X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B 24 Liberator bind issues

Hi all, I'm new to this site and have an issue with my Liberator, for some reason she has dropped the bind and refuses to re bind despite following all the protocols. She was purchased as a BNF version with rx pre installed, the transmitter is a DX 18. She has flown twice previously with no issues.All lipo's and tx batts fully charged, tried binding at various distances, I have 25 years of experience with IC models so not a novice. Any help greatly appreciated.

On occasion, I have had success with a bind challenge by putting the TX antennae very close (an inch or two) from the RX and waiting. Be patient.

-GG

Comment

Make sure the throttle trim is all the way down sometimes that will prevent binding.

Comment

What RX is in it? Knowing this may give a clue as to what might be going on. (BTW, there is no BNF version. It's whatever RX the previous owner put in it.) Was it flown twice previously by you or the previous owner? What I'm trying to get at is if you've ever flown it on your equipment?
        The B-24 came with dual battery plugs. Depending on what sequence you use to plug them in, may dictate how well it all initializes. One plug has the UBEC attached to it. That one should be plugged in first and the other one plugged in as quickly as possible after the first one.
        As said before, throttle trim to the bottom. Did you ever do the ESC throttle calibration?

Comment

Hi Viper, the liberator arrived with pre installed Rx from Motion Rc, no previous owner. And yes if you read my post you will see that i have flown the model, and yes i am aware of the sequence of lipo connection. Rx is AR6210. As said previously, i am not a novice and i am aware of throttle position during binding process. Calibration was set up when it arrived, i have flown it twice as previously mentioned.

Comment

Hi Tigercat, yes i am aware of throttle position during binding process , thanks.

Comment

Hi Glider guy, I have tried binding the model from various distances from few inches away to several yards away with no luck unfortunately.

Comment

If its any help guy's the UBEC has a solid red light when connected to lipo's but Rx is non responsive. Basically the model lost its bind and i am trying to re bind it with no luck at all. I suspect that the Rx is faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul. K View Post
                  Hi Viper, the liberator arrived with pre installed Rx from Motion Rc, no previous owner. And yes if you read my post you will see that i have flown the model, and yes i am aware of the sequence of lipo connection. Rx is AR6210. As said previously, i am not a novice and i am aware of throttle position during binding process. Calibration was set up when it arrived, i have flown it twice as previously mentioned.
                  This is the first I've heard on motion including a receiver in the B24. I find it extremely odd that it is a spectrum and not admiral part as motion does not sell any horizon hobby products.

Comment

Then you should also know that the B-24 does not normally come as a BNF. Motion put that AR6210 into it because that's what they thought you wanted. They don't even sell Spektrum RXs. In any case, a 6210 is not anything special. Put in bind plug, power it up in whatever fashion you like, TX to bind. If it's not binding, something's up with the RX. Try a different RX just to see.

Comment

If its any help guy's the UBEC has a solid red light when connected to lipo's but Rx is non responsive. Basically the model lost its bind and i am trying to re bind it with no luck at all. I suspect that the Rx is faulty.
                      Maybe you've got the UBEC plugged in with the wrong polarity?

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                        Maybe you've got the UBEC plugged in with the wrong polarity?
                        The polarity is correct, i have no idea what's going on.

Comment

Then you should also know that the B-24 does not normally come as a BNF. Motion put that AR6210 into it because that's what they thought you wanted. They don't even sell Spektrum RXs. In any case, a 6210 is not anything special. Put in bind plug, power it up in whatever fashion you like, TX to bind. If it's not binding, something's up with the RX. Try a different RX just to see.
                          Must apologize, the model was PNP on further inspection, bought it several years ago from Motion rc and forgot!. Yes i know that the receiver is nothing special, i never assumed it was.

Comment

Must apologize, the model was PNP on further inspection, bought it several years ago from Motion rc and forgot!. Yes i know that the receiver is nothing special, i never assumed it was.
                            Yes i tried re binding the model to no avail, pretty sure the Rx is faulty, i will try a spare Rx that i have knocking about that i know works ok in other models.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

This is the first I've heard on motion including a receiver in the B24. I find it extremely odd that it is a spectrum and not admiral part as motion does not sell any horizon hobby products.
                              Hi Gilatrout, my mistake model was PNP when bought several years ago, i suspect that the Rx is faulty. I will change Rx for one that i know is good from another model that i have.

Comment

i will try a spare Rx that i have knocking about that i know works ok in other models.
                                That's your best next step. Those old 6xxx series Spektrums were quite rudimentary.

Comment

That's your best next step. Those old 6xxx series Spektrums were quite rudimentary.
                                  Yes i agree, i have a new 8 series Spektrum receiver in my giant scale Stearman that i know works just fine. This should eradicate one possible cause if i transfer it to the Liberator. If that does not work then i will be stumped!. Will keep you posted, thanks for advice.

Comment

Yes i agree, i have a new 8 series Spektrum receiver in my giant scale Stearman that i know works just fine. This should eradicate one possible cause if i transfer it to the Liberator. If that does not work then i will be stumped!. Will keep you posted, thanks for advice.
                                    To make things simple, just move the Stearman RX along side the B-24. Don't even re-bind or anything. Use the Stearman model in your TX and simply plug in the throttle connection from the B-24. Power it all up to see if the motors run. Saves having to plug all that other stuff in until you can eliminate the possibility that there's something going on with the B-24's ESCs and UBEC. If that works, then you can be fairly sure it was that old 6 series RX.

Comment

Hi Xviper, and yes i did what you suggested and the Liberator fired up!, so it was a faulty Rx, Thank you very much for your valued advice.

Comment

AR6210 is now 2 generations old and long discontinued. An AR6610T would be a good replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                        X