Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of power after crash repair

Hello everyone,

I recently crashed my FMS Super EZ nose first and repaired it with stock FMS parts from MRC. Today I went to fly the plane and it was very underpowered. The battery was fully charged and all systems functioned properly. The set up today was no different from all other previous flights. Is it possible to have a motor that functions but will not function to it's fullest? I am wondering if I damaged the motor during the nose first crash without realizing it. Let me know your thoughts

It's quite possible you did damage the shaft bearings which is causing friction and drag on the motor. With the battery disconnected, spin the prop by hand and see how it feels.

Comment

The motor / prop spin about one and a half rotations freely. Unfortunately I do not know how well the motor / prop spun before the crash.

Comment

G'day 8416w,
        Get yourself a new motor. I would nearly bet my left arm that the bearings suffered damage and perhaps even the output shaft could have what I would call a hoop bend. That is the end has stayed straight but the shaft has been bent out of sight inside the armature. This is not uncommon in a compression type bend where the shaft is supported by bearings at either end. The load has to go somewhere.
        Either way, I would recommend that you replace the motor for peace of mind.
        Regards and respect
        Daryl

Comment

Thank you for the information. I will purchase the V2 motor, and get back in the air with a little extra power.

Comment

Same happened to me on one of my birds a few months back. My issue went away when I swapped out the ESC before I ordered a motor. Not sure what happened with the esc but obviously the impact did something. :Confused:

Comment

Check the collars and make sure they did not increase the end play.

Comment

Working...
              X