X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official wish list for new products.

Some of the other threads are getting filled with new product request and ideas so I started this thread so that you can put all of your request here and Alpha has promised to check it every single day:Silly:
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Thanks for starting this thread TiredIron!

Personally for me all I want is a proper twin 80mm MiG-29 with thrust vectoring and in the Red Star colors, that'd be something I'd buy in a heartbeat.

Of course, I'm not picky towards MiGs, if they released any of the others (80mm MiG-15/17/23, twin 80mm MiG-25/31) I'd buy them too.
    For any of their scale jets I prefer the 80mm size as they pack a punch, have good flight times, and seem to be easier on the batteries than the 90s.
    And maybe they could release a 80mm A-7, F-8, and/or a F-105 as well, but that depends on their sales numbers from the two that are 64mm. Heck, even the two 64mm as 4S birds would be great!

Comment

Please keep it mind my requests are without regard to how it would affect the price of a model if it’s included in a PNP, ROI, or any other factors, simply my wants/requests :Cool:. I understand if and why some or all won’t be possible to produce for one reason or another.

1. A one piece 9-blade fan EDF Power System with inrunner motor as the optional “upgrade” for a 80 or 90mm EDF jet, not just the current 12-blade upgrade with inrunner.

2. A Motion-RC/Freewing RC Flight Simulator. This would be great to have our favorite models in a sim. that simulate a particular aircrafts flight characteristics and functionality when we don’t get a chance to get to the field, fly a few models on the sim. as I save to purchase it, or have fun flying a newly announced model in the sim. before I receive the real one.

3. More size ranges in the Admiral Carbon Graphene line-up of batteries. I can imagine Motion is feeling the waters right now with it’s single battery offering and price point, and that’s okay, but hope to see further LiPo’s in the future. I can be specific on desired size ranges if need be.

4. More realistic pilot molds, especially jet pilots, of several size ranges. They have been much improved over the years, but would like to see further improvement.

5. On models that would allow, possibly a removable top hatch that is discrete and close to the CG range to place additional electronics such as telemetry, soundcard, gyro, etc.

6. F-22 80/90mm EDF jet

7. F-18 80/90mm EDF jet

8. Mig-29 80/90mm EDF Jet

9. F-100 80/90mm EDF Jet

10. Mig-25 80/90mm EDF Jet

11. Mig 15/17 80/90mm EDF Jet

12. B-737 70/80mm EDF jet

13. Learjet

14. Su-35 80mm EDF jet

15. F9 Cougar

16. T-6 Texan II. 1600+mm wingspan

Comment

Those that know me know what I want and for those that don't :)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Nellis05-D2_OV-10_Bronco_01.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	153119
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
          Those that know me know what I want and for those that don't :)
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Nellis05-D2_OV-10_Bronco_01.jpg Views:	3 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	153119
          LOL Your screen name said it all buddy. :Cool::)

Comment

Prop Airplanes:

B-29 Superfortress 2400mm
            F6F Hellcat 1200-1600mm
            Grumman Goose w/retracts
            PBY Catalina w/retracts
            Martin Mars
            P-61
            C-47 w/scale gear

Jet Aircraft (70mm +)
            F-106 Delta Dart
            F-22 Raptor
            F-35A Lightning II
            F-105 Thunderchief
            F-100 Super Sabre
            A-5 Vigilante
            XB-70 Valkyrie
            F9F Panther
            F3D Skyknight
            B-1B Lancer

Helicopters:
            Bell 47
            CH-47 Chinook
            MH-53 Pave Low
            H-21 Shawnee
            HO3S-1
            H-34 Choctaw
            Bell 525
            SH-3 Sea King

Comment

I would like the OV10, Hellcat, and an A26 at 1600mm. Also a PNY at 2000mm using the same power system in the tigercat/P38. and 2000mm+ i would like to see the 4 engine bombers to include a Lancaster, B17, and B29 with sufficient battery space for pairs of 5000mah 4s packs or better. On the edf side, a nice 80mm F22, and a YF23 to go with. I also think a 2000mm swing wing B1B with twin 80mm fans would be something to behold.

Comment

Edf - 80 or 90mm F9f cougar, F22 raptor, F100, Mig 29

Prop - 1600 to 1800 mm Zero, ME 109, A1 Sky Raider

Comment

1700 mm war birds or larger, formed with close cell epo and actual cockpits or cockpit upgrades available.

