farmflyer; Dec 10, 2017, 12:09 PM. Reason: Added content

Comment

It's probably the biggest surprise about the plane is that there are no surprises!
                    As I've said before, I had the flap/elevator mix wrong as well and she want to buck like a bronco when she first went up, using half flaps. Retracted the flaps and wow, smooth as a kitten. First landing with no flaps and I took the mix out of half flaps and dialed full flap/elevator mix back. Half was fine without a mix and full needed some, a little experimenting around found my sweet spot and she's been great ever since.

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

One of the sweetest flying twins ever..... But, the P-38 is very close..... All good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Aw man, FarmFlyer you bit on that challenge too quickly for me!

Huge congrats my Texas friend!

Will get my popcorn ready for the maiden video.

Comment

Almost regret I sold mine. A big trainer. Great plane! Nice presence in the air.
                          Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                          Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                          I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

Short video of my tigercat maiden. I had a weird 90 degree cross wind blowing from near calm to 10+ in quick bursts.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                            Last edited by farmflyer; Dec 10, 2017, 07:49 PM. Reason: Kant spell

Comment

Man that landing must have had the pucker factor cranked up to 11! Looked like the wind messed with you just before touchdown

Comment

Yea it didn't seem that bad but it sure bucked the plane around and I didn't do a good job reacting to it. I'm sure I'll do better next time out.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                  Short video of my tigercat maiden. I had a weird 90 degree cross wind blowing from near calm to 10+ in quick bursts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kovn-2Bt84M
                                  What the heck do ya do when a car is coming and ya HAVE to land..............:Thinking:
                                  :Ligthbulb: You guys in TX always gotta do it big by telling that SOB in the MACK to get outta my way LOL
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Well sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do brother. Some of these roads out here won't have traffic until you decide to drive on them. Others... Yeah not advisable.

Comment

We just watch traffic and land early or milk it a little if need be. You can see for a couple of miles so you have plenty of time to decide. On weekends if traffic gets busy to the State Park that is just down the road I go to the dirt strip that belongs to the local crop duster. Besides all that who in their right mind would drive on a runway. :)

Comment

Ha! Yes!

Comment

• Hey, there's some stretches in WY, that I've thought of that, nice long stretches that hardly anyone travels on ......
                                          I had a good crosswind while landing at Riverton, but got in the habit of doing a gear pass before landing
                                          (Thanks CB!) and turned to pass over the runway, but she drifted out too far, fine, around I went and started my turn further out from the reference point I was using and it worked out perfectly.

Grossman56
                                          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
                                          X