X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I registered only to say a huge THANK YOU, because this post saved me from getting scammed... I was asked to pay with bank transfer to give me the best possible price, and It became suspicious, even when the seller sent some EMS receipts when I did never asked for it. It would have been most likely impossible to recover the money.

In regards to improve the visibility of this topic for some other potential victims like me, some of the data I was given (not sharing account no. just in case)

Account name: Luo Yong
    Swift code: PSBCCNBJ
    Bank name: Postal saving Bank Of China
    Bank address: Number 10,Shi Yan Road, ban An district,shenzhen city,China

Best regards.

Comment

Speaking of Freewing, I send an email directly to Freewing's website inquiring about purchasing a V2 Mirage without the tiger and I get the following reply lol

Leo Yang <sales@freewing-model.com>
      To:me
      Jun 8 at 6:25 PM
      i found your are SPY. not a true buyer.
      i don't sell anything to you.
      bye.bye. for ever.
      F*** you.

Thanks to this thread I saved myself $375 although I would of used pp and not WN or direct wire.

Comment

Freewing Model (often referred to as Freewing) = Genuine Factory

Freewing-Model = Swearing Scammer

The dash between "Freewing" and "Model" makes all the difference. Freewing-Model.com is a scam, they are NOT the genuine Freewing factory. The genuine Freewing factory would never answer an email by swearing at someone. I work out of the real Freewing factory a couple times a week so I know them personally.

When in doubt, contact Freewing's primary global distributor, us: www.motionrc.com and www.motionrc.eu

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Gotta hand it to the guy. Just a dash is all it takes to hoodwink many. Thankfully many good and honest folks can help point out the scammer that he really is. And a potty mouth to boot! :Not-Talking:
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
            Gotta hand it to the guy. Just a dash is all it takes to hoodwink many. Thankfully many good and honest folks can help point out the scammer that he really is. And a potty mouth to boot! :Not-Talking:
            I wouldn't hand him squat :PI know what you mean Tod but still..............;)
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Tod? Just one d is all I get? LOL
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

About 3 months ago, I had a slow day at work and decided to email the scam site just out of curiosity. After getting a reply and reading it, I got mad knowing someone was trying to scam me. It was a weird feeling since I initiated the communication but knowing full well that the guy on the other end was lying and 100% scamming just got my blood boiling. So, I emailed him back and forth with tons of questions for a few days just to waste his time, then did it from my other email address a week later. Sometimes, it's the small victories that help! :)

Edit - one ironic thing that came from the conversation is he was trying to sell me a L39 for more than I could buy one from MRC and claiming it was a V2. Pretty funny stuff. Part of the convo below.

Freewing L39 V2
                discount price is 310(USD)
                shipment cost 86(USD).
                Delivery time is 3 to 5 days.
                total amount is 396(USD)
                do you like the price and shipment cost?

Steven
                Sales Dept
                Freewing Model Co.,Ltd
                www.freewing-model.comp

Comment

Tod? Just one d is all I get? LOL
                  Yep one 'D' otherwise you'd be tail heavy!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

LOLLOLLOL

Nicely done!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Thanx for covering my 6 Dan cause it must of been another chemobrain moment.......sorry Todd :Whew:
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Hi All

I am glad i a mate sent me this regarding freewing-model web page being a scam i nearly purchased but it would of been through pay pal..

Mr Leo Yang the sales person was quick to respond and offer to me the price in us dollars for a freewing camo L39.

His price for a pnp was $444.00 US dollars + $112.00 postage.I mentioned i can get for a better price from China including postage.

He then replied WHAT PRICE DO YOU WANT IT AT?

I replied back to Leo and said $300.00 US including postage and i said i want wholesale price,He then sent me the price for 10 or more.

He replied with?

ok.

you can see the wholesale price.

the Minimum order quantity is 10 units with the same name RC airplane.

for example:

you need to order 10 units Freewing A10 80mm ARF plus servos. price is 430(USD) each one

you need to order 10 units Freewing L39 Albatros PNP . price is 280(USD) each.one.

the price is not including shipment cost.

do you understand?

thanks

Leo

Sales Dept

Freewing Model Co.,Ltd

www.freewing-model.com

I then told him i want one for sample before i commit to 10 or more models so i can see the quality.

He then replied back saying
                        Mon, 10 Jun 2019 17:50:49 +0800

Subject:
                        Re: Fwd: Re: Freewing L-39 Albatros Camo 80mm EDF Jet ARF PLUS Servo RC airplane,

our price is 300(usd) including shipment cost.

thanks

I then contacted my mate who advised me that the web page is a scam

After replying back to Leo saying he is a scam he started using profanity and was pissed off Lols.

Comment

I wish someone would track this clown down and shut him down.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I wish someone would track this clown down and shut him down.
                            Hire a Triad. Some of them will work for tofu. ;)

Comment

Just sent this clown an e mail lets have some fun. lol

Comment

Ok, here's the first bit of communication, what should I write in reply? By the way, I'm not Michael Collins, he was an Apollo astronaut. Lol
                                Attached Files

Comment

Spreading the truth to everyone in the hobby about this scammer is our best defense. He is impersonating not only Freewing, but other manufacturers as well.

One day.

Comment

Latest screen shots of the conversation.
                                    I figure Ill try and add some stuff, get him all excited before pulling the plug.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you all for saving me $425. I almost fell for his scam but listened to my instinct when the price seemed "Too good to be true" and when he started asking for my personal information for my paypal account. I have sent a message to Paypal so they can add him to their scammer list. Also, there's another similar website that this guy may have created. It's FMS-model.com. I noticed it but since I wasn't buying anything for my FMS plane I didn't check if it was legit or scam. However, since it's so similar in nomenclature I wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

RuffLander Thank you for posting your experience, RuffLander, and welcome to Hobby Squawk! Please help us continue to spread the word that "Freewing-Model.com" is a scam website, as is "FMS-Model.com". The community's best defense is information. I work directly with Freewing, maintaining an office space there, so I am the most capable of definitively stating that "Freewing-Model.com" is NOT Freewing.

Freewing = Our brothers in arms
                                        Freewing-Model.com = Our common enemy

Anyone trying to impersonate any manufacturer with the lure of a small handful of actual products but mostly empty lies and false tracking numbers is a scammer and common enemy to the entire RC Hobby, because that shady individual undermines the work hundreds of people do to develop, create, and service a worldwide brand of reputable RC products.

Comment

I thought I'd give this thread a bump. We've had two customers complain about this website over the last 2 days. This site is NOT Freewing even though they pretend to be. Please read this entire thread.

Comment

Working...
                                          X