You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which type(s) of products do you prefer - PNP, RTF, etc.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which type(s) of products do you prefer - PNP, RTF, etc.

Re: Which type(s) of products do you prefer - PNP, RTF, etc.

ARF for me,

Comment

I think there all good, but I like the ARF and many people like the Kits as they can put there own stuff in

Comment

I usually look for kits and ARF planes. I would stay away from selling $300 RTF EDFs since anybody interested in those jets will probably have a good TX. I think RTFs versions are only really useful for beginner pilots and high-wing trainer types. Once you're ready to move up, you should already be thinking about a getting a decent TX.

duker_48

Comment

I would agree with what others have said. Kits and ARF/TX-R are what I look for. Mostly ARF/TX-R for myself, though if I do look kits it's usually for EDFs.

Comment

PNP's here. Or a BNF if it has a spektrum receiver in it.

Comment

ARF's & Kits for me

Comment

BNF and PNP

Comment

I prefer the plug and play version.

Comment

I prefer PNP as well...its an easy build, if not then a kit. I rarely buy an RTF as I already have my own TX. I think this might be a good thing to note is that your current selection of aircraft seem to be tailored more towards intermediate flyers that probably have their own transmitters. I would probably stock more PNP products than RTF. Unless it is spektrum stuff, I would prefer PNP to a BNF. Hope this helps.

Coot

Comment

I voted "Receiver Ready" and Kit would be second choice!

Comment

I think only trainers need to be available in an RTF version. As has been stated by others, most of us already have the other necessary required equipment needed to fly our planes. I still have a lot of usable parts remaining from several deceased trainers and other damaged aircraft <smiley image="smiley_beam.gif"/> If we need specific items we can always order the extra batteries, recievers, etc.

Comment

PNP is what I like now that I am established and have 10000000000 transmitters!!!

Comment

is ARF the same as Rx-R / PNP - this would be the best choice as most have transmitter, LiPo and chargers of their own liking already

Comment

PNP FOR ME...<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>...

Comment

PNP (Receiver ready) and Kits. It really depends on what I want from the plane. Typically, if I want more speed, or I want to use an existing battery type I already have, I go for Kits and put my own eletronics.

Comment

PNP

Comment

I agree with what most here have said, as only the trainer/beginner or high wing types will most likely be sold to those that do not already have a radio. Most of the intermediate to advanced aircraft will be purchased by those who already have or are purchasing a more advanced Tx as they have increased their abilities and desire to stay with the hobby.
                                    I had a Transmitter from flying Helicopters so my first plane purchase was a BNF.
                                    Since then, I have a collection of Rx now, so I have been purchasing PNP versions lately.
                                    Friends at the field I fly in, like the KIT versions for spare parts.

Comment

PNP

Comment

I prefer PNP as I already have my own radios and transmitters.

Comment

Working...
                                        X