Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Hawk!!! You must be older than me to know the Jack Stafford kit!!!! Strawberry Bitch!!

Comment

• Guys that have only known foam are good people, but they have no idea what balsa, ply, glass, primer and paint, with nitro means to the real craftsman!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dahawk View Post
        Good one. I’ve always wanted a Lib. Consolidated basically did a take off from the Flying boat fuse. My Dad told me the pilots really wrestled with this plane. A beech to fly.

There’s been a few kits over the years ( Jack Stafford) but nothing in foam.

Well see.
        I had the chance to get the stratford plane about 50% built at a swap meet last year for $200. I'm not a builder and didn't feel that I could complete it. The work that was done was first rate. The Stafford kit is nice.

Comment

• Remembering the days of the Sig kits that were essentially a box of sticks, planks with silk-screened outlines and plans.

I still have a few waiting their turns to be built.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

• I do, built them back in the late 70's I was never very good at it though....

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
              By the way, if you were to say one iconic "charge" of the B-24, it would be the oilfields in Ploesti. They came in low and the AA was intense - cannon to the left of them, cannon to the right of them. And that is just across the black sea from Crimea, where the Charge of the Light Brigade took place during the Crimean war. So I would guess B-24 just based on that connection.
              The region borders the Black Sea, so, that's close enough, regionally speaking ;)

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• So now I have to make a scale Ploesti Oil field to bomb.
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                  So now I have to make a scale Ploesti Oil field to bomb.
                  You're gonna need some more foam!

Bob

Comment

• Thank you, Alpha for another fantastic plane!!!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Thank you, Alpha for another fantastic plane!!!

Bob
                      A big +1 to that! It's about time we had a B-24, and this one looks sweet! Now get started on a 2400mm B-29 so we have the full bomber fleet!! :);)

Comment

• Yes, and I notice some of them flew on to Turkey after the raid, so they would have passed very near the Crimean peninsula. Anyway, 2000mm is great, smaller would not have done it justice. I just pre-ordered. Alas, I have no room for this thing....my other planes are sweating, knowing that a round of layoffs is inevitable.

Well, I pre-ordered 6 minutes ago....so is it too soon to ask what's next? Ha, just kidding. Sort of.

Comment

• So while listening to the podcast interview with Alpha, around the 1:26:20 mark he indicates that in a few months his "favorite" aircraft will be coming up.........very interesting.
                          I hope you plugged a :ov10into the schedule like 18 months ago so I will have one for the 2018 flying season;):Cool:
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Yes, and I notice some of them flew on to Turkey after the raid, so they would have passed very near the Crimean peninsula. Anyway, 2000mm is great, smaller would not have done it justice. I just pre-ordered. Alas, I have no room for this thing....my other planes are sweating, knowing that a round of layoffs is inevitable.

Well, I pre-ordered 6 minutes ago....so is it too soon to ask what's next? Ha, just kidding. Sort of.
                            Sit down all your planes and tell them you'll be having a new sales contest, "1st prize is a cadillac eldorado, second prize is a set of steak knives, third prize is you're fired."

Comment

• OV10 you actually listened to me drone on at 1 in the morning from a hotel in the middle of nowhere? That's so sweet :) Shucks, I should have put more Easter eggs in there. Next time.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Gotta be the F4J Phantom II !
                                Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                  Guys that have only known foam are good people, but they have no idea what balsa, ply, glass, primer and paint, with nitro means to the real craftsman!!!
                                  That statement is pure bull. A shame that some pilots with foam planes are considered to be "less" than competent because of a planes' construction/material. Been into airplane modeling since '55 & it was all sticks, glue, & covering. IC engines that were finicky at times & always left exhaust grunge on the plane surfaces, & if you had a crash or poor landing, all that was left was toothpicks or firewood. Is that what all that "craftsman's" work evolved into? The best thing that happened to RC airplanes was the intro of foam & electric motors that really piqued the interest in new flyers who could afford to get into RC at a reasonable cost & either got hooked, or decided it wasn't all that interesting & moved on. When I retreaded back into RC in '90, a small foam backyard plane w/electric motor re-ignited my interest & love of flying. Time constraints with work & obligations made it impossible to scratch build from a balsa kit & thus the ARF's in both foam & balsa made it so much more practical & allowed to increase the RC hangar stable. Since, I've decided that electric is the best for me & I have both balsa & foam planes, gliders, & a couple EDF's that I enjoy. I also find that the "foamies" are sooooo much easier to repair & get back in the air compared to balsa. Anyway, it really all boils down to the absolute that we are just adults who still need to play with our toys & have a bit of fun with friends.

