X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NIMH Batteries

What do you guys know about them? Using a couple for my balsa Zero for the RX and Landing gear controller but what should a full charge be per cell? For instance I have a 2000mAh 5S NIMH. The cell checker shows 99% at 6.5V. I have read that 1.4-1.6V per cell should be fully charged but that gives me a range of 7V to 8V and when I put my charger into NIMH Auto mode and charge at 1.0c It will charge it up and doesn't seem to ever stop like a LiPo does when fully charged.

So anyone know the exact numbers to look for with NIMH?

Originally posted by James View Post
    What do you guys know about them? Using a couple for my balsa Zero for the RX and Landing gear controller but what should a full charge be per cell? For instance I have a 2000mAh 5S NIMH. The cell checker shows 99% at 6.5V. I have read that 1.4-1.6V per cell should be fully charged but that gives me a range of 7V to 8V and when I put my charger into NIMH Auto mode and charge at 1.0c It will charge it up and doesn't seem to ever stop like a LiPo does when fully charged.

So anyone know the exact numbers to look for with NIMH?

NiMH (Nickel-Metal Hydride) batteries have different charging characteristics compared to LiPo (Lithium Polymer) batteries. NiMH batteries typically have a nominal cell voltage of 1.2V, so a 5S NiMH pack would have a nominal voltage of 6V (5 cells * 1.2V).

Comment

That question was three years old... Nominal is not fully charged... Fully charged would be about 7.2V.

Comment

Working...
      X