Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time listener , 1st time caller...

I am back after an 18 year break. Kids now grown. Seemed like the thing to do :-). Flew big gas warbirds and aerobatic stuff in the 90's. Now that I am back I see all of the electric stuff is well.... just too cool!!! This hobby has come along way. And to top it off all my old flying fields now have tarmac!

Eflite P-47
    Eflite Spitty
    FMS 109 (Undergoing repaint)
    FMS P-51 (Many Mods/Upgrades)
    Flightline P-38
    FMS F-86
    UMX Pitts for laughs!

DX8
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Welcome to Hobby Squawk, you'll like it here ;)
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Welcome to the Squawk! This a great place with lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks. That's a pretty awesome Corsair in the picture. What's her story?

Comment

Thanks guys....
        Sky Boss was a broken down Byron, with substandard servos , a tired Q50 and worn Robart retracts when I traded for her.
        She received a new G-62, all JR High Torque Servos and a new set of Robart Legs. The plane was built with out flaps so had to driver her down.
        She was a great flyer. Had her two summers. then sold her. The new owner killed her on his maiden. So sad

But I gotta tell you, the stuff available today is mind-blowing , for variety , detail, functionality, and the sheer coolness factor.

As you know ...

The 40 size warbird of yester-year built from a great planes kit, covered in Ultra-Coat, with spring air retracts, Robart Struts, an OS 46 or maybe a Saito, easily toped out at a 1000.00 or more and was messy sticky and powered by fuel that was 20 a gallon ...........and you had to build it.

Been there done that :-)

Its going to be great summer :-)

The issue is becoming Hanger Space!

Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Too bad about the Corsair. But, yeah the hobby now is entirely different and more affordable. And, hangar space disappears quickly. :)

Comment

Yea hanger space what is that? Its so cool how others have built shelves or use PVC piping to hang their planes off of. Oh and welcome back to the hobby and yes electric is really taking over the hobby No cleaning no motor adjusting just go and have some fun.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks like you're ready to travel. :Cool:

Comment

Yea.... just want to keep em nice as possible for as long as possible :-)

Comment

Welcome aboard!! Let us know if you have any questions and glad you are back in the Hobby.

Comment

Great to have you aboard e4dragongunner,
                        so cool to hear of guys giving the hobby a second look, if you haven't been involved for a while, it must be quite a surprise to see all the developments.
                        I know personally I hadn't looked at it since probably the 80's and then 4 years ago, I took a look and was blown away.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

Absolutely,

back in the day... to fly an F-14 , I think the only option was the Yellow Aircraft Kit. Add to that 2 finicky OS Ducted fans, all the time hoping it doesn't go asymmetrical. Oh you needed a Graupner Radio too as nothing from Japan could handle the swing mix! THOUSANDS of dollars. Hello Freewing F-14! Even if it didn't fly it's almost worth the 549, to invite your buddies over to drink beer and watch the pretty lights , swing the wings , cycle the gear, and make jet noises!!

Comment

And By the By, MOTION ROCKS
                            But you guys know that already.... I am literally 13 miles from the warehouse! :-)

Comment

Working...
                            X