X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 raptor 8's deluxe version

I have recently purchased an F-22 deluxe version 8 cell and I'm absolutely thrilled at the craftsmanship control arms everything total totally amazed.I have never flown a plane with flaps and I noticed on the instructions and the videos that they trim the elevator to a slight down elevator with full flap deploy I'm not sure what down means in relationship to the movement of the flap if someone could clear that up I don't want to crash this beauty

The manual says to make a slight elevator compensation with flaps. Most of us have found that there is ZERO need for any elevator compensation.

Comment

I'm with Evan on this but I'll extend his statement to ALL planes with flaps. Elevator compensation is a convenience for those who are not deploying flaps in the proper manner. IE, they deploy flaps rapidly (with no delay programmed in) at a speed that is too fast to comfortably handle the deployment. A real airplane deploys flaps when the plane has slowed down from it's cruising speed (or above). If deployed properly, elevator compensation is minimal and can easily be done manually.
      That aside, what is meant by "down elevator" compensation is like what you would do with the elevator stick - you give it "DOWN" stick to make the plane go nose down or dive. When most flaps are deployed (and there are exceptions to this), especially when done rapidly or at too high a speed, the plane "balloons" (or goes up), hence some "down elevator" is needed to counter-act this. Depending on the plane, the deployment speed and the speed of the plane at the time of deployment, this ballooning can be sudden and very noticeable to "not a big deal". Pilot knowledge, skill and ability can usually negate the need for this elevator compensation.

Comment

I need to add some counter weight on 8s to preserve cg at 150mm like requested.is it the same for you?
        ​​​​​​

Comment

I did not. Tail or nose weight?

Comment

Tail. I used 5000mah graphen pack 610gr each one.

Comment

First flight today and very impresse.it flight so nice with od 8s version....but an issue cause some nose gears' damage i lose the nose wheel ?!!!!! Not so nice so verify the screw before first flight and i should not mix elevator with mid flap and negative adjuste for full flap arround 3 mm...for my configuration. I love it !

Comment

Working...
              X