Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning: RANT, LAME customer support Motion RC

Bought THREE EDFs from Motion RC...

None have the ESC instructions, nor in the Motionrc site has any information on the ESC available settings for any of them. And no, am not talking about the programming card, the usual Tx throttle settings.
    Sent a request to Motionrc to pls provide ESC downloadable pdf manual...

Here is MotionRC response;

A: Go on YouTube And pull up motion rc esc programming and it will show you all the beeps

A: Turn Transmitter on, go full throttle, plug battery to ESC, its gonna beep once to acknowledge power, beep 4 times for number of cells, then once more. After the last beep throttle back. Your ESC is now programmed.

Are you kidding me? I spent around $500 no questions asked, first time customer, and this guy cant even provide the Youtube link. What a circus!

All of the Freewing EDFs use HobbyWing Skywalker ESCs. Found the manual with a quick search: http://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/SkywalkerV2.pdf

Comment

Hi MrVoyagerx, welcome to Hobby Squawk! I'm sorry to hear about the service you received from our tech support team. Is the conversation you referenced from an online chat, or an email within the Support Ticket system? In either event, please email in or call in and ask to speak with Martin, the CS Manager. He'll get you the support you deserve and also look into which technician you worked with initially. It's noon on Sunday in the States right now, so please give them until tomorrow to respond.

Also, to clarify, are you looking to calibrate your throttle range, or looking to reprogram the stock settings of the ESC? Martin will ask and then direct you to the appropriate instructions. Unfortunately I can't access YouTube from China right now so I can't forward you the actual link, but it would be under www.youtube.com/MotionRC. Alternatively one of your fellow members here can attach a direct link. Thanks for your patience!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Did the steps like the tech said, but the F22 (upgraded version),feels under powered. Have to toss into the wind, at full throttle and maybe it will make it through. Can barely do alpha,on a 2200mah 60c 4S heavy duty, balanced charged on a Hitec X2. No landing gear, landing on grass.

The Stinger arrived with a dinged fuselage and elevator, opened a case for that one, since Friday, and no response, ignored...

Comment

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post
          Did the steps like the tech said, but the F22 (upgraded version),feels under powered. Have to toss into the wind, at full throttle and maybe it will make it through. Can barely do alpha,on a 2200mah 60c 4S heavy duty, balanced charged on a Hitec X2. No landing gear, landing on grass.

The Stinger arrived with a dinged fuselage and elevator, opened a case for that one, since Friday, and no response, ignored...
          Open up a case on Friday and it's Monday. They aren't open on the weekends.

What is the battery brand?

Even my F-15 from Eflite 64mm I have to toss at full through. There's no reason why you wouldn't toss it under full throttler, this isn't a prop plane.
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

THE ESCs come pre-programed correctly for the motor in the PNF/ARF/RTF models. The only thing needed is calibrating throttle range... maybe. (can crank the throttle ATV/endpoints in the TX to deal with that)

I always use the TX programming. (If I don't think it works on default value... 90% of the time, the default for my Spektrum radio is fine)
            Find the value that just stops the motor from spinning and dial just a little more n the low end. Dial the high end until I don't get a higher watt meter reading and go a little more.

this has not worked on EXACTLY ONE plane from MotionRC.
            The OEM ESC from my Dynam Tiger Moth won't spin the prop until 50% throttle stick, even going through the beep code programming or using the programming card. Its a bad ESC.
            I stuck in a spare I had from other models and called it good. didn't even turn it in as a problem to MotionRC.

I have a lot of spare ESCs from PNF/BNF/RTF models that are "no longer with us" or were replaced with Castle ESCs.

I pulled the OEM ESCs from the Freewing F-14 and stuck in Castle HV ESCs. Not because I don't trust the OEM ESCS (they are going in a Top Flite B-25) but because the Castle ESCs can run the motors to a higher RPM.
            FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

As thisguy65 said, the Tech Support team is closed on the weekends, so cases opened on Friday may not be answered until Monday depending on the order in which they were received. I answered you on Sunday night because I work from Asia. If they haven't answered you yet by now (it's Monday night in the States), call them in the morning.

If you have a wattmeter, that will help identify concretely if your throttle needs to calibrated, or your battery is sagging, etc. As for the hand toss at full throttle, that's normal for any 64mm EDF especially of a scale jet, because the EDF is buried inside the fuselage so it needs airflow to grab in order to accelerate it out the backend. A strong toss is what gives the EDF enough air to ingest to begin moving forward on its own accord.

Another factor to consider is your altitude. Where are you located? Thinner air and higher elevations can impact EDF performance.

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

they responded to another case over the weekend, and yes it is their problem.

Does the instructions say how to throw it?

I have a Electrifly F20, more than 10 yrs old, snd the instructions say 3/4 throttle. This is 2019, does it need someone like me to figure that such information is valuable?

The Stinger 64mm on 4S w hand launch at 3/4 throttle. And like he said, something along those lines of, this is no prop plane, 100% power required etc.

​​​​​​I finally did get a response, and seems fair enough.

IMO, the plane should be sold bare, only servos installed. The electronics are so so ok for what it is, I would not describe it as the 4S version and so great in the site.

