Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well CB, all I can say is, there is the foundation from which great things will grow. You have a chance to modernize the workshop and repurchase all the planes you've wanted. Albeit, some of the best memories are gone and there is nothing you can do about it, I can see new airplanes being built and new adventures lay ahead. If Alpha gets on his horse, he might even release an OV-10 before Christmas and the first one should be sent directly to you!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Charlie I being the Ass I am just read your post . My wife walked in and saw a tear running down and then she read it also . Damnit Man ! You have already been thru more than most of us can take and you are still kicking ….
      I will gladly send you pictures of everything I have so you can pick and choose what you want !!!!!

I recently , back at the end of June suffered a concussion . I played it off n told all it was a minor one . I lied it was worse but I know the sh*t I went thru and it was nothing compared to ALL you been thru . Can't try to imagine what it's been for you. God has a soft spot for you brother keep smiling even tho its hard

Bryan
      But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Yep, you know we're all with you my friend, if not physically, in spirit.
        You are like the Phoenix, you will rise again, I just know it!!

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

So yesterday was 60 days since I last flew as I indicated over on the OV10 Happy Bday thread and I also said I would provide some updates here as to what has replaced my non flying days since the fire.

First the demo of the Eyesore had to happen before my baby girl(36) got married for the first time in the backyard.
          What remains of my truck
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0986.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	154434
          What remains of my 82 FXR Chopper
          that got printed in Easy Rider

Name:	IMG_0990.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	154435
          Last I saw of it before having
          an emotional moment

Name:	IMG_0993.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	154436
          Now they are working on the
          rolling hangar/bunkhouse

Name:	IMG_0995.JPG
Views:	328
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	154437
          Garage halfway gone

Name:	IMG_0996.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	242.5 KB
ID:	154438
          Finishing up

Name:	IMG_0999.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	154439
          Done

Name:	IMG_1005.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	154440
          Pressure washed and back
          to where I was 32 years ago

Name:	IMG_1009.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	154441

OK......... now that the eyesore is gone, time to start preparing the grounds for the wedding
          She wanted me to build
          her a rustic arbor setting

Name:	IMG_1012.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	257.6 KB
ID:	154442
          Got to have a 40x80 for the 98 people

Name:	IMG_1014.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	154443
          Put them together & walla :Cool:

Name:	IMG_1015.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	154444
          Proud dad in tears with her mom
          (ex-wife) walking our girl to her
          waiting husband to be.

Name:	IMG_1067.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	154445
          And here is my daughter Jen and here husband Ken

Name:	IMG_1016.JPG
Views:	373
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	154446Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1017.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	154447

Now that the wedding has been successful accomplished and the remnants of the whole gayla removed
          it is now time to focus on the garage rebuild.
          The steel (note the construct material) replacement building is due from Missouri in 4-6 weeks but before that
          arrives have to get a larger footprint pad for the 36x30 one story 10ft walled structure.
          Laid the forms and rerod last Fri and did the 17 yard pour today. :)

Name:	IMG_1051.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	154448Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1057.JPG
Views:	365
Size:	202.1 KB
ID:	154449Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1062.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	154450
          Power float and DONE :Cool:

Name:	IMG_1065.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	154451Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1068.JPG
Views:	353
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	154452

Now I just need to have the content settlement monies to start filling the garage back up once it gets here/erected.
          Next entry when the giant erector set project begins :Whew:
          In the mean time I can now start strategizing on my RC plane/equipment replacement plan :Drooling:Smug:

Warbird Charlie

Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Now if I can figure out how to get the money out of the gofund me when would you want it? I imagine its peaked at $400.

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
              Now if I can figure out how to get the money out of the gofund me when would you want it? I imagine its peaked at $400.
              Wow.......that's awesome. Hadn't looked at it since you started it. Heck........I'll take that seed money with much gratitude at anytime towards the replacement of the DX9.:Cool:
              That would be a big jump start to getting some birds back in the air ;) Thanx again for your initiative Grady and everyone's support. :)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Good to see things coming back together.:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Wow.......that's awesome. Hadn't looked at it since you started it. Heck........I'll take that seed money with much gratitude at anytime towards the replacement of the DX9.:Cool:
                  That would be a big jump start to getting some birds back in the air ;) Thanx again for your initiative Grady and everyone's support. :)
                  Ok I imagine we should wait a little longer for it to accumulate more money and then we can pull it out.

Comment

You look very handsome Charlie!
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Now that would be so cool to see a great deal come along for an OV-10 (hint hint).
                      It's such a 'if I could do it all again' moment CB, you know the planes you liked and the ones that were not so hot and the ones that were on the list. You gotta get back in the air my friend, don't let the incident keep you down!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

You clean up pretty good Warbird! Hope everything turned out well at the wedding congrats to the bride and groom. It looks like your on your way back, the Phoenix is rising. Best to you Charlie.