1. Hellcat is just begging to be in the 1700 mm or larger class.
                  2. Spitfire
                  3. A Corsair that does not have wings that individually weigh more than the entire fuse (sarcasm, I think, FMS 1700 mm Corsair has some really heavy wings)

Comment

Thanks for creating this thread, TiredIron! While I won't check it *every* day, our team will monitor this thread instead of combing every other thread for people's wishlists.

If/when something on your list does get made.... you're on record LOL:PI can't see the majority of my wishlist being made anytime soon, if ever, but I'll list some anyway to give an example of how to best organize by format and size:

My personal wishlist that I would purchase includes:

EDF:
                    Good flying Voodoo, any size
                    Good flying Arrow or TSR-2, parksize/midsize
                    ​​​​Parksize EE Lightning
                    Parksize Yak-23
                    Parksize Bell X-1
                    Parksize+ Arado Blitz
                    Midsize RA-5C Vigilante
                    Midsize Gulfstream G650
                    Midsize VictoryJet
                    Midsize Cirrus Vision
                    Midsize Avro Vulcan with twins, plus howl
                    Midsize Airbus A320
                    Midsize Gripen
                    ​​​​​​Midsize F-22
                    Midsize Mirage F1
                    Midsize+ Su-17
                    Midsize+ Draken
                    Midsize+ F-100
                    Midsize+ X-29
                    SuperScale Harrier with VTOL
                    Superscale Flanker
                    Large size C-17 with cargo drop
                    Large size 747 with Shuttle
                    Large size Horten 229 or Swallow
                    Large size B-1 Lancer

Prop:
                    Parksize Diamond D42 or D52
                    Midsize 1920s-40s flying boats, any
                    Midsize Sportscale Fokker Dr.1
                    Sportscale Wildcat with manually folding wings
                    ​Midsize+ gliders with FPV HT
                    Midsize SuperScale Beechcraft Starship
                    ​​​Midsize Superscale Jenny
                    ​​​​Midsize SportScale CP V-22 Osprey
                    Midsize Superscale Tucano with ordnance
                    Midsize+ Dora or Bf-109G.6
                    Midsize+ OV-10
                    Midsize Zeke, Hien, or Hayate
                    ​​​​​​​Large size RC-12X Guardrail
                    Large size Superscale C-130 with cargo drop and Spectre options
                    Large size Maachi M.C.7.2 and other
                    Superscale Raceplanes
                    Largesize Lancaster
                    Largesize Super Fortress
                    Large size Lockheed Constellation, late

And a partridge in a pear tree.
                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                      While I won't check it *every* day, our team will monitor this thread instead of combing every other thread for people's wishlists.

That was a joke, we know you don't have wifi at the North Pole:P
                      TiredIron Aviation
                      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Prop:
                        Mid-sized (1200-1600mm) OV-10 Bronco. Opening up variety with 3DPs to convert to a D (IR Suppressive exhaust stacks, Nose, turret camera, etc.), and if someone is adventurous, make an OV-10B(Z) with a ~50-64mm EDF mounted on the top.
                        Mid-sized or large-scale BF-109F or G
                        Super-scale Super Constellation

EDF:
                        MiG-29 for twin 70s
                        SU-30MK2 Flanker-G for twin 80/90s
                        1.8m-2.5m DC10/MD11
                        Mid-Sized F-22
                        Large B-1
                        Rockwell HiMAT with TV for 70mm (I can dream)

Comment

Great suggestions from T-Cat regarding more realistic pilots, flight sim and a hatch for gyros, sound cards etc.

Grass field capability is a must for me so this means grass capable gear and a cheater that is not affected by the addition of a FOD grill. Speaking of which an aftermarket FOD grill would be a great accessory (perhaps available as a 3d printable part to fit each model?)

My wish-list includes one not mentioned above and the re-work of a couple of old favourites.

EDF:
                          midsize+ Hawker Hunter (plus blue-note :))
                          midsize+ F/A18 (EPO - no vectored thrust)
                          midsize++ Yak130, lightened, reworked version (lighter pilots, resized ordnance, 9 bladed fan etc), or perhaps an M-346 version should that win the T-X Advanced Pilot training competition)

Edit: The gear on my Stinger 90 and A4 work well on our grass club field. However, the front gear on these models does seem a little soft / under-damped compared to the mains, causing some 'bucking bronco' like pitching on take-off and landing at times. I realise that plenty of work has gone into spring rates etc.at the factory, but maybe this is one area where recalibration of spring rates would be helpful for us grass field only guys.

