X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was one of those rare days...

Did you ever have just ine if those days everything just goes your way? Rare right? Especially for me. Im probably doomed niw
    Went flying sunday with a old school nitro powered trainer plane. Fired right up without any problems. A few other guys were out with their planes so i sat down under the awning in the shade to wait. As im sitting there some guy pulls up in a old truck and comes up to me and says i have something i want to sell that you might want. So he comes back with a old field box full of tools, props that fit my plane, like 30 OS and Fox glow plugs, a sullivan high torque starter, sonic tronics fuel pump, and a plug in glow igniter $20. Just happened to have only a $20 bill in my wallet. What are the flippin odds?!? Field boxes are pretty much impossible to find these days. Ive never had one but decided i needed one but never been able to find one.

I went on flew the plane with no crashes and no stalls. Couldnt have been a better day!

I took the plane brackets off and replaced the old leaded acid battery for a 12V 12 ah LiFe p04 battery. Im actually pretty proud of my score. The starter is worth $60 by itself. And what, 130 new? Its practically brand new.

Attached Files
Working...
X