X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred Battery Chargers?

A few days ago, my trusty old Thunder Power TP1430C kicked the bucket, and is reading incorrect voltages. I was curious what you all were running for chargers, and likes/dislikes. Would be nice to get something that does more than one battery once, but its not a must. I mostly run 6S packs, and already have a 540W power supply laying around. Any thoughts or recommendations are appreciated!

Icharger 406 or 4010, I have both and you can't go wrong for any of your charging needs. R.
    AMA 424553

Comment

After going through several different chargers over the last 9 years, I'm currently running 2 of these ...............................................

And an older SkyRC 200 watt X2. All 3 are hooked up to 2 power supplies - a Turnigy and an eFuel. I can charge 6 batteries at once. The Revos are very powerful, very smart and can balance charge batteries that other chargers simply quit due to unequal cells. Once the SkyRC craps out, I'll stick with just the 2 Revos.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! The price on the Revo charger is great for the capability. Also finding myself looking at the SkyRC D400 from Motion. Looks to be a great deal, especially with the power supply included.

Comment

I've been using my Reakor Quad with 2000watt power supply for a couple years and have no problems with it. I will push out four 6s in no time if you want it to,
          Turnigy Reaktor series of high-power balanced chargers provide charging for all types of batteries including LiIo, LiPo, LiFe, LiHV, NiCd, NiMH, NiZN and Pb.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeg View Post
            I've been using my Reakor Quad with 2000watt power supply for a couple years and have no problems with it. I will push out four 6s in no time if you want it to,
            https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turbo-ch...version-2.html
            Beeg.......I agree ;)
            I picked up one of those in the rebuild process of my lost support equipment.
            Reason for selecting that unit is because I saw it being used by a prominent member of the Squawk at 2017 eWeek.
            Was quite impressed on how quiet the fans were and the strong recommendations of it's performance in 6S charging by owner.
            It also helped that HK was blowing them out the door at a sale price of $204 and free shipping which equated to almost a 25% savings.
            This from one that really favored the SkyRC high power equipment.
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I also have a 540W PSU and I use the SkyRC D200 in DC mode. I don't use the soldering iron feature very often, but the charger itself has been a rock solid dual channel charger for over 2 years now. The biggest factor for me is safety. SkyRC chargers do a great job at detecting faulty or "borderline" batteries with unbalanced cells, and it has internal circuitry and logic to prevent over charging. It also has WiFi which is handy for monitoring and viewing battery health. Overall a good charger.

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                Beeg.......I agree ;)
                I picked up one of those in the rebuild process of my lost support equipment.
                Reason for selecting that unit is because I saw it being used by a prominent member of the Squawk at 2017 eWeek.
                Was quite impressed on how quiet the fans were and the strong recommendations of it's performance in 6S charging by owner.
                It also helped that HK was blowing them out the door at a sale price of $204 and free shipping which equated to almost a 25% savings.
                This from one that really favored the SkyRC high power equipment.
                Thanks Charlie and Beeg! I looked over all the options, and especially with the current HK sale, this seems like the way to go. Their 1200w power supply was on sale as well, so I picked up both for about $350 total.

Comment

PRC Home - FPV Racing Drones, Fat Shark, Tiny Whoop - iCharger, iSDT, & FMA Battery Chargers - Mean Well & Iota Power Supplies - ProgressiveRC

Comment

I just received this Pulse Smart Battery Charger yesterday and I'm also using Pulse Smart batteries.

Comment

Working...
                    X