X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been reading and can't figure it out

Ok I am like most of us that have 2200's laying around in abundance 4s & 3s . My question is if I go up to a 2600 but the C rate drops from 35 to 30 am I still gaining an advantage going up ? I understand the AMP jump will give a little most power and still not hurt my ESC but have I lost what I am trying to gain with the drop in C rating ?

Bryan
    But Crashing is Landing

The higher C discharge rating should represent a reduction in internal resistance. That results in two direct effects: slightly less Voltage loss in the battery at a given current load, which results in lower internal heating of the battery. There are sometimes more subtle side effects: with less internal Voltage loss, the reading will be higher at a similar state of charge (under load), so a bit more rpm in the motor; also, you may have a little more 'punch' near the end of charge for those 'Oh, no' moments that may need a short burst of power. You've been around long enough that you know to take the C rating with a grain, and 35 to 30 isn't much of a change (if at all, in reality). That's why I use a meter to verify those ratings. Going from a true 25 to a true 35 makes those secondary effects more noticeable.

A 2600 at 30 C is 78A, while a 2200 at 35 C is 77A, so really not much change there, either, so you would mostly gain a little weight and duration going to 2600.

You can still buy 30 rated batteries?LOL

Comment

I've been doing this for years and this battery stuff still confuses me!:Confused:Doc

Comment

When Wintrsol speaks..........
        Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

Yeah...The guy knows his stuff!;)Doc

Comment

Thanks... When it comes to some of this it drives me crazy . Yes the Admiral on the website shows 3S 2200 35C ----- 3S 2400 or 2600 30C .

Bryan
            But Crashing is Landing

Comment

Working...
            X