X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Captain MoMo View Post
    Freewing A-6 80 mm - not sure what happened here :)

https://youtu.be/5kNDLJVbyO8
    Might have been a wing stall caused by too tight a loop.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
      Being an MRC employee my submission can't officially count but for fun I thought I would post my favorite (and most popular by far) crash footage. And yes, through the years trust me when I say there's plenty of material to choose from, lol. This was back in 2012. I had just received the first 1700mm Corsair in the US because at the time I was doing box design work for FMS and the plane was payment. The flight started out uneventful enough. I had a pretty good sized group of folks watching the flight. Suddenly at one point during the flight the plane explodes in mid air! (Explosion occurs at the 2:28 time stamp). I had never seen anything like it in my life. One of the prop blades was found stuck several inches in the ground. I am forever grateful it happened away from the crowd. Turns out the hub was of inferior strength and durability causing the entire prop/hub to shatter which in turn sliced off much of the empennage and that was that.

I sent the footage to FMS and to their credit they immediately went to work on upgrading their hub which they did. At the time I knew a guy who worked for the FAA and he told me that they were analyzing the video very carefully. I was fearful the footage would be a primary "Exhibit A" about potential unsafe models from China flying in US airspace. Thankfully nothing came of that. In the end I was so grateful nobody was hurt, but to see it live in person was pretty spectacular. It looked like some invisible adversary straffed her mid-flight!

Definitely my favorite video. It does look like it was strafed by another plane. Too bad the pilot didn't eject out and it didn't trail some black smoke before impact. Get with the program, you need to work on that to add a little realism.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        Definitely my favorite video. It does look like it was strafed by another plane. Too bad the pilot didn't eject out and it didn't trail some black smoke before impact. Get with the program, you need to work on that to add a little realism.
        LOL, I'll try harder next time.

My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Mike I'm starting to sort these for the video and I just want to say wow that crash is brutal and the reaction after has me crying lol

Comment

ha ha ha ! I walked away so it was a good landing !

Comment

hmmm, I have a lot of crashes, but besides the one I submitted, they were all off camera. I do have a maiden flight of a new plane tomorrow, and it is a really fast one... ;)

Comment

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Comment

My entry to the crash contest plane was a rc guys pitts with a 40cc twin engine

Comment

Epic 3 plane pile up...

Comment

Freewing F 16 Big Crash + Search & Rescue Drone

Comment

Freewing F 16 BIG CRASH and "Search & Rescue"-Drone Mission

Comment

Sorry for the fixed cam... I was alone. Still the plane managed to crash right in the middle of the screen

Comment

This one is short...

Comment

Originally posted by FedericoDC View Post
                                This one is short...
                                Like flippin pancakes!
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Just flying the first. Came in too hot and tried a turn. Came up short.

Comment

Well I don't have a video unfortunately but I hope these will count lol. Two in the same day. The f5 went in on a maiden. Now my only 5000 is unusable!

Comment

Easy Hand-Launch Freewing Jets Eurofighter + F 16

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Like flippin pancakes!
                                        it almost killed my incipient interest in quadracopters :)
                                        later I found out those tiny propellers tend to catch debris on the axis. No more flying inside the house before vacuuming...

Comment

• I am a newb to flying fixed wing so here is one of my maiden crashes. Have not been able to fly since the crash either.

Comment

Working...
                                          X