You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another DISAPPOINTING, BORING product announcement from Horizon!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another DISAPPOINTING, BORING product announcement from Horizon!

I guess I was just hoping for a 78" war bird... Oh well
    The E-flite X-VERT VTOL (Vertical TakeOff and Landing) park flyer's simple, tail-sitter design and SAFE technology make it easy for almost anyone to enjoy its amazing flight capabilities. You can have this Bind-N-Fly Basic version flying in no time.

BORING, if you are gonna go VTOL, give me an Osprey, or an F-35 that functions like the real thing(without the cost overruns and failures) I refuse to buy any more LX junk from Bananafruit, and the only other V-22 I have seen is like 1500.00. No Thanks!!!!

Comment

Earth Shaking...
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

In the world of toys, this is the toy of all toys. May as well take any cheapo HobbyKing flying wing and make wingtip triangles for it so it can sit nose pointed to the sky.
        As for the Osprey, I would consider the Banana offering. It's just too expensive for what you get and it looks like it even has the flight controller out of the Eflite Convergence. Well, probably a clone of a clone of a clone anyway. It sounds and does what my Convergence does.
        VTOL V-22 Osprey RC Warbird Airplane from BananaHobby.com. Shop our selection of RC Airplanes to find your Warbird or Military RC Plane including the VTOL V-22 Osprey Radio Controlled Warbird Airplane and other quality Warbirds & Militaries

Comment

YAWN!!!:Yawn2::Yawn2::Yawn2:

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Well, for guys like most of us here that is not our thing. Youngsters will think it's really cool and they will sell to that market. I even have a workmate in his 30's that thinks things like that are pretty cool so not just the really young will be drawn to them. It may be the future for a lot of folks for RC. I can only guess Horizon is tapping that market niche. Who knows, when I was a teenager and they looked like The Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5 or Space 2000 I might have bought one.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
              Well, for guys like most of us here that is not our thing. Youngsters will think it's really cool and they will sell to that market. I even have a workmate in his 30's that thinks things like that are pretty cool so not just the really young will be drawn to them. It may be the future for a lot of folks for RC. I can only guess Horizon is tapping that market niche. Who knows, when I was a teenager and they looked like The Thunderbirds, Fireball XL5 or Space 2000 I might have bought one.
              Point well made Beeg. I suppose, looking at it from that standpoint, it might be a winner for them. Us old hands though, who like the meat and potatoes and leave the pudding pops for the kiddees, are not as impressed. I can see where, as a teenager, I may have bought into it.
              We all do stupid things as childrenLOLLOLLOL

Comment

yea after getting the convergence I will not get anything like this again unless it is the Osprey and a proven design. This thing here is a piece of work for sure. Airhogs had something like this it was called the switch. My nephew had one with the prop guard on it as well never flew. It would hover but as soon as you went and did the transition fell out of the sky. I am sure this will fly but so ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by bradl4648 View Post
                  yea after getting the convergence I will not get anything like this again unless it is the Osprey and a proven design. This thing here is a piece of work for sure. Airhogs had something like this it was called the switch. My nephew had one with the prop guard on it as well never flew. It would hover but as soon as you went and did the transition fell out of the sky. I am sure this will fly but so ugly.
                  The Convergence has been a nightmare for many, many owners. If the Banana Osprey is using the same flight controller, I'm not optimistic on a trouble free experience. I've just repaired my Convergence for the second time and have finally figured out (more or less) how to do flights with it and NOT give the controller a brain fart. It requires a lot a planning and flipping of switches at the right moment to keep it from falling out of the sky. Transition from airplane to hover is the trickiest and that's when the brains of the thing goes nuts.

Comment

That was a total waste of my time. I tuned into the live broadcast yesterday and now I'm mad that I won't get that 45 minutes of my life back. :)

Comment

Young kids and old kid RC'ers have widely ranging ideas of what is "fun" or interesting. Some are thrilled cobbling simple inexpensive sport models from sheet foam or balsa. Some get their kicks building super detailed intricate and expensive scale models, some buy expensive ready-made sailplanes from Europe and enjoy glider competition. Some seem to want to buy the foamie warbird model of the month, don't know where they store 'em. I think that those who have never built and flown a model that they have built, tweaked and covered with their own two hands will never experience the full thrill of a maiden flight.

Comment

And sales were so poor that this has already been discontinued.

Comment

I think I have some paint I need to watch dry...

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                            And sales were so poor that this has already been discontinued.
                            You sure about that? They're available and in stock at Horizon right now, pretty much a year after your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandiferous93 View Post

You sure about that? They're available and in stock at Horizon right now, pretty much a year after your post.
                              It was discontinued for a while but it's been brought back.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

It was discontinued for a while but it's been brought back.
                                I don't remember these being so cheap. Maybe they decided to make a few more before they retired the molds and now they're blowing them out the door.

Comment

Hmm, I have to say Hobbyking has been killing it lately. First the 6s 70mm Skysword, the the Avios C-130 and now the Grumman Albatross . Got to give them props....If it wasn’t for FMS Horizon would be on the skids.

Comment

Question for Alpha: Where and who are Manufacturing Avios planes???

Comment

Before he answers (if he answers), I think these guys manufactures rc planes for LX retailers, Banana Hobby (BlitzRCWorks) and several models for HobbyKing (Durafly and others). I wouldn't be all that surprised if they were behind Avios production for HobbyKing. I could be dead wrong but it's all a guess anyway.

Comment

Durafly is the manufacture for Avios
                                        AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                                        X