Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surrey Models

Anybody heard of this company looks like they have some impressive warbirds
    Surrey Models UK sole distributor and supplier of LX Models range including large high scale RC Planes, RC edf Jets, RC Warbirds etc Tel, +44 (0)1276 857107

F4u with mechanical folding wings

Comment

LX models
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Banana Hobby sells many of these models. They brand them BlitzRCWorks and as TiredIron said, many of them are LX, which are also sold from some of the smaller shops in China. Having had some LX models (because they looked "impressive"), I would be very cautious and reluctant to buy anymore unless I was prepared to do a complete refurbish and reinforcement of everything out of the box. I had one of their A-10s that I just recently took out to the trash in 2 garbage bags - too low quality to sell, didn't want to give it away, didn't want to fly it anymore, salvaged all the guts for another plane). My SR-71 was given away after a few flights. I just had no more patience with it - poorly made, weak retracts, underpowered, flew weird. I'm waiting for my LX YF-23 at the moment. It was cheap and I'm NOT expecting a lot from it so I know I'll have to spend some time to make it what it should be.

Comment

Thanks for the info I will heed your advice and stick with flightline I guess looks are decieving

Comment

I've bought some planes from them and they are really nice guys.
            The 1600 corsair with Folding wings is indeed an LX models. I bought one and it was OK at best. Like a lot of LX models the plane looks really nice and they are rammed with features and details but the big let down is quality. I had to replace a few servos, the landing gear was temperamental, the gear doors were very difficult to set up right and it was very underpowered. The battery box/motor mount needs modding from the get go to fit a decent size battery and be a lot stronger than the factory supplied parts.
            I had a good number of flights with mine before I sold it and never had a problem with the wing folding joint or box but some have lost planes with it coming out of the wing.
            Its a nice Plane to look at but the quality is lacking some what especially compared to freewing or flight lines latest offerings.

Comment

In stock form, I call LX models "one flight wonders". Then the modding and repairing begins.

Comment

My two LX planes (B-25, F4U 1600mm ) are both being repaired, got used so got them cheap and are as Xviper and Porkster stated, they are nice to look at but you will need to rework the electronics and reinforce the wings. Getting parts for them from Banana hobby is your greatest hurtle and don't take the photos they show as to what you're getting. R.
                AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                X