• Official Skynetic 1000mm Neptune II Discussion Thread

Neptune II Blue 1000mm (39.3") Wingspan - PNP from Skynetic - SKY1035-001

Click here for the official product page

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1072
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	314990

The Skynetic Neptune II is a flying wing that can penetrate through moderate winds while performing aerobatic maneuvers with ease. The wing stabilizers, dual rudders and positive dihedral keeps the Neptune II steady and tracking true in flight. Made of light yet durable EPO foam with a streamlined, aerodynamic profile and a powerful AS2212 KV 2280 brushless outrunner motor, the Neptune II is tailor-made for countless hours of exhilarating, flying fun!
    FEATURES:
    • Slick, streamlined and aerodynamic flying wing profile available in an eye-catching blue livery
    • Easy-to-assemble, minimal gluing required
    • Powerful AS2212 KV 2280 Brushless Outrunner motor
    INCLUDES:
    • Skynetic Neptune II Blue 1000mm (39.3") Wingspan - PNP
    REQUIRES:
    • 4 Channel radio - select a minimum 4 channel radio from our Radio Collection
    • 4 Channel receiver - select a minimum 4 channel receiver from our Receiver Collection
    • 3 Cell 11.1V 2000 - 2500 mAh Li-Po battery with XT60 connector - we recommend EPR22003X6
    • 3 Cell compatible battery charger - select a minimum 3 cell (3S) charger from our Charger Collection
    PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS:

AGE LEVEL : 14 AND UP
    SKILL LEVEL : INTERMEDIATE
    BUILD TIME : 1 HOUR

Wingspan 39.3in / 1000mm
    Length 21in / 532mm
    Flying Weight 550 - 570g
    CG (Center of Gravity) Refer to the owner's manual
    Power System Powerful AS2212 KV 2280 Brushless Outrunner motor (installed)
    Electronic Speed Control 40-amp brushless ESC with XT60 connector (installed)
    Propeller / EDF 6x4 propeller
    Servos 2x 9g
    Landing Gear None
    Required Battery 3 Cell 11.1V 2000 - 2500 mAh Li-Po battery with XT60 connector (required)
    Required Radio 4+ channel radio system (required)
    Ailerons Yes (elevon)
    Elevator Yes (elevon)
    Rudder No
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Foam
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoor
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Greetings,.
    Well hopefully this will fill out over time.
    I've a prop, Neptune on the way from Motion RC.
    I've had, totaled, " Pilot Error", a edf version. 2 years ago. Will invest in another edf when they notify back in stock at Motion RC.

Over time I've moved to mostly wings in general.
    ..economical, an forgiving, in flight.
    Also have 3 xk520's VTOL planesFROM Motion,. Awsome Tech on those,.
    will review the Neptune prop as time goes on.
    Hopefully more pilots will jump on board.
    Regards Captian John

Comment

Recieved mine today, looks like a good one, going set soon

Comment

BUILD, going well. Nice lock nut for prop, alirions have nice barrel rod holder with lock nut.
        wood glued battery sit with installed velcro strap, nice esc.. strong fiber rod thru body..
        very nice online instructions for build and esccprogramming on its page at motion.

Attached Files

Comment

Hello guys,

Recently got a Skynetic Neptune II and just wanted to share a little bit on it. Easiest build I have done in years, if you like that kind of thing. Setup went fast even with installing the Admiral RX600SP gyro receiver and using my Spektrum DX6e. I used normal wing type in the radio and Delta mix in the receiver. Easy to transport and store. Toss and Boss flight character. Very sturdy design and it looks great. Fun to fly. Even in a limited space like a small park. Half tempted to take it on a camping trip if I can find a meadow or grass area to fly in. Good value for the money. There is a nice plastic grab raised area underneath it, that makes hand launching as easy as can be. If you have never had a wing, this would be a great one to start with.

Derek
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello everyone,

I have a Neptune V2 being delivered today. Never flew a wing before and this intermediate pilot is excited to learn and experience one. I've probably researched flying wings way too much, but there is no mention of adding any reflex in the instruction manual. Should reflex be added and if so, how much? Any advice or thoughts on helping with my trip down wing lane would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,
            Spin

Comment

Working...
            X