Denny
                                  *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                                  *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                    So while listening to the podcast interview with Alpha, around the 1:26:20 mark he indicates that in a few months his "favorite" aircraft will be coming up.........very interesting.
                                    I hope you plugged a :ov10into the schedule like 18 months ago so I will have one for the 2018 flying season;):Cool:
                                    I listened to the pod cast as well (bronco) but it looks (bronco) like you took notes CB! Really enjoyed hearing Alpha and I am really enjoying these new features, allowing different versions (bronco) of the A-4 and B-24. (bronco) The offering of 3D printed details is going to be (bronco) a game changer, GENIOUS! Can anyone else hear that? Sounds like someone keeps saying BRONCO!LOL;):ov10

Comment

• Originally posted by yorkiepap View Post

That statement is pure bull. A shame that some pilots with foam planes are considered to be "less" than competent because of a planes' construction/material. Been into airplane modeling since '55 & it was all sticks, glue, & covering. IC engines that were finicky at times & always left exhaust grunge on the plane surfaces, & if you had a crash or poor landing, all that was left was toothpicks or firewood. Is that what all that "craftsman's" work evolved into? The best thing that happened to RC airplanes was the intro of foam & electric motors that really piqued the interest in new flyers who could afford to get into RC at a reasonable cost & either got hooked, or decided it wasn't all that interesting & moved on. When I retreaded back into RC in '90, a small foam backyard plane w/electric motor re-ignited my interest & love of flying. Time constraints with work & obligations made it impossible to scratch build from a balsa kit & thus the ARF's in both foam & balsa made it so much more practical & allowed to increase the RC hangar stable. Since, I've decided that electric is the best for me & I have both balsa & foam planes, gliders, & a couple EDF's that I enjoy. I also find that the "foamies" are sooooo much easier to repair & get back in the air compared to balsa. Anyway, it really all boils down to the absolute that we are just adults who still need to play with our toys & have a bit of fun with friends.

Denny
                                      That's just it. Foam made it possible to bring in new pilots to the hobby because they are cost effective. Comments like the one you answered are the same as when we release a 64mm jet and people screams for 90mm. There are many markets within our Hobby and we try to keep everyone happy by offering wide ranges. But for me? I am not a builder and couldn't conceive how much time people put into their balsa projects. I prefer PNP because I just enjoying flying. The quicker I can unbox a model and be at my field, the happier I am. But to each his own. Although I would never build a balsa model, I have nothing but respect for those that do and I love going to events and seeing the dedication people put into the balsa planes but again it never gives me the urge to try it myself. I almost equate it to people who still print out mapquest directions when they have a cell phone in their hands...why waste the time?

We are all in this together. Enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post

I listened to the pod cast as well (bronco) but it looks (bronco) like you took notes CB! Really enjoyed hearing Alpha and I am really enjoying these new features, allowing different versions (bronco) of the A-4 and B-24. (bronco) The offering of 3D printed details is going to be (bronco) a game changer, GENIOUS! Can anyone else hear that? Sounds like someone keeps saying BRONCO!LOL;):ov10
                                        The note taking is just an old discipline from the Procurement days while listening to negotiations. Keep banging that :ov10gong Boots.:Cool:
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by MotionJB View Post

That's just it. Foam made it possible to bring in new pilots to the hobby because they are cost effective. Comments like the one you answered are the same as when we release a 64mm jet and people screams for 90mm. There are many markets within our Hobby and we try to keep everyone happy by offering wide ranges. But for me? I am not a builder and couldn't conceive how much time people put into their balsa projects. I prefer PNP because I just enjoying flying. The quicker I can unbox a model and be at my field, the happier I am. But to each his own. Although I would never build a balsa model, I have nothing but respect for those that do and I love going to events and seeing the dedication people put into the balsa planes but again it never gives me the urge to try it myself. I almost equate it to people who still print out mapquest directions when they have a cell phone in their hands...why waste the time?

We are all in this together. Enjoy it.
                                          My response was not to castigate Hardways' comment in any way. I do understand the time, patience, & passion a builder dedicates to a project. I have seen some of the most beautiful planes created from scratch & am in awe at the detail & quality that was rendered to get that result. In retrospect, I have also seen the same builder who had countless hours of impeccable work, crash it on maiden because of nervousness or poor piloting. It is then I feel it was all an effort in futility. All my planes I've purchased have been PNP simply because it is much more practical & cost-effective for me. It is quite evident that there are many others who are like me. This marvelous hobby has grown & will continue to do so because there are so many avenues of choice & costs continually come down so anyone can get involved. I hope everyone will continue to promote our fabulous hobby & find the same enjoyment we do. Happy flyin'............ :corsair

Denny
                                          *** \"A man\'s word is his honor....without honor there is nothing.\" ***
                                          *** I have no hesitation to kill nor reservation to die for the Flag & Constitution of the USA. ***

Comment

Working...
                                          X