The electronics from the Durafly Tundra, the E-flite Sukhoi and even the 10yr old Electrifly, are way better than the ones that come w this PNP, in my opinion. This brandless ESC thats what they are unbranded mass produced cheap stuff. Am swapping the ESC from my Tundra and putting it on the F22, and that says a lot...

Comment

I’ve been flying since Nov 2018. Even I know how to throw it...never once read any instructions. Kinda logical to full throttle a EDF before throwing and holding it around the CG point.. Prop plane is different because of tq roll.

Says a lot you trust a brand known to have problems.

Is this a mass produce item? Yes. Will mass produce items some time have a bad part, yes.
                  Planes
                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

The same logic Electrifly used when selling their F20 3/4, included in the manual... higher wing load, heavier plane, toss underhand everyday.

*Lesson learned about those reviews on their site and even here, lots of missing information.

Comment

Show me one UMX plane or Eflite hand launch plane that tells you how to throw the darn thing. You won’t because there’s not one.

lots of misinformation? Show me.
                      Planes

Comment

You really seem like you are just looking for someone to blame. The 4s 64mm F22 is a great jet. Me and a flying buddy fly one about every time we go. Plenty of power for that size jet but it does, of course, need a good toss at 100% throttle to get it going.

Did you have a problem with the ESC or just swapping it out for no real reason?

Comment

HiMrVoyagerx,

I'm sorry to hear you did not receive the relevant information when you called to ask for the instruction manual for your ESCs. I have been offline since Tuesday so I have been able to deal with your issue. Please call Motion RC and ask to speak to Martin.. However, if you let me know which ESCs you have and I will direct you to the relevant instruction manuals. Once again I am sorry I am only now dealing with your issue.

Regard,

Martin Bedding,

Motion RC Customer Service Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                            Show me one UMX plane or Eflite hand launch plane that tells you how to throw the darn thing. You won’t because there’s not one.

lots of misinformation? Show me.
                            ask and you shall receive

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...GKFmWiAdJLmNtR (download pdf, fyi)

*anyhow, am still having lots of fun w the plane after some hot glue, lol, am hooked and I mean bad, ja ja LOL:Scared: and I think this is likeany RTR or RTF, its just to get you to fly it, but some take some work. I think I had much higher expectations and did not follow across what I have done w Baja large scale buggies or Losi trucks, none are ready out of the box and if so followed by a list of broken parts or need replaced.

Most say, I do get compliments on how the plane looks and flies even the older senior guys who just fly glow prop planes were enjoying it and asking questions. Its weird, as if I almost ranked up among them, ja ja...
                            People stop to ask what plane it is and where I bought it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx View Post

ask and you shall receive

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...GKFmWiAdJLmNtR (download pdf, fyi)

*anyhow, am still having lots of fun w the plane after some hot glue, lol, am hooked and I mean bad, ja ja LOL:Scared: and I think this is likeany RTR or RTF, its just to get you to fly it, but some take some work. I think I had much higher expectations and did not follow across what I have done w Baja large scale buggies or Losi trucks, none are ready out of the box and if so followed by a list of broken parts or need replaced.

Most say, I do get compliments on how the plane looks and flies even the older senior guys who just fly glow prop planes were enjoying it and asking questions. Its weird, as if I almost ranked up among them, ja ja...
                              People stop to ask what plane it is and where I bought it.
                              I asked for EFLITE or UMX (which is Eflite.). food for though, in your radio setup the plane as if it has flaps. This opens up the flap menu and give a mix ( on a switch for flap 0% and UP elevator 5%). Or any % you want. Flip the switch and full throttle. Throw it and the plane will climb giving you more time to get back on the stick. Get up in the air the flip switch off. Works very well
                              Planes

Comment

Thisguy65, always happens when people shoot from the holster...

Eflite, sorry buddy but you asked for it.

Here you go, spoon fed. You realize you are just on troll mode w the questions and demandsm :Cool:
                                :Sweating:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Link?

Calling the kettle black there bud.

I never demanded anything, you on the other hand...

if you look look at the instructions you’ll notice once you get in to advance (not first timer planes) they don’t have instructions on how to take off or land.
                                  Planes

Comment

Okay folks the chess match is over. Don't make me close the thread. (That's the forum equivalent of saying "Don't make me pull this car over!!")

Civility and diplomacy win the day on Hobby Squawk.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                      Okay folks the chess match is over. Don't make me close the thread. (That's the forum equivalent of saying "Don't make me pull this car over!!")

Civility and diplomacy win the day on Hobby Squawk.

Yes ....Dad

Are we there yet? LOL
                                      Planes

Comment

Originally posted by MrVoyagerx

Am tired of looking stuff for you, find yourself another tool, am not. Now you are not asking.... what is this, once they hit senior age is back to teenager attitude? No, I did not say this, yes you did, OMG. Another senile episode...

Link? What a troll F16 UMX buddy, YOU look it up

What UMX plane is advanced and needs to be thrown?

AROS, go for it:Cool:
                                        UMX Mig needs to be throw.

I NEVER demanded anything from you, merely asking. Sorry if your too sensitive.

BTW I’m 31

Aros, my friend, I’m done with this guy.
                                        Planes

Comment

Working...
                                        X