First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thisguy65
    replied
    Originally posted by Boots Whirlygig View Post
    It is an LS based motor, identical block design cast in iron instead of aluminum and cast iron sleeves. Equipped with an RV cam for more torque the LQ4 and LQ9 are much stronger, and racers boost them with so much N2O any other engine wouldn’t last 11 to 10 seconds.
    If referring to dressing a Lq9 motor with L3, yes but there are sudle differences but it's a mute point After I split my 5.0 block in half in my 91 mustang "saw the light" and went lq9. Cheapest and most fun car I ever had. Looked like a POS but boy was she fast

You forget about the rice burner motors that can take gobs of boost (2jz, RB**, etc :P)

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    It is an LS based motor, identical block design cast in iron instead of aluminum and cast iron sleeves. Equipped with an RV cam for more torque the LQ4 and LQ9 are much stronger, and racers boost them with so much N2O any other engine wouldn’t last 11 to 10 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• thisguy65
    replied

The Yukon is in my final four. It’s also the most expensive. The LS engine. :Drooling:

Can I ask MB what year is yours?
    Yukon has a truck motor. cast iron block. Only LS about is the heads. However they are very easy motors to work on. Mustang guys who wanted to go fast for cheap would get a LQ9 ( Chevy 6.0 Iron block) take the exhaust manfiolds and swap sides. build a turbo kit and throw it in a fox body Mustang. Easy a 11-10 second car with 3k in to it.

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    It does have OV-10 style sponsons, just needs some mini-guns installed!

Leave a comment:

• F22trainer
    replied
    Well I made my decision and it’s on its way! I should have it Tuesday which is my Birthday!
    I of course searched and searched on line for the vehicle that fit my criteria, and I came within one hour of settling for one that fell short of that. I was still looking and BAM, someone posted a fresh trade in at a Peoria dealership! Not only was it the vehicle I was searching for with the options I wanted, it is the same color exterior and interior as my first car! My new-to-me transport is officially a classic (man does time fly) and whatever won’t fit in it’s big back end can be trailered, up to 7,000 lbs. It has been fun looking, but I’m so glad I didn’t settle and checked that one last time!
    Sounds like another Tired Iron paint job could surface...

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Well I made my decision and it’s on its way! I should have it Tuesday which is my Birthday!
    I of course searched and searched on line for the vehicle that fit my criteria, and I came within one hour of settling for one that fell short of that. I was still looking and BAM, someone posted a fresh trade in at a Peoria dealership! Not only was it the vehicle I was searching for with the options I wanted, it is the same color exterior and interior as my first car! My new-to-me transport is officially a classic (man does time fly) and whatever won’t fit in it’s big back end can be trailered, up to 7,000 lbs. It has been fun looking, but I’m so glad I didn’t settle and checked that one last time!

Leave a comment:

• borntoolate
    replied
    I love the '67 Chevelle wagon! In my younger days I had 2 each 1967 Chevelle Super Sports. However, I am older now so I haul my planes in a Nissan NV200. There is plenty of room for 4 1875mm B-17s or a B-24, B-17, B-25 and a B-25. Lots of room for my accessories too! This is especially useful when deploying bombers to Apollo Field in Southern California.

Bob Click image for larger version  Name:	P1040903.jpg Views:	0 Size:	134.0 KB ID:	188032Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7115.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.2 KB ID:	188033

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    They guys at Apollo either get creative, or get broke!

In Hong Kong nearby, one of the fields installed a couple dozen shipping containers that the club members rent out, so they don't need to transport planes back and forth between the field and their homes (which, in Hong Kong, is most often up and down high-rise elevators).

Leave a comment:

• rifleman_btx
    replied
    I get mine in the 08 equinox. But im starting to look for bigger. Having to wait for the va kinda sucks but, when its done, I'll have a new Toyota 4runner, that will double as plane and weapon transport.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    Its a 2004 with a 4.8 V8.

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
    Yes I do own the enclosed trailer. I have installed a shelf for my larger planes to set on and some racks for my smaller planes. My Yukon pulls the trailer quite well.
    The Yukon is in my final four. It’s also the most expensive. The LS engine. :Drooling:

Can I ask MB what year is yours?

Leave a comment:

• mr.frankenjet
    replied
    NICE there ya go

Leave a comment:

• F22trainer
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	63973A29-336A-4C79-8735-C58478D46980.jpeg
Views:	627
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	187504Click image for larger version

Name:	71A2F015-E2F7-43AB-A8DD-E58E42C02B2A.jpeg
Views:	631
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	187503Click image for larger version

Name:	15F0351F-93E6-48E2-AEC5-B49DE8D60481.jpeg
Views:	669
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	187502

Leave a comment:

• mr.frankenjet
    replied
    always room for 1 more :o)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180826_123154.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	187495

Leave a comment:

• mr.frankenjet
    replied
    +1 on the mini van , best hauler, you do have to get over it though :o)
    Here is my ford edge, with some pvc and foam I can fit 7 planes or so Click image for larger version

Name:	20170923_081232.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	187493

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
    You can't beat a Dodge Grand Caravan mini van. Loads of room for several levels of aircraft...

I know... it's a mini van... get over it! :-)
    I'm with you. Just picked up a Chysler Pacifica yesterday. Loads of room and can haul a trailer for more.

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    Yes I do own the enclosed trailer. I have installed a shelf for my larger planes to set on and some racks for my smaller planes. My Yukon pulls the trailer quite well.

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad Baron View Post
    Here's what I use to haul my fleet to the field. My 2004 Yukon and a 5X10 enclosed trailer.
    More power than a minivan, I’ve looked at the Suburban and smaller Yukon and like them. Do you own the enclosed trailer?

Leave a comment:

• Boots Whirlygig
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Sanford View Post
    You can't beat a Dodge Grand Caravan mini van. Loads of room for several levels of aircraft...

I know... it's a mini van... get over it! :-)
    The Mopars fold-into floor seats really are handy. I have no problem with minivans, having owned 4 Toyotas. The Supercharged Previa being my favorite, I drove them many years, and now I’m over it! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Mad Baron
    replied
    Here's what I use to haul my fleet to the field. My 2004 Yukon and a 5X10 enclosed trailer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X