X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion RC experience

I'll start this new section with the first post.

I was in the hobby back in the 70's & 80's as a kid, my dad owned a Hobby Shop and I worked in it as a teenager. I got interested in full scale aviation (I own a Cessna 182) and stopped flying models.

Fast forward to 2016, I got back into R/C planes and a few guys at our field suggested Motion RC for foam planes. I've spent quiet a bit of money with Motion in the last 2 1/2 years with most of my 75 planes being Horizon Hobby, Flightline or Freewing brands.

The reason I keep coming back to Motion is the service and support after the sale, which is something I learned from my dad as a kid working in his shop.

Sure I've had a few planes that had bad components in them but a quick support ticket and replacement parts were on the way to me as warranty replacements.

Guys at my field jokingly call me the Iowa Motion RC distributor because I have so much of their stuff, constantly talk about them and write articles for our clubs newsletter about their planes from time to time.

My only complaint is when they list items in the scratch and dent section I think they should include pictures of what is wrong so as a consumer I can make a better decision as to whether or not I want to buy the item. Someone has already taken the time to open the box, write out what is wrong with it so I can't see how taking a few pictures to go with the description could add that much more time to the process. They've given reasons before but I'm not convinced.

That being said I'm glad to have a company like Motion selling & support products that I enjoy owning.

Sounds familiar Dave, I push Motion R/C so much I get asked if I work for them. I figure when you fined a winner, why not spread the news. Hope everyone is pushing HobbySquawk as well.

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
      I'll start this new section with the first post.

I was in the hobby back in the 70's & 80's as a kid, my dad owned a Hobby Shop and I worked in it as a teenager. The reason I keep coming back to Motion is the service and support after the sale, which is something I learned from my dad as a kid working in his shop.S.
      dkalwishky, I, too, worked in a hobby shop on and off for 6 years in the mid-80's to help support my addiction. Service is what separated us from the 'catalogs'. MotionRC gets that. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Purchased item from their Europe store (Netherlands) arrived within 24 hrs to me in UK.
        Impressed with the service and the courier.
        Thanks will be a return shopper

Comment

Originally posted by zflyer View Post
          Purchased item from their Europe store (Netherlands) arrived within 24 hrs to me in UK.
          Impressed with the service and the courier.
          Thanks will be a return shopper
          So happy to hear this zflyer! Welcome to HobbySquawk!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
            Sounds familiar Dave, I push Motion R/C so much I get asked if I work for them. I figure when you fined a winner, why not spread the news. Hope everyone is pushing HobbySquawk as well.

Grossman56
            Actually, who would I see at Motion for a job?

Comment

send a pm to tom.motionrc

Comment

Done, THANX!

Comment

Working...
                X