Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DO-27 was delivered about 20 minutes ago. Yay!!

Comment

Looks like mine supposedly left Oregon around 6am...

Comment

Batteries are in Utah now

Comment

I think batteries have to go by "ground", most likely FedEx. Since they're on the move, you'll probably get it in a business day or two.

Comment

Yeah I'm thinking so, says due in April 10th

Comment

I unboxed my DO-27 last night, wow, what a great looking plane! I had trouble getting the front canopy off (it's the battery hatch) and I could not get it to go back on. I might need to do a small amount of balsa sanding to get it to fit better. Other than that I don't foresee any issues with the build.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I ordered the 2nd one on 4/2, after the sale was over, & luckily I got it at the sale price w/free s/h. Yesterday I looked up the order & it was marked "Completed" & shipped. FedEx tracking indicated a delivery date of 4/11....no complaints here. Seems they are getting caught up a bit which is good. I noticed when I looked up my order, I checked the plane again & it was back up to the regular price of $168 + s/h. Glad I scratched the itch I had for that plane.

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                  I unboxed my DO-27 last night, wow, what a great looking plane! I had trouble getting the front canopy off (it's the battery hatch) and I could not get it to go back on. I might need to do a small amount of balsa sanding to get it to fit better. Other than that I don't foresee any issues with the build.
                  I'm sure there will be a few easily corrected issues with a new model, especially with balsa as wood has a tendency to move with temperature/moisture variances. Primarily, my concerns will be the structure integrity & examination of all the joints & especially the firewall area. I have an easy plan for the wing connections that I will photograph & post that will be so much better than that damn spring setup. Also, the LG area will get a really good going over & reinforced where applicable since I'm going to change the LG to a 1-pc setup & may use the same size(4" Dia.) tires I use on my Taft Hobby Do-27. Makes grass fields easy to t/o & land. I have (3) projects ahead of my start, so I'll post pics when the assembly/mods begin.

Denny
                  *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                  *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Batteries made it into Texas, we shall see if they arrive tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                    X