Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to name that plane, "George of the Jungle"?
    (Yeah, probably showing my age here...)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
      Need to name that plane, "George of the Jungle"?
      (Yeah, probably showing my age here...)
      Right there with ya Hoomi, along with Tennessee Tuxedo, Wally Gator and the Banana Splits!

Comment

Here's the video for my eFlite Cherokee crash, with two different camera views. The cheap cameras survived the crash just fine. I had the rate switch in the wrong position, and wasn't prepared for the overly sensitive response from the plane. If this happened now, I have a lot more flying experience, and I'd probably recover, but then, the flight quickly ended up in the proverbial handbasket.

Comment

This is/was my 91" Phoenix Model A-26. Flight was fine. The landing approach was off from the beginning. I finally aborted the landing, throttling up and pulling up. Then, the right prop was thrown. Too low and too slow to do anything other than watch and groan. Seventeen and half pounds of sticks...

---
          Warbirder

Comment

Low Not Slow 😄🤘

Comment

1/4 size rearwin speedster Aerolon failure or Pilot Screw up SAD Day...

Comment

Well. I crashed

Comment

Sometimes maidens do not have happy endings..or beginnings!

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                  Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

I find these videos really interesting I actually spend a lot of time watching crash compilation vids as I like to analyse what goes on before and during a crash
                    I do this for any plane I'm going to buy aswell

Because I'm the type who learns more by watching and doing as apposed to written instructions and books etc

So I'm always interested to find people's takes on there crashes / near misses

There certainly are some things to consider and to watch how the aircraft moves just before and during the first parts of the crash id love to hear what your thorns were after watching the video of your crash
                    For things like "I don't know what happnend" actually now I see I stalled it I lost orientation etc

I'm an instructor at our flying club and have found using videos of a flight or crash and talking through the circumstances can be useful to some to understand

I know there are some things that are beyond our control like hitting a tree loss of function dead stick etc
                    But by seeing what people do how they act I have made choices that have saved my planes from total loss

I suppose the easy thing to ask is what did you take away from your cash (besides parts and hurt pride)

Comment

100mph+ midair with 90mm Freewing F-16 Thunderbird at AZ Electric Festival

Comment

Tank guy Yes, there is definite value watching crash videos. A number of things to look out for, what not to do, safety issues and somethings that can just happen out of your control. As much as we do this there is always something new to learn or to be reminded of.... When we "dumb thumb" it we usually know right away and a few choice words are said. When we don't know what caused it the speculation starts till we narrow it down to the most probable cause unless it's obvious or we blame the radio/receiver/bluebox manufacturer.

Comment

I think one of the marks of "maturing" as RC pilots, is when we're more willing to accept the responsibility for our crashes, instead of always looking to blame some factor that was beyond our control. My Cherokee crash was something of a two-fold cause. The root was my failure to verify my rate switch before take-off, and that was compounded by my relative inexperience in not being able to competently deal with the unexpected difference in how the airplane responded. Another mark of maturing as a pilot is when we don't let the crashes discourage us. A few months back, I felt I'd hit a milestone when, after a crash, I flew a couple more planes. Previously, a crash would have shaken my confidence enough, that I would have just packed up and headed home.

Comment

If I could ever figure out how to upload a you tube video I would post some videos but, I cant figure out how to transfer a video from my computer to you tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank guy View Post
                              I find these videos really interesting I actually spend a lot of time watching crash compilation vids as I like to analyse what goes on before and during a crash
                              I do this for any plane I'm going to buy aswell

Because I'm the type who learns more by watching and doing as apposed to written instructions and books etc

So I'm always interested to find people's takes on there crashes / near misses

There certainly are some things to consider and to watch how the aircraft moves just before and during the first parts of the crash id love to hear what your thorns were after watching the video of your crash
                              For things like "I don't know what happnend" actually now I see I stalled it I lost orientation etc

I'm an instructor at our flying club and have found using videos of a flight or crash and talking through the circumstances can be useful to some to understand

I know there are some things that are beyond our control like hitting a tree loss of function dead stick etc
                              But by seeing what people do how they act I have made choices that have saved my planes from total loss

I suppose the easy thing to ask is what did you take away from your cash (besides parts and hurt pride)
                              I just blame my radio and my wife, both at the same time. :-)
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
                                If I could ever figure out how to upload a you tube video I would post some videos but, I cant figure out how to transfer a video from my computer to you tube.
                                You need to have a YouTube account. Once you have an account, you just click the camera icon in the upper right corner (where the red arrow is pointing, which isn't normally on the page), and that will take you to the upload page.

Comment

My Freewing DH112 Venom EDF crash landing.

Comment

Rest In Pieces ol girl....... you were a great kit but you are no more.......So it was super windy today and I thought why not take out some planes........ I...

Comment

FMS Scorpion buys the farm at full throttle on a low pass

Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

Max thrust mig15 disintigrates on a fast immelman entry

Art.t p51.1400 p51b.1400 fw190.1400 f6f.dyn tiggy.dyn spit.dyn tempest.dyn at6 (harvard).dyn beaver.eflite yak54.df vamp.pz spit.pz bf109.pz fw190.pz mossi.pz se5.pz radian.pz visionaire.hch b25.pz p40.ne yak54.ne extra300.precedent highboy.fms 800 p40 .. Tony nijhuis tiffy

Comment

Blast from the past .. the end of my loved Parkzone bf109 .. bad launch .. too aft cg ..foam snow showers

Comment

Working...
                                          X