X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contacting general hobby about defective plane

I received a b26 for Christmas from my wife l have been a.scale builder for years .So l know how to build planes from scratch as well as arfs l resontly finished a me262 from Dynam Went together great and runs great . So when b26 was almost ready burbed motors and control a couple of times on third time starboard motors was acting stiff and did not run smooth.took motor off mount super hot l know from inter net what could be wrong .l have tried texting and calling general hobby to no avail has anyone had the same problem and and what's the fix on getting a hold of them to replace bad part.

Originally posted by Terry Olds View Post
    I received a b26 for Christmas from my wife l have been a.scale builder for years .So l know how to build planes from scratch as well as arfs l resontly finished a me262 from Dynam Went together great and runs great . So when b26 was almost ready burbed motors and control a couple of times on third time starboard motors was acting stiff and did not run smooth.took motor off mount super hot l know from inter net what could be wrong .l have tried texting and calling general hobby to no avail has anyone had the same problem and and what's the fix on getting a hold of them to replace bad part.
    Re: the section in red. I'm not sure what you intended to say. Perhaps a typo or lack of punctuation makes it hard to understand. Can you re-state in different words? In the meantime, I'm going to take a guess at what you might be saying. Is the one motor "stuttering" as you increase throttle? If so, this was a common defect in the ESC. There is a fix for this and involves putting the ESC back to factory default to make it run smooth. You should do it to both motors. This may or may not be related to what you are experiencing but take a look:

If it isn't then you'll have to clarify what you said in red.

Comment

I think he is saying that he ran them up three times and that after the third the motor was acting up. R.
      AMA 424553

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Olds View Post
        Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Sorry you're having issues with the B-26, it was a hot mess from the beginning. Too late now but that's why I try to buy everything I can from Motion, they have great customer service.
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post
          I think he is saying that he ran them up three times and that after the third the motor was acting up. R.
          You are a much better interpreter than I. :Cool: My suggestion won't apply in that case. :(

Comment

Sorry if off topic, but what a cool video. I remember having this problem with an edf jet. I had to figure it out with the help of internet. I kept shutting the Tx off before setting the throttle stick to high. The Tx has to stay on all the time. At least with my setup.

Comment

Don't buy foam planes from General Hobby. Get your foam from Motion.

The only reason I deal with General Hobby is because he has some really nice balsa sport planes for a pretty decent price. The reason I say "he" is because from what I have read on the forums, Genera Hobby is basically a one man show.

It takes about 3 weeks to get a plane from him, (them) but what you get for a balsa built plane is well worth the wait.

I have never needed customer service from him,(them) but I can imagine it would be brutal

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                Don't buy foam planes from General Hobby. Get your foam from Motion.

The only reason I deal with General Hobby is because he has some really nice balsa sport planes for a pretty decent price. The reason I say "he" is because from what I have read on the forums, Genera Hobby is basically a one man show.

It takes about 3 weeks to get a plane from him, (them) but what you get for a balsa built plane is well worth the wait.

I have never needed customer service from him,(them) but I can imagine it would be brutal

Takes me one day to get a plane from him

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post

Takes me one day to get a plane from him

Seriously? Wow my luck hasn't been that good. The shortest time has been one week for me

Comment

That's cause I can go there and pick it up

Comment

Yeah that would definitely eliminate shipping time :)

Comment

Working...
                      X