X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Hobbies

Is Banana Hobbies in Los Angeles a reliable and safe company to buy a plane from??? Thanks. Gary

My view, No you have to watch the pictures of what they sell as to what you're getting. Some say that there better I say do a search and make your own decision. My .02
    AMA 424553

Comment

Banana has always been more or less a 50/50 crap shoot in my opinion. When they were good was when they use to carry fms. I bought a few fms planes from them. The other stuff was severely under powered or damaged when I got it. Keep in mind this also was shipped to Iraq and Germany to my apps. Sometimes packages coming through apos got less then first class treatment

Comment

I order a A10 from them once. They sent me the wrong plane. Sent it back and they sent the wrong plane AGAIN !!! Horrible experience. Haven’t ever looked back now Motion rc is here.

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

I had a very bad experience with Banana Hobby several years ago and I stopped doing business with them for a long time. But I needed a part that only they had and gave them another chance a couple years ago and they came through without incident. Lately, I decided to buy a V-22 Osprey from them and that transaction was flawless. The product arrived without any problems. Shipping was quick and no damage. Just last week, I received a small order of parts for the V-22 and again, no issues whatsoever. Banana Hobby does have a lot of nice (and exclusive) products. One simply must assess the viability of the one you want. Many of them, you don't want to touch with a 10 foot pole. I'll only buy stuff that can't easily be purchased elsewhere (like Motion and RC Castle for example).
            (Now, HobbyKing on the other hand, has taken a significant nose dive in virtually every catagory, especially in the shipping dept. It shouldn't take a month get a small registered package from Hong Kong when RC Castle can get me a similar small package in a week.)

Comment

My run-in with them was last March when I ordered the front and rear fuselage for one of there planes and they sent it to me, the front empty and the rear with components when the picture showed them both with components, so I texted Alex and then the runaround started. R.
              AMA 424553

Comment

I was considering one of their Techone planes. Having had 2 Techone planes in the past (a 900mm Popwing and an Su31) from another dealer I knew the quality to expect, and was hoping they wouldn't screw up the packing and shipping. Tried to call them 2 times today (Monday) and left messages with my phone number. No response. I guess it really is a crap shoot dealing with a company which won't even answer the phone or respond. Gary

Comment

Originally posted by garyp View Post
                  I was considering one of their Techone planes. Having had 2 Techone planes in the past (a 900mm Popwing and an Su31) from another dealer I knew the quality to expect, and was hoping they wouldn't screw up the packing and shipping. Tried to call them 2 times today (Monday) and left messages with my phone number. No response. I guess it really is a crap shoot dealing with a company which won't even answer the phone or respond. Gary
                  Motion RC sells Techone products. That being the case, I wouldn't even consider getting it from BH.

Comment

As a representative of Motion RC I won't go into detail but suffice to say my experience with them over the years has definitely been hit or miss.
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I would not buy from Banana unless I absolutely had to, case in point, I do use them for Taft Viper prts. due to the fact they were the only US reseller. Other than that why would you when MRC has and will continue to dominate the market with a customer friendly business plan who actually cares about our hobby and our community compared to others who only care about their bottom line. Any business who contributes to Wounded Warrior will get my business!!!

Comment

I havnt purchased any thing since my dealings with them 4 years ago when I purchased a Blitz hobby tomcat the wing sweep servo stripped and never got the right part but got a lot lf extra parts I did not need. the servo reverser was bad and they did not even know what one was never buy from them again worst company I have ever dealt with

Comment

Honestly I am amazed Banana still exists. I guess HSD is proping them up because they really have nothing else to offer the knowledgeable hobbyist. They are still selling the down level garbage from 10 years ago. Sorry to be so blunt. I have had my own bad expierience with them.

Comment

With a name like Banana Hobby, they should stop selling planes and sell love toys instead. From them I bought, an FMS 1400mm Green Zero for $145, clearance and two FMS Staggerwings each for $99; also clearance. They never did anything wrong to my orders, but they jacked their shipping costs way up. I think they were one of the first to do so. Same with NP....

Comment

I've never bought from BH, but have always called them Out Of Stock Hobby as they don't typically have anything that I'm looking to buy from them in stock.

Comment

FREE PLANE
                                DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY on Banana Hobby products, I got screwed by them today. Seems to be the customers responsibility for quality control! Bought a L-39 PNP, 2 minutes into the maiden the fan came apart exiting the fuselage, cutting parttialy through the ESC wires, BH would send a new fan blade and told me to fix the ESC myself, I didnt bring up the fuselage damage assuming they would replace not only the edf fan but also the ESC. They said it was my fault I didnt check that the fan was tight. If I installed fan I would of but it was PNP. One thing I do know they now how to get rid of a customer. GoodLuck Banana Hobby.

Tom Stark 920-868-0015

Comment

After all these years, the BAD reviews still keep coming. And yet, if you look at the new threads over on the other forum, every year, they get a new crop of fanbois who will rain HELL on anyone who speaks badly of them. They won't believe any of the many years of bad reviews. At least until they get gooned like Pizza Guy just did. And their new CS guy in the west? Well, he tries just a little too hard but fails miserably due his total lack of interpersonal skills and hot temper when dealing with "experienced" customers. At least he's learned to keep his mouth shut (and fingers off the keyboard) most of the time. Their new promo guy in Florida at least has a personable nature and presents himself well. He puts in a good effort to prop up Banana's dubious reputation but will it be enough? It seems whatever good the east coast guy does, is soon overshadowed by how the west coast guy behaves. And then, the guys in the office screw it all up for the rest. They just need a few new good men and a bunch more in the office. Oh well, 50/50!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                  X