Comment

Per an inquiry on the FL Tigercat thread from Hardway Jerry and I can't refuse LOL so just a quick little update so everyone knows the latest with regard to the "Hobby Incinerator"
                          o The new steel garage (big boy erector set) gets delivered from Missouri this coming Wed. Now I get to build in the cold :bluehappy
                          o All the insurance moneys have been settled including contents so now I can financially afford to start strategic replacements of aircraft. (after garage is built)
                          Just bought yesterday $800 of Craftsman wrenches so that I can assemble the garage (that don't get ya much these days) :saywha
                          o My dad won't be able to help me with the garage cause a week ago he went and took a header off the barn leanto roof from 15 ft onto a concrete pad.:Scared::Crying:
                          Busted up his left side real bad.........shoulder, elbow and hip. Doc said he's a tuff bird at 84 to come through it as good as he did.

But all in all.............even though 2018 hasn't been a really stellar year, as many of the Squawkers that have met me in person and have heard me say.............
                          I woke up on the top side of the dirt today and got out of bed when someone else couldn't so you won't hear me complaining...........this from a Navy Nam Vet that has beaten cancer 5X:)
                          So I'm doing GREAT Jerry ;)

Warbird Charlie

Comment

Hey Charley, Glad you're doing good. I just had a client purchase a $6500.00 Half Inch Socket Set form SnapOn. Beautiful set, came in a little SnapOn tool box. I was just at Harbor Freight this morning buying small stuff. Surgical locking pincers, small knife set, etc.. Just some small things I needed. I could just imagine the damage I could have done in there with $6500.00. LOL

5X wow. congrats for you man, that couldn't have been easy. I just wanted to say Thank you for your service, especially in such trying times.

I bet you got your moneys worth with those Craftsman Tools. 800 Bucks, sounds like you got some nice stuff mate, try to enjoy it. I'm more of a hot weather person than a cold weather person, good luck to you in building that thing. If I was there I'd help ya for sure man.

Best Regards
                            Woody

PS, hey Alpha, how about that OV10!!!

Comment

OV10, Stellar on the 5x and trust your father is on the mend. Best always to you and yours, LB
                              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dad's accident, I'm praying he will be alright. Glad to hear your doing well. Don't freeze your cojones off building your new hanger. Best to ya!
                                Roy B.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                                  Sorry to hear about your dad's accident, I'm praying he will be alright. Glad to hear your doing well. Don't freeze your cojones off building your new hanger. Best to ya!
                                  Roy B.
                                  LOL That's just about what my sweetie said when she suggested getting me a cold weather work outfit;)
                                  Warbird Charlie

Comment

OK!!!! Golly, give you Dad some love for us all!!! My Mom is 89, so I understand!!!! Love you buddy!! If no one loves your cojones, just put them in some old sweat socks and soak them in coffee.... Just like on the ship.... LOL LOL Or not......

Comment

Hahaha yes!

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                        Per an inquiry on the FL Tigercat thread from Hardway Jerry and I can't refuse LOL so just a quick little update so everyone knows the latest with regard to the "Hobby Incinerator"
                                        o The new steel garage (big boy erector set) gets delivered from Missouri this coming Wed. Now I get to build in the cold :bluehappy
                                        o All the insurance moneys have been settled including contents so now I can financially afford to start strategic replacements of aircraft. (after garage is built)
                                        Just bought yesterday $800 of Craftsman wrenches so that I can assemble the garage (that don't get ya much these days) :saywha
                                        o My dad won't be able to help me with the garage cause a week ago he went and took a header off the barn leanto roof from 15 ft onto a concrete pad.:Scared::Crying:
                                        Busted up his left side real bad.........shoulder, elbow and hip. Doc said he's a tuff bird at 84 to come through it as good as he did.

But all in all.............even though 2018 hasn't been a really stellar year, as many of the Squawkers that have met me in person and have heard me say.............
                                        I woke up on the top side of the dirt today and got out of bed when someone else couldn't so you won't hear me complaining...........this from a Navy Nam Vet that has beaten cancer 5X:)
                                        So I'm doing GREAT Jerry ;)
                                        WB, I would be more than happy to drive up and help you with your giant erector set! (23 years as a maintenance man in a factory including building)
                                        You just give me an address and a date and time, and I will be there!:Cool:

Prayers for your Dad to a fast recovery so he can help with all the finish work once the new hanger is all up.

I shed a tear when I seen the pics of the FXR :Crying:I couldn't imagine life without my scooters!

Comment

Originally posted by Dual Prop Dave View Post

WB, I would be more than happy to drive up and help you with your giant erector set! (23 years as a maintenance man in a factory including building)
                                          You just give me an address and a date and time, and I will be there!:Cool:

Prayers for your Dad to a fast recovery so he can help with all the finish work once the new hanger is all up.

I shed a tear when I seen the pics of the FXR :Crying:I couldn't imagine life without my scooters!
                                          I appreciate the offer Dave ;) I gotta make a concerted effort to get down to your neck of the woods next year for one of your clubs events.
                                          Sunbury, Milton, Lewisburg and Williamsport are all stompin grounds of my dads side of the family.(I think I may have mentioned that to ya before:Silly:)
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X