Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkpilot
    replied
    Here's something to think about. IF you're only going to use it to haul your planes and gear, AND you're good at fixing cars(or know someone who is) check and see if your local Good Will has a auto auction. One time I picked up a mini-van for $75, but as they say in the Conan movies "But that is another story...".

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    (QUOTE=OV10;n211520]

The new 6.0 Wished I lived closer Bob, we'd have that old vortec out and that one in within a day [/QUOTE]

I hate to admit it Charlie but I’m having to PAY a speed shop to do the heavy lifting! And I always said God didn’t raise no dummies in Western PA. Here’s some more ingredients to blend into the mix!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wakeley Jr.
    replied
    I gotta tell ya, nothing beats my 3/4 ton Chevy with the 8.1 liter (502 c.i) for towing my boat, plowing snow or hauling ass. The Allison transmission cost me a fortune but I'd do it again tomorrow. I'll never part with her. I got a Kia Sorento to haul my planes in. It's a damn nice car. I can fit my Kingfisher, Turbo Timber and a UMX Timber in the box, plus my 56 pound flight bag that carries my batteries, radio and tools, and still get 24 mpg. Oh yah, the Chevy gets 9 mpg.

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
    Well I bit the bullet. Say hello to my little friend!
    The new 6.0 Wished I lived closer Bob, we'd have that old vortec out and that one in within a day

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Well I bit the bullet. Say hello to my little friend!

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Wow! That's a nice toy hauler.

Leave a comment:

• VOODOO
    replied
    I'm too old to worry about cool, so I went all in for my second vehicle. I bought an off lease 2016 FORD TRANSIT 350XLT 15 passenger van with less than 30,000 miles on it. I still have 8 passenger seats and a rear compartment that can hold 5 or more planes even my giant scale AEROWORKS YAK54 running on 44.4 volts.It makes a great hauler of people or cargo and gets 17.8mpg on regular gas. Drives great and fits in my garage with about 4 inches to spare.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    Thanks, Baron. The WX station is very nice to have.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
    I've been working on this for a couple weeks now. It's just about finished and so far I'm very happy with it. I can finally carry more planes to the field and not have to cover them with a blanket.
    Very cool set up! I do like the weather station.

Leave a comment:

• Prowler901
    replied
    I've been working on this for a couple weeks now. It's just about finished and so far I'm very happy with it. I can finally carry more planes to the field and not have to cover them with a blanket.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• CFIT rob
    replied
    The Action van(CVN-65). Gave my old work van a new life. She is much happier now.

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire4life
    replied
    Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

Ha, the RV was cheaper than a decent car...just a little work and these old RVs make great haulers...didn't you and James destroy one :P
    LOL, we put one to good use, it may have seen some wear after the fact ;)

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Here she is a 1999 Chevy Tahoe LT 2dr 4x4. All I need is a 5x10 trailer and I may have to swap out the 5.7 Vortec for a third generation 6.0! This was the last year for the two door Tahoe and since it’s twenty years old it’s a classic. I’m stoked! :)

Leave a comment:

• BRGT350
    replied
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

I can haul 4-5 planes easily in my Fiesta hatchback, as long as they are UMX :P

A typical flying night has me taking 2-3 planes to the field at the most. One parkflier under 44", one 1.2m, and one UMX like the A-10 or P-51. The only planes I can't fit into the Fiesta are the Hobbyking 1875mm B-17's. I use my wife's Escape (Kuga for those across the ponds) to transport the B-17's, and only one at a time.

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post
    Now you are just showing off George ;)
    Ha, the RV was cheaper than a decent car...just a little work and these old RVs make great haulers...didn't you and James destroy one :P

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire4life
    replied
    Now you are just showing off George ;)

Leave a comment:

• borntoolate
    replied
    That is the way to do it George!!!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• TiredIronGRB
    replied
    Late to the party but these are mine...the RV can carry north of 50 planes, the Ford Transit Connect can haul two 2000mm bombers and 3 or 4 smaller planes with the shelf in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180510_210918837_iOS.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	192409

Name:	20190419_222615383_iOS.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	192408

Name:	20170922_194645648_iOS.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	192411

Name:	20170922_194617947_iOS.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	192412

Name:	20170922_165605455_iOS.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	192410

Leave a comment:

• Spitfire4life
    replied
    Well over here in Europe car's a much smaller in general, but we still make it work. This was me last year (European version of the Ford Fusion, 1.8lt) bringing my personal collection of models from my parents in the UK over to The Netherlands and thank god I have a warehouse to store them in now ;) I do have a tow hook and trailer, the trailer is needed for those +3m models for sure, no fun just bringing one model to the field in the car alone. 8 models plus accessories in the car, that includes two 1/4 and one 1/3 scale model. NOT a trip I wish to repeat!

S.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-29 at 22.52.28.jpeg
Views:	499
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	192389

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-29 at 22.52.27(1).jpeg
Views:	538
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	192390

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-04-29 at 22.52.27.jpeg
Views:	529
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	192391

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bill Wakeley Jr.
    replied
    I just bought a new Kia Sorento and I love it. Plenty of room for 3 or 4 planes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X