Comment

This new lack of post editing time feature l am not particularly fond of, ha-ha. I went back to add more to my original post above by editing it instead of typing another post, but I have to post a separate reply since I cannot edit the first post. Anyhow, below is a new post with additional thoughts I had LOL.

1. Wood or plastic additions, tabs, etc., near/on the EDF foam cover to help remove and install the EDF cover without potential risk of making impressions in the foam. Something like this would help grip onto the piece much easier, and likely could be created without detriment to aerodynamics and aesthetics.

2. Divots/cut-outs/impressions in the models foam mold near the servo pockets at the point of the servo arm screw to allow for easier access to the servo arm screw for when adjustment/removal is needed of the arm for centering, etc. Currently I just cut out a small piece of foam near the servo arm if that is necessary to reach the screw and then glue it back in neatly, and that is fine, but would be nice not to have to do that.

3. Plastic servo pockets (I know...I know...we used to have them, but I liked them), not servo covers, servo pockets. Having a plastic servo pocket is nice if servo removal is needed for replacement, etc., without damaging the underlying foam since the servo is glued into the plastic pocket, not the foam of the model aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                              2. Divots/cut-outs/impressions in the models foam mold near the servo pockets at the point of the servo arm screw to allow for easier access to the servo arm screw for when adjustment/removal is needed of the arm for centering, etc. Currently I just cut out a small piece of foam near the servo arm if that is necessary to reach the screw and then glue it back in neatly, and that is fine, but would be nice not to have to do that.
                              Looks like they are already doing this based on the new L-39.

Pat

Comment

Here's my short list:

EDF
                                Twin 80mm F-22
                                Single 90mm F-106
                                Single 90mm F-100
                                Single 90mm P-80/T-33
                                Single 90mm A-37/T-37
                                Single 90mm Su-25
                                Twin 80mm Mig-29
                                80mm Mig-23/27

Prop
                                2000mm Lockheed Super Connie
                                2000mm B-29
                                2000mm C-130
                                1600mm P-39/P-63
                                Pat

Comment

Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                  Looks like they are already doing this based on the new L-39.

Well, shiver me timbers! Thanks for noticing that. I requested that last year here on this forum and RCg (or maybe not RCg), but cannot remember the response I got here on the forums from Motion RC. I’m glad to see that implemented. I wonder if it’s on any of the other servos. I just found a picture from Bajora that looks to show all servos having the cutout, but it is too difficult to tell.

Alpha, Stuart, Bajora, and anyone with the plane, can you clarify? AND....thank you for adding the request to this jet and hopefully future offerings :Cool:;):).

Comment

I just realized that I forgot the tilt rotor/vertical lift section from my wishlist. I knew it looked short LOL.

CP MV-22 Osprey
                                    CP XV-3
                                    CP V-280 Valor
                                    Mid+ size XC-142
                                    Bell X-22
                                    VTOL F-35B
                                    VTOL Harrier
                                    VTOL VJ-101

Also, forgot to add the Martin P6M Seamaster under jets. Its all a ridiculous dream, but you gotta at least try :)

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post

Well, shiver me timbers! Thanks for noticing that. I requested that last year here on this forum and RCg (or maybe not RCg), but cannot remember the response I got here on the forums from Motion RC. I’m glad to see that implemented. I wonder if it’s on any of the other servos. I just found a picture from Bajora that looks to show all servos having the cutout, but it is too difficult to tell.

Alpha, Stuart, Bajora, and anyone with the plane, can you clarify? AND....thank you for adding the request to this jet and hopefully future offerings :Cool:;):).
                                      I saw some close up pics of the undersides of the wings, and yes they are doing it on all servos.
                                      Pat

Comment

Giddy-up! Well, that is one request check marked off my list LOL. ;)

Edit: I just found the thread where I requested it and it was in 2016. Time flies by, geez. I didn’t realize it was that long ago. It’s incredible to see how Motion RC and Freewing listen to feedback and customer requests. So, a huge THANKS to all of them for continuing to improve the products and working hard for us hobbyists and the hobby. :Cool::Hug:

Comment

Working...
                                        X