X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motion rc customer support

mOTION RC CUSTOMER SUPPORT is rumored to be outstanding. Brad and I had a long, difficult discussion. I ordered and received 2 EC3 to Deans adapters. They would not fit properly. Finally, Brad told me their adapters would fit only E-Flight LiPo batteries. I do not own any. I presumed, Incorrectly, that EC3 connectors would fit. INCORRECT......I will not use EC3 connectors again. MRC is going to allow me to return the product I purchased, but Brad was a long, long discussion. Apparently there are many manufactures of EC3 connectors. The adapters they sold me would not fit ANY of my existing connectors. A very time consuming discussion. I don't plan to purchase from them again..........

Just curious. How don't they fit? I didn't think that Eflite EC3's are any different than other EC3's. I've got a couple of the Eflite batteries and I use adapters from various sources and they all fit. Didn't even have to force them on.
    In fact, I use 2 different kinds of EC3 to Deans on my Convergence.

Comment

I'm also curious. I've used their EC3 to Dean adapters on ALL of my E-Flight planes (20 of them) and have never had a problem. I'm using Admiral, Venon and HBC batteries.

Comment

I have EC3 and "clone EC3" connectors from several brands and they all plug up without issues...

You can even get EC3 female (battery side) to plug into XT-60 male (ESC side) My parallel boards for charging have EC5, XT-60, Deans and I've never needed an adapter to plug the EC3 batteries into them. (just a little wiggling because its a tight fit)
        FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair 167 View Post
          mOTION RC CUSTOMER SUPPORT is rumored to be outstanding. Brad and I had a long, difficult discussion. I ordered and received 2 EC3 to Deans adapters. They would not fit properly. Finally, Brad told me their adapters would fit only E-Flight LiPo batteries. I do not own any. I presumed, Incorrectly, that EC3 connectors would fit. INCORRECT......I will not use EC3 connectors again. MRC is going to allow me to return the product I purchased, but Brad was a long, long discussion. Apparently there are many manufactures of EC3 connectors. The adapters they sold me would not fit ANY of my existing connectors. A very time consuming discussion. I don't plan to purchase from them again..........
          Which one did you buy and which plane are you trying to use it in?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 3.29.46 PM.png
Views:	445
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	150200
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

The first post indicated "Brad told me their adapters would fit only E-Flight LiPo batteries", which to me, would say that he's trying to make an Eflite battery (with EC3 female) work in a plane with Deans (male). This would then mean we're talking about the one on the right - EC3 male (battery end) to Deans female (plugs into ESC). I've had Deans go together with much difficulty and ended up wrecking the little tabs in the male end. It's not that they didn't fit. It's just that I didn't take the effort to fit them properly. I think there's more to this story than we're being told. For someone to shut out a hobby shop on account of less than 5 bucks worth of stuff is odd. And why such a "long, difficult" discussion over it? And why not answer how they "don't fit"? The truth is out there and there's more to this. We're never going to find out.

Comment

I have never and I have pushed them, not on purpose, had any reason to stop shopping at MRC. 41/2 years and I've seen a few say the type of things your saying . They don't give up on customers til they are happy . I don't live far from you and will gladly try to help to figure out the issue if you would like . Haven't seen one that can't be figured out yet .

Bryan
              But Crashing is Landing

Comment

[QUOTE=Hippie 64;n150219]

I have never and I have pushed them, not on purpose, had any reason to stop shopping at MRC. 41/2 years and I've seen a few say the type of things your saying . They don't give up on customers til they are happy . I don't live far from you and will gladly try to help to figure out the issue if you would like . Haven't seen one that can't be figured out yet .

Bryan
                the issue is that the EC3 connecter does not mate properly with any other EC3's on the batteries I own. Or any of the extra EC3's not yet installed. However,I was told they would only fit E-flight products and Admiral is that brand. of battery they carry. I did not know that fact. I presumed the all EC3 would fit, not just brand specific. Maybe this was part of the "learning curve" for electric aircraft. Thank you for the offer to help,

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
                  I have EC3 and "clone EC3" connectors from several brands and they all plug up without issues...

You can even get EC3 female (battery side) to plug into XT-60 male (ESC side) My parallel boards for charging have EC5, XT-60, Deans and I've never needed an adapter to plug the EC3 batteries into them. (just a little wiggling because its a tight fit)
                  the purchased connectors were not making contact. they bottomed out about 3/16" from a flush fit.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                    The first post indicated "Brad told me their adapters would fit only E-Flight LiPo batteries", which to me, would say that he's trying to make an Eflite battery (with EC3 female) work in a plane with Deans (male). This would then mean we're talking about the one on the right - EC3 male (battery end) to Deans female (plugs into ESC). I've had Deans go together with much difficulty and ended up wrecking the little tabs in the male end. It's not that they didn't fit. It's just that I didn't take the effort to fit them properly. I think there's more to this story than we're being told. For someone to shut out a hobby shop on account of less than 5 bucks worth of stuff is odd. And why such a "long, difficult" discussion over it? And why not answer how they "don't fit"? The truth is out there and there's more to this. We're never going to find out.

I've had issues with Motion previously and this was a long chat with their rep....Brad. told him they would not fit . He insisted the the connection on my none E-flight battery was the issue. Take it up with the battery people to tell THEM they have a connection problem.

Comment

I have 2 non e-flight batteries and you are correct abut the Right hand adapter. But neither adapter will fit the batteries

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
                        I'm also curious. I've used their EC3 to Dean adapters on ALL of my E-Flight planes (20 of them) and have never had a problem. I'm using Admiral, Venon and HBC batteries.
                        That is because all their product is geared to Eflight

Comment

Just curious. How don't they fit? I didn't think that Eflite EC3's are any different than other EC3's. I've got a couple of the Eflite batteries and I use adapters from various sources and they all fit. Didn't even have to force them on.
                          In fact, I use 2 different kinds of EC3 to Deans on my Convergence.
                          I too have found out about "not all EC3's being equal"

Comment

Sourcing products in China for Motion RC, I can confirm having seen factories here with my own eyes that there is a wide variety of plugs, all of which are purportedly the "same", which are actually produced by different suppliers. The reason for this is often because cloners will copy a copy of a copy, or simply due to poor molds, or the use of poor materials or workmanship. In any case, the result is that physical tolerances can potentially suffer to the point that the part no longer fits consistently well with other parts. This has been seen for years with cloned Deans, Hitecs, Tamiyas, and several other popular connectors like EC and XT. Many of the cloned connectors fit just fine with other suppliers' connectors, as mentioned above and as we've probably all personally experienced, but the risk nevertheless remains that some may not.

To prevent those products from entering our product stream, all of our mainline connectors used in both our batteries and our airplanes are purchased from original manufacturers, and we always order from those same suppliers instead of changing suppliers frequently. We also check the fit with the brands that we sell: Eflite, Admiral, etc, and our airplanes largely utilize the matching male connector from the same connector supplier as the battery's female connector which is installed at the respective factories (Freewing, Dynam, etc). By these ways we attempt to maximize the use of paired connectors and adapters from a single supply chain, and thereby eliminate a customer's frustration from anything bought from us not being able to fit with something bought from us.

Corsair167, I sincerely apologize for your experience with our tech support team. Please understand that they are trained to service our products, and may not always be able to accurately troubleshoot over the phone or fully account for the multitudinous variations that may be influencing the problem a customer is experiencing. Brad is an earnest and passionate RC nut like lalthe of us, and a valued team member. I hope you give us another opportunity to earn your business.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I've had issues with Motion previously and this was a long chat with their rep....Brad. told him they would not fit . He insisted the the connection on my none E-flight battery was the issue. Take it up with the battery people to tell THEM they have a connection problem.
                              Why don't you post some pictures of this problem?
                              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Alpha FTW.
                                Done!

Comment

Alpha explained this well but I'll add in my 2 cents. The company using the largest volume of EC3 connectors would be E-Flite/Horizon/Parkzone. We made sure our batteries and planes are using the same exact connector from the same manufacturer in order to ensure compatibility with the most EC3 on the market. This is what Brad was trying to explain. As Alpha said, there are a load of EC3 clones on the market and sometimes the clones are not compatible with each other or the original. I'm really sorry they don't fit what you have but please know we've gone to great lengths to ensure compatibility with the majority of EC3 connectors the market.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Why don't you post some pictures of this problem?
                                    ya'll know what an EC3 connector looks like

Comment

I spent a lot of time with Brad on the chat line and he asked good questions at first. The I gave him the order number and part numbers. Although I was upset because of little understanding on Brad';s part, he DID allow for the return of the parts.So, the difficultly was solved. I have not yet received my refund but I intend to purchase some Beacon Adhesives from them..............It;s good stuff. BTW I told them the connectors would not fit, Brad just would not or just did not understand the situation, Most hobby shops carry connectors that must be checked too.

Comment

ya'll know what an EC3 connector looks like
                                        Yes I do that's why I don't understand why it won't fit...I have EC3 connectors from every company imaginable and they all work perfectly with each other, a picture of the issue may help us help you.
                                        TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                        X