Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not bashing anyone just stating the facts .....Just the facts no opinions.... I had purchased new equipment, had a failure of that equipment......
    and received ZERO SUPPORT from Motion RC ....... not even a token discount in an attempt to say “we appreciate your business” I’m sorry you had an “issue”
    because we pride ourselves on superior customer support we will help you out to replace the Plane, Receiver, and Battery that you purchased from us.
    So please show me EXACTLY where ANY Customer Support was extended to me. PS if it was the transmitter I would be having a problem with my other planes with Spektrum receivers. I’m not going to debate the issue...... no product is 100% flawless and completely void of manufacturing defects.......the fact is Motion RC gave me ZERO SUPPORT ...... That is all I’m saying and if anyone disagrees please show me EXACTLY what was done by them to make this right?
    If anyone feels ZERO SUPPORT is acceptable than no further comments are needed. I just put this out there in case others have had similar experiences ( look at the reviews on the Admiral Receiver ) others have also had failures.

Comment

• Mal if you feel that Motion RC gave you no support, then that's the way you feel and I think you have the right to voice your displeasure. It doesn't help you that most of us have had excellent experience with their support and I have been one of those that have always been very satisfied. Nothing is ever perfect in this hobby. Equipment fails from time to time just as we all fail to be perfect pilots from time to time, we just have to take our lumps and move on. I had an elevator servo failure on the second flight of my F-4 on take-off a couple years ago, resulting in a spectacular crash. I was very lucky (and actually didn't expect it) when Motion gave me a credit for a new ARF (the EDF and ESC were not damaged), but if they decided not to, I wouldn't have held it against them. I understand that "mishaps" are a part of this hobby and it is difficult to "prove" the exact cause of a crash. One of our top jet pilots (Franco De Muaro) not long ago crashed a $15,000 jet he was building for a customer because his "buddy switch" on his expensive transmitter failed - now that's something to cry about!

I've never used the Admiral receiver, but many others swear by them. I only use the Spektrum AS3X receivers (over 25 of them) only because I am very comfortable programming them and have only had 1 brown out (which resulted in my Stinger 90 flying off into the Everglades), which I thought was the receivers fault but later learned it was my fault in antennae placement. I only learned my error when I posted a photo of my re-painted F-18 Canadian when a couple guys here in this forum stated that I might have a problem with signal loss with my antennae being too close to the battery. And here I thought I knew what I was doing. I now include a satellite if there is any question about interference from a battery. I had originally placed the antennae in my Stinger too close to the battery, but didn't get a brown out until flight number 60 or 70. I then stupidly repeated the same setup with my replacement Stinger and got a brown out after 25 flights, but was able to land it with no damage. After I re-oriented my receiver antennae and added a satellite, no problems. A good friend has an F-14 Tomcat he has flown over 150 times including in competition but the last flight we flew together, he lost signal, fortunately at the end of the runway after landing. We checked everything we could, but then I noticed his antennae was running underneath the battery tray, mystery solved. In flight, the battery did not mask the antennae from the transmitter, but on the ground with the transmitter above the battery, it did cause interference.

Anyway, all we can hope for is to have mechanical failures be limited to only occasionally (since my pilot skills cause the majority of "mishaps" anyway). And BTW, I've not had any better luck with support from HH, but I do believe both outfits try their best, within reason. I hope you have better luck with support in the future.
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh, Thank you for your insightful well written comment. It was nice to hear that Motion RC did step up to the plate an extend the courtesy to replace your lost plane after the hardware defect caused the crash. All I asked was for them to replace mine at their cost as so that they would not have any out of pocket expense. I will reach out to management and tell them about their rep that refused to give me any help. Hopefully management will step up an offer some assistance as they did for you.... Again Thank You.... nice response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mal View Post
          Hugh, Thank you for your insightful well written comment. It was nice to hear that Motion RC did step up to the plate an extend the courtesy to replace your lost plane after the hardware defect caused the crash. All I asked was for them to replace mine at their cost as so that they would not have any out of pocket expense. I will reach out to management and tell them about their rep that refused to give me any help. Hopefully management will step up an offer some assistance as they did for you.... Again Thank You.... nice response.
          I think what made the difference for me was 2 things: 1) Immediately after the crash, I went ahead and ordered another F-4 at my cost (being the glutton for punishment that I am), not expecting any replacement, and then 2) I went ahead and opened a ticket and explained what happened and was able to send them the defective servo. This happened fairly soon after my initial purchase. It took about 2 weeks for them to consider the issues and test the servo, and then after that, they issued a credit for the ARF, so I was somewhat lucky in having a provable issue. And that's how I ended up with 2 F-4's, so with the replacement, I turned it into a Blue Angel livery, so I'm not sorry I ended up with 2 of the same jet. One for "show" flights and the other for every day punishment!
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• P6 porter crash landing

Comment

• f4u hits the deck

Comment

• F86 patrol middle crash

Comment

• Originally posted by Radikalrc01 View Post
                  That one is my favorite so far!

Comment

• Sometimes you just come up short, or take a wrong turn!

Comment

• Gravity Sucks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Reibert View Post
                        Oh man Chris! The sound on the slo-mo was great though

Comment

• Third flight ever.

This is what happens when a loop goes wrong.... "VERRY WRONG" Enjoy my misery.

Comment

• Comment

• Just last week this happened. Sounds like my receiver lost power and reset itself after the fact (you can hear the tones at the end). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGViuEvP46A

Comment

• Onboard crash video of one of my scratch-built airplanes.

Comment

• Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MULUtpUY7Uo&t=4s two black bags in one day :(

Comment

• Nice approach.... Seriously bad landing!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gogster2k View Post
                                        Nice approach.... Seriously bad landing!
                                        It was all looking so good until :06! Thanks for the submission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whubarb Master View Post
                                          Oh man Whubarb Master. 2 crazy submissions! Thanks for those and wlecome to HobbySquawk

Comment

Working...
                                          X