X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse sale...........

Looks like HK may discontinue this plane as they have it for sale at a really good price for a multi-engine PNP.....& FREE shipping. Think I'm gonna jump on it before it's gone...

Denny

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/avios-bu...-blue-pnf.html

Addendum: I forgot to mention another really good buy for a great STOL plane. I have the Taft Hobby 1600mm/PNP EPO that is a superb STOL plane & I wanted one in balsa. That price is a real bargain for a mostly finished balsa ARF. I have all the necessary EP components to finish it.

*** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
    *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

I’’’ve got my eye on the Dornier myself.

Comment

Heck with it, I just ordered the Dornier DO-27. :)

Comment

I love my BushMule. The current sale price is a steal. If I had the space, I'd get another one just for spares. I hope they don't discontinue it. It's not that old. Maybe it's a sign that HobbyKing is "on the ropes" and needs to downsize to cut costs. I know they've been getting some bad press this past year for all sorts of things, from shipping woes to lack of parts and stock to a crappy new website to losing some of their key personnel. They may not be as big anymore as some people make them out to be. Trouble may be around the corner.

Comment

My Dornier Do-27 came in today from HK. Somehow, I had the feeling prior to ordering, this model was a VQ Models plane......YUP!!!! It is. Superb quality. Amazingly, HK triple boxed this plane & FedEx delivered it in perfect flawless condition. Gonna power it with an EP 46 size motor on 4S. I'll spend a week going over every sq. cm & make notes to any mods/improvements that I feel would strengthen/enhance this plane. There's a couple graphics I want to get it to scale, so, I'll contact Callie. Pics attached.....

Denny
          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Mine still hasn't shipped. I've talked to HK twice, I now remember why I HATE them so much,

Please update the thread as you go yorkiepap as I may want to do the same things to mine (if I ever get it). :)

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              Mine still hasn't shipped. I've talked to HK twice, I now remember why I HATE them so much,

Please update the thread as you go yorkiepap as I may want to do the same things to mine (if I ever get it). :)
              Will do. I've already made some notes regarding the way the wings are kept on.....with a spring & hook?????:Confused: I'm definitely going to change that. Overall, the covering is perfect & there is a lot of room inside the cockpit, so I may put a micro FPV cam on a pan mount inside it. The LG are (2) pieces of aluminum, look quite strong, although I'm gonna make a 1-piece alum. LG as the load/stress will be distributed more evenly. I'll take pics & post all the mods I do. I ordered mine on the 16th, so you should be getting yours shortly. I had a suspicion that shipping would slow down because of all the orders with the sale. I usually get items within 4days from the US warehouse. I'm never in a hurry anyway as there are plenty of other plane projects to keep me occupied. They had some great bargains. I think I'm gonna order another one as a "just-in-case" at that price. I noticed on VQ's dealer net, the price for that plane is $209.

Denny

Comment

Well yippee my Dornier shipped today. I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                  Well yippee my Dornier shipped today. I'm looking forward to receiving it.
                  How long befor you got the shipping notice?

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

See Post #3..........

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post

About 3 weeks. :(

Comment

Crap... That's about irritating. Unreal how even the US warehouse is also taking forever to get stuff out... What in the hell is the point if they aren't gonna get the stuff out within at minimum 2days from order? Uuuugh!

Comment

I have an order of batteries that they still haven't sent out and it has been almost two weeks since I've ordered. Got a hold of them and was told it is delayed because of weather and they are about two weeks behind. US warehouse also. :Angry:

Comment

My last HobbyKing order took 1 month to get to me (it's been known to take as long as 3 months). 2 days after I placed the order, it was classed as "shipped". Expanding the shipping details via NL Post, I saw that the package sat in the HobbyKing warehouse for 2 weeks. Then it moved to the NL Post warehouse, where it sat for another week. At that point it left Hong Kong and got to Canada in 1 day, where Canada Post took the remainder of the week to deliver it to my door. Had I chose FedEx, paid for the brokerage and tax and other fees at my door, it would have arrived in less than a week. The items I bought were not important and I was not in hurry for them so I chose not to use FedEx and pay extra. That's about the size of it now with HobbyKing. I don't order urgent items anymore from them. My spending with them have gone from in the thousands of $$$ per year to a couple hundred. Their loss. I can get urgent stuff elsewhere.

Comment

If ya'll kinda think a bit about the HK Warehouse Sale, you should give consideration that with all of the really great bargains, I'm sure they got flooded with orders. If you had an operation & a huge sale & then you got 10,000 orders the 1st week, what do you think you could do? Remember, out of all the RC'ers in the marketplace, it would not be unheard of to get that many orders in a week. Then, perhaps some of the items ordered were located at different warehouses that the customer didn't check which warehouse. These have to be sorted & many times delays a shipment. Being in business has shown me how hectic things can get at times. I'm not making excuses for HK, just realizing how a massive input of orders can get quite trying. Also, none of us know what kind of help & how many they have at the US warehouse & how efficient they are. Too many factors come into play in these situations. All I know is I'm never in a hurry when I order from HK, hope my purchases come intact, not lost in the mail, or shipped to a wrong address. If I really need an immediate item, my LHS is close enough, & hopefully he has what I need. Personally, the sale was excellent with some great items priced at a steal. I do a lot of business with HK since I've never had any issues & will continue. I'm too old to get frustrated over having to wait a bit because the prices were worth the wait. Just some food-for-thought.

Denny

Comment

Originally posted by mburton47 View Post
                                I have an order of batteries that they still haven't sent out and it has been almost two weeks since I've ordered. Got a hold of them and was told it is delayed because of weather and they are about two weeks behind. US warehouse also. :Angry:
                                Yes that's what I'm waiting for too, I have my tigercat batteries I'm waiting for.

Comment

Denny: I agree on what you said and I'm sure the big warehouse sale including the bad weather has slowed down there operation considerably. I have ordered several times from HK and and usually get it within a weeks time if it is coming from a us warehouse. The big warehouse sale has overwhelmed them. :Confused:

Comment

The order I spoke of occurred NOT during any sales event. It was an "ordinary" time of year - not even Chinese New Year. The time I spoke of that took 3 months was when HK made the stupid decision to give the shipping contract to Malaysian Post. HK realized what a dumb decision that was and MP didn't last very long. Then came Singapore Post, which wasn't much better. Now they use Neanderthal Post, which is still akin to waiting for a turtle egg to hatch. I guess they haven't figured out that maybe Hong Kong Post is the way to go - likely they burned that bridge years ago when they tried to put the screws to HK Post for a better deal.

Comment

And the HK warehouse free shipping on orders above 150 is a hit or miss.

So far I have been lucky enough on my orders, and it has been between the same time frame you guys are mentioning.

Comment

Yeah, I normally go dhl for anything coming from China, otherwise I go for the cheap stuff from the U.S. warehouse. But this is the first time I've waited beyond 3 days before my items have shipped. So I do get the flood of orders with the sale going.

Comment

Working...
                                        X