You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ENTRY PERIOD CLOSED - 2021 March Mayhem Custom Aircraft Challenge OFFICIAL ENTRY THREAD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_190555.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	302705
    Attached Files

Comment

• May I present my LACoFD Huey with working water bucket. Trex 500 mechanics with fitted cockpit and 3d printed (non functioning) stabiliser bar added. The bucket can hold up to half a kilo of water and is remote operated. I also manage to obtain from the Los Angeles County Fire Dept, through their facebook page, a 60yr anniversary flight patch and pin.

Comment

• Okay, here are some more pictures of the F-15 E Strike Eagle. If MotionRC likes one please choose!!!
        Click image for larger version

Name:	B1.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	302714

Name:	B3.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	322.1 KB
ID:	302715

Name:	B4.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	302716

Name:	B5.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	268.5 KB
ID:	302717

Comment

• WOW J&W. Been waiting for an Eagle to come out for a long time. You did a SUPER job on that build. Love the "E"! Outlaw :) Super job sir!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Hi that's mine flight-line FW-190D Dora upgraded to 4 channels (with rudder) landing gear and costume paint job 😎😁 achtung 😜

Name:	FW-190D v2.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	184.3 KB
ID:	302745

Comment

• Hi
                  This is my f4. it is covered with silk paper and polycarbonate varnish, very hard finish and no more gatoring. Longer nose is from fw su 35 and chinpod is paper covered depron

cheers

Comment

• oops

Comment

Name:	20210306_171440.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	302792Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_171423.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	302793Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_171324.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	143.2 KB
ID:	302794Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_162302.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	302795Click image for larger version

Name:	20210306_161857.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	302796

Comment

• My L-39 Albatross by Blackhorse customized in a Reno Nevada Air Racing Scheme. I've also added bright Nav Nights in Wing Pods as well as a Turbine Engine for power. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210302_184113.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	302798

Comment

• Johnnie blount

Nice - that looks like the CT-133 that was used for the Snowbirds support jet but some of the markings are different. Is this an actual livery or did you add some of your own design?

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	ABD9B9CE-AEE8-48C3-ACA2-AA646E6D96AA.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	112.3 KB ID:	302823

Comment

• (For the record, no this is not meant to be a serious submission obviously, just thought it was funny given the timing)...

MY EPIC CONTRIBUTION TO MARCH MADNESS FLIGHT ENDS IN NOTHIN' BUT NET!

Well I am nothing if not good for a good crash. LOL!

I mean, I don't just crash like most of you. Nah, I crash into light poles with stunning fashion, chain link fences, school roofs just to name a few. Usually each would require a vacuum cleaner to get all the tiny foam bits picked up from the ground. In 25 years of flying I have found pretty spectacular ways to crash my model airplanes.

But this is the first time I can honestly say I have crashed into the net of a basketball hoop.

Winds were really gusty and I almost didn't fly but the winds died down for a few minutes which tricked me into a sense of false security. Takeoff and initial pattern flight was normal. Some gusts but nothing serious. But as I was on the downwind, a surge of wind picked up, and I mean picked up! I was on the treacherous high approach at the school so I knew this was going to get interesting quick. P's and Q's baby!!

I cleared the tree line and as I hit the threshold of the parking lot, a giant cross wind came in and all that was left to do was pray and hope for the best. What I saw next can only best be described as "Holy ****!" I watched as the gust pushed the F-16 into a basketball hoop with glorious devastation. From my vantage point it looked like there was a Freewing 90mm F-16 Arctic Camo jet one moment and a flowering explosion of foam the next.

It was so stunning, so riveting, it was quite frankly the first time in all my 25 years of flying where I not only didn't curse and scream and pout, I laughed! It was glorious! I couldn't have hit that basketball net if I was aiming for it! Sure, it's not great that it crashed but if you're going to crash do it epically. This was pretty damn epic.

Well you know what they say...A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's my submission to the spirit of March Madness. Nothin' but net baby!

Click image for larger version  Name:	goodnight4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	302831

Video:

My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                (For the record, no this is not meant to be a serious submission obviously, just thought it was funny given the timing)...

I mean, I don't just crash like most of you. Nah, I crash into light poles with stunning fashion, chain link fences, school roofs just to name a few. Usually each would require a vacuum cleaner to get all the tiny foam bits picked up from the ground. In 25 years of flying I have found pretty spectacular ways to crash my model airplanes.

But this is the first time I can honestly say I have crashed into the net of a basketball hoop.

Winds were really gusty and I almost didn't fly but the winds died down for a few minutes which tricked me into a sense of false security. Takeoff and initial pattern flight was normal. Some gusts but nothing serious. But as I was on the downwind, a surge of wind picked up, and I mean picked up! I was on the treacherous high approach at the school so I knew this was going to get interesting quick. P's and Q's baby!!

I cleared the tree line and as I hit the threshold of the parking lot, a giant cross wind came in and all that was left to do was pray and hope for the best. What I saw next can only best be described as "Holy ****!" I watched as the gust pushed the F-16 into a basketball hoop with glorious devastation. From my vantage point it looked like there was a Freewing 90mm F-16 Arctic Camo jet one moment and a flowering explosion of foam the next.

It was so stunning, so riveting, it was quite frankly the first time in all my 25 years of flying where I not only didn't curse and scream and pout, I laughed! It was glorious! I couldn't have hit that basketball net if I was aiming for it! Sure, it's not great that it crashed but if you're going to crash do it epically. This was pretty damn epic.

Well you know what they say...A picture is worth a thousand words. Here's my submission to the spirit of March Madness. Nothin' but net baby!

Click image for larger version Name:	goodnight4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	302831

Video:

Threeeeeee! Epic my man, if you didn't have photos of it and the video, I would not have believed it! You got my vote!
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

(For the record, no this is not meant to be a serious submission obviously, just thought it was funny given the timing)...

Click image for larger version Name:	goodnight4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.2 KB ID:	302831

Video:

WOW , Was it a 3 pointer ?? LOL

Comment

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	302847 This is the Freewing twin 80mm A-10 Thunderbolt. Standard coloring is a solid gray. I have customized mine in the Flying Tigers livery of the former England AFB. She’s ready to rumble!
                                    Any day you can fly is a good day!  :D
                                    Dave

Comment

• I couldn't decide on one... (I guess I am a little bit biased!).

Name:	_DSC6128ac copy.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	302858

Name:	_DSC6220ac (2).jpg
Views:	593
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	302856

Name:	IMG_3443.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	302857

Comment

• My JAS 39 gripen serial number 39131.Click image for larger version

Name:	8DD8EF12-E63F-42AB-B2D6-D26CFFC16866.jpeg
Views:	545
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	302872

Comment

Well, OK... I'll give ya 2 points!
                                          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Working...
                                          X