You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sat Oct 7th - 4th Annual "Warbirds over Grapevine" A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Oct 7th - 4th Annual "Warbirds over Grapevine" A Fundraiser for Snowball Express

When it comes to raising money for Veteran Groups, the 114th RC Aero Squadron is one of the Nations's leaders. We led the nation in fundraising on the inaugural National Model Aviation Day 4 years ago with over $4,000 going to Wounded Warriors for a single day event. For the last few years we've been having a special event to raise money for Snowball Express. This 4 star rated charity supports the children of our fallen since 9/11 bringing them together with fun, planned events.

Our one day program includes providing a simulator the kids can actually sit inside wearing FPV goggles . Adults then provide the actual movement .

RC Model Airplane Airshow & Fundraiser
    Saturday October 7, 2017
    4th Annual ‘ Warbirds over Grapevine’ 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Pilots briefing @ 8:45 AM)
    114th RC Aero Squadron Field Meadowmere Park, Grapevine
    This is an AMA sanctioned RC flying event open to AMA registered pilots.
    Open to all Warbirds and EDF’s - $25.00 pilot entry fee. - One of the best grass fields on the Planet!

Spectators Welcome!

All proceeds go to Snowball Express, supporting the children of our fallen heroes since 9/11
    • Trophies awarded for Best Warbirds
    • Great Food
    • Huge Raffle including RC & Non- RC items
    • Shirts and Hats Available
    • Ample Parking
    • Camping and hotels nearby
    This for the Kids!

Check out: http://snowballexpress.org

Questions: Contact CD Dave Halker (954)-729-7253 http://114thrc.org/

Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
    Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
    I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Hey guys ,

Here's a very special announcement. We're also live on rcflightdeck.com: https://www.RCFlightDeck.com/event/7721

So excited to Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike join us. See you on October 7th !

-Dave
    Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39

Comment

This is awesome and it's only 4 1/2 hours away. I probably won't fly but I'm definitely going to be there.

Comment

More than welcome. There's camping nearby and some cheap hotels

Comment

My son lives just east of Denton near Prosper soI've got that covered but thanks for the info.

Comment

Last year was great, and I'll definitely be coming again!

Comment

WOW, this is so awesome guys, really wish I could be there for this...
              Now, about those hats and T shirts, are they available on line, I'd love to order one and donate as well, let us all know how to do this.

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

I'd luv to participate dahawk but it is tooooo far a hump from upstate NY for a 1 day event. :(.
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Same here. from Wyoming, especially after the haul to Muncie, dang, still, it would be fun, just trying to figure out how I could disappear for a week and the wife wouldn't miss me...........hmmm:Thinking:
                  Team Gross!

Comment

Lol Gman tell your going out for milk.

Comment

OV1,

It's actually a quasi two day event. Open flying on Sunday. Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike will be filming. Maybe even some new stuff. Next year we will make it a two day.

Big weekend here in the DFW area. Besides our event, the Dallas Stars open up their season on Friday night. There's a two day Commemorative Air Force show at Dallas Executive, formerly called Redbird. Great Warbirds including FIFI. Last year , they had a the last remaining guy from the Doolittle raid. He was Jimmy Doolittle's co-pilot. 100 years young. And then there's the Cowboys / Packers game on Sunday. Make it a weekend ! LOL

Grossman, we'll figure out how to get a shirt /hat to you ! James B from Marketing will be there.

Best,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                        Last year was great, and I'll definitely be coming again!
                        Thanks Mike, you always bring some really cool aircraft. Bring the A-10. Should be a few there including mine.. I'll have the Scooter there. We can go up in pairs. On the Gasser side, I know there's gonna be a few scratch Giant Scale. AA A&P Bob H will bring something cool. AA 76 Capt. Bill R will brings his 12 ft WS C-47.

Spread the word over at GT. Elmer said he was coming.

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dahawk View Post

Thanks Mike, you always bring some really cool aircraft. Bring the A-10. Should be a few there including mine.. I'll have the Scooter there. We can go up in pairs. On the Gasser side, I know there's gonna be a few scratch Giant Scale. AA A&P Bob H will bring something cool. AA 76 Capt. Bill R will brings his 12 ft WS C-47.

Spread the word over at GT. Elmer said he was coming.

Cheers,

Dave
                          Will do! I'll send an email to Fred and he can bring it up at the meeting next week. I'll definitely be bringing the A-10, not sure how my oleos will do an grass though, as well as (hopefully) a few new projects.

Comment

Awesome event Dave! Evelyn and I wish we could be there but we're already committed to attend the St. George, UT Electric Festival at the end of this month. Maybe it's just me but I think employers should give RC pilots more annual vacation time. ;)

Comment

Thanks Tony,

Sure would be great to have you and your daughter. Like Ryan and Mike, you guys are MotionRC Rock Stars . Next year we'll make it a two day event. DFW is a nice place in the Fall and Spring. Expecting Chamber of COmmerce weather. We're excited to be able to do this. -Dave

Comment

Which Trophy will you bring home ? WW-II First place C-47 or Post WW-II F4J Phantom II ? or the Annual " Walk of Shame" Award for most spectacular crash ?

This shaping up to be a great event with our friends from Motion RC.

Pre-register at: https://www.RCFlightDeck.com/register/7721

Check out our site at: http://114thrc.org/

Comment

Last year's winner , AA 767 Captain Bill Rutledge : https://youtu.be/5hfNbSJ6ejw

This year we added a post WW-II first place trophy to include us EDF guys !

Comment

Just learned Andy from www.rcjetwerx.com will be joining us. He'll keep us happy with Roaring Tops. Besides being a great wet turbine and edf pilot Andy is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to lipos for our airplanes

Comment

Man I wish I could make it to this event.... it is going to be an awesome time.

Comment

And we would be highly honored to have one of the real stars of our hobby join us ! Even though Sunday is open flying, we'll make it a two day event next year.

Comment

Working...
                                        X