X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Durafly Brewster Buffalo

I would love to see Flightline do a bigger version of this plane. Here's my take on this new offering from HobbyKing.

My Durafly Brewster Buffalo Maided Flight

I don't usually buy smaller planes like this but the Buffalo is a unique plane and I thought I'd give it a try.

The plane went together easily and looks really nice, from an arms length away you'd have a hard time telling that it's a foam plane. The quality of the foam and paint is

really great, Hobbyking has come a long ways in the past couple of years. Their stuff from Durafly seems to keep getting better and the quality has gone up.

I do have a couple of complaints / problems with the plane.

I went to flex the rudder and the foam hinge instantly broke. I used Foam Tac to create a new hinge and it seems pretty solid.

I've read a few reports that the supplied prop is way out of balance and weak, it appears to be a cheap Chinese APC knock off so I tossed it and put an APC prop on.

The ball links seem a bit "cheap" to me, I guess I'm used to the Freewing / Flightline RC quality. They are usable and I'm sure will hold up and be fine but they are a bear to get the ball head buckle off of the ball once it's one.

I flew the plane with a 2200 mAh 3S battery and it was tail heavy, I did not add any nose weight (yet). Seems like a few guys are flying it without adding nose weight so I thought I'd give it a try. It flew a bit tail heavy and I made that determination by how twitchy the elevator seemed but that could also have been the wind. I will fly it again without adding weight on a calmer day to see what I think. If I don't like it I'll add some weight and experiment.

The first hand launch wasn't the best, I should have given it a better shove (you'll see what I mean). The second toss was much better. I was surprised at how well it handled the wind today. The plane is very sporty and fast, I was surprised and pleased.

For $140 this plane is worth the money, I'm thinking I now want to get the blue scheme.

Yellow wing scheme
    HobbyKing has a large range of RC planes including the exciting Duafly range. The Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo 920mm (36

Blue scheme
    HobbyKing has a large range of RC planes including the exciting Duafly range. The Durafly Brewster F2A Buffalo 920mm (36

Features:
    • 2 x Classic US Navy schemes
    • EPO foam construction
    • Pre-applied scale decals and paint
    • Hand launch and belly-landing design
    • Sports scale detail
    • Cockpit with scale pilot
    • Compact size for easy transportation
    • Ball-link connections

Specs:
    Wingspan: 920mm (36”)
    Length: 650mm (26”)
    Weight: 675g (13oz) (without battery)
    Motor: Aerostar 28mm 1200KV Brushless Outrunner
    ESC: Aerostar 40A Brushless
    Propeller: 10x5
    Servo: 9g x 4

Recommended Setup:
    CG: 52~55mm from leading edge
    Aileron: +/- 14mm
    Rudder: +/- 15mm
    Elevator: +/- 8mm
    Exponential: 30~35%

Requires:
    1 x 4 Channel 2.4GHz Radio System (TX and RX)
    1 x 2200mAh 3S Lipo Battery

Working...
X