Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New paint schemes

Campaigning for new paint schemes for 80mm F-5 and nose conversion to F-5B
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Is this jet a Freewing Flop or does anybody really like this jet. I own three of them, two camo and one swiss but I am hoping MRC would breathe some new life into this plane and change up their aggressor paint schemes to stimulate sales, shake things up a bit like they did with the Alaskan F-16, got it, love it.
    My Hangar inventory FW 90 mm hp F-15, FW 90 mm F-104, FW 90 mm T-45, FW 80 70mm F-5, FW 80 mm Scorpion, 70 mm V2 Z Rebel, F-8 Bearcat and a stable of T-28, white and Orange and yellow

Comment

Hi there Apache Jets, the Freewing 80mm F-5 was a success for its time, but frankly speaking has begun to show its ~5 year age compared to our more recent 80mm birds such as the Avanti, L-39, and A-4. We don't have any plans to issue a repaint of the F-5, though there continues to be enough customer demand to warrant keeping the production lines open.

The best flights I saw on our F-5 was Xplaneguy's flights on his Swiss F-5. A blast to fly, and film!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
        Is this jet a Freewing Flop or does anybody really like this jet. I own three of them, two camo and one swiss but I am hoping MRC would breathe some new life into this plane and change up their aggressor paint schemes to stimulate sales, shake things up a bit like they did with the Alaskan F-16, got it, love it.
        I love this jet, and I really like the paint work you have suggested, seriously. Incidentally that's probably a really bad thing.

Woody

Comment

Hi Alpha, I was waiting for you to chime in. I love this jet, I still have the same one I bought when it first came out. You wouldn't even consider a new aggressor blue/grey or grey/grey schemes. It doesn't seem like a change of color would be that big of a project change. The decal sheet wouldn't change much either.

Comment

I'm still flying my Freewing F-5, though I did take changing up the paint scheme into my own hands;-) It is a very nice flying jet.

Comment

There are always more paint schemes.

and there's always a brush or rattle can and masking materials to do the different scheme.
              FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

I owned two of these aircraft and it's usually my "Go-to" jet once I've gotten in the groove at the field. I've never had any issues with it and have logged around 100+ flights on mine. I kind of felt the same way about the aggressor schemes too, The ones at NAS Fallon are pretty dang cool, but I don't think some of them would translate well to RC flying for orientation.. Last time my squadron was down at NAS Key West, I got the privilege of sharing hangars with VFC-111 and copied one of their MANY schemes they had down there!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  Hi there Apache Jets, the Freewing 80mm F-5 was a success for its time, but frankly speaking has begun to show its ~5 year age compared to our more recent 80mm birds such as the Avanti, L-39, and A-4. We don't have any plans to issue a repaint of the F-5, though there continues to be enough customer demand to warrant keeping the production lines open.

The best flights I saw on our F-5 was Xplaneguy's flights on his Swiss F-5. A blast to fly, and film!
                  So in other words are you saying that older models like the F-5 are not worth the investment of a new paint scheme? If there were to be a newer V2 would it be a lot more justifiable?

Comment

Well, I think and F-5 is cool, and will be cool for some time to come. Thank goodness Freewing has already made it LOL. But if we want new paint, we're all just going to have to paint it ourselves. I was considering a Marage, but didn't really like that silly tiger paint job on it. If I get it, I'll just have to give it a proper paint job. If you want it, and you can get it, your're probably going to have to mod it yourself. Sign of the times.

W

Comment

Originally posted by rctobes View Post
                      I owned two of these aircraft and it's usually my "Go-to" jet once I've gotten in the groove at the field. I've never had any issues with it and have logged around 100+ flights on mine. I kind of felt the same way about the aggressor schemes too, The ones at NAS Fallon are pretty dang cool, but I don't think some of them would translate well to RC flying for orientation.. Last time my squadron was down at NAS Key West, I got the privilege of sharing hangars with VFC-111 and copied one of their MANY schemes they had down there!
                      Your plane looks great! Very nice and realistic weathering, one of the best I've seen. In my opinion to many go completely over the top with this sort of thing.

Woody

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	196350 I put one of these together last year, but lost it to a power failure:Angry:. I may do another at some point. One cool little jet.

Comment

I think more sales success will be found in this jet if they updated the power system like they did for the mirage. I want to let motion rc know that because there was speculation of that I was waiting for that to happen or they could offer a arf plus again. I really want this jet!

Comment

Hey Alpha, if a new paint scheme isn't in the line up for a 80 mm F-5, how about a V2 redesign with a 70mm 6s fan like you did with the V2 F-16, great flying aircraft by the way! with the option of the tandem cockpit.

Comment

Working...